I have installed OSX in VMware, but I can't boot with real mode.

Kelvin_ng

10 posts in this topic

I have downloaded Mac OS X 10.4.7 Jas from internet and i've installed it like n times.

I got many problem with the OSX. I can start the OSX in vmware but when I boot in real mode (not vmware), it shows a "j" word and just stop there.

I tried to input the CD to the CD-Rom and boot with -v command, i saw many many words, but then hang.

DSC03264.jpg

Anyone know how to solve the problem?

I also got "chain booting error" before, but i reinstalled the OSX the error gone.

Sorry for my broken english.

When you boot OSX, the screen first turns black and then goes to grey with a spinning icon.

As soon as the screen turns black, start tapping the F8 key quickly and repeatedly until a command prompt appears. At the prompt, type: cpus=1 idlehalt=0

If this works, then you will want to add these to the Kernel Flags section of your boot.plist file.

Erm...

Yeah, I boot with the CD and press F8 to choose startup option.

I have type cpus=1 idlehalt=0 after boot: and i got go in to the apple startup screen.

01.png

But the icon below the apple non-stop turning.

I wait a few minute but it still turning and never enter Mac OSX.

Is that anyway to fix this problem?

I found that when I type -v cpus=1 idlehalt=0,

it shows a screen with many word and hang in line:

using 2293 buffer headers and 2293 cluster IO buffer headers.

Note: I'm using the CD to boot because I want to try to install in real mode instead of using vmware.

There is no way to install directly when booting?

what means with this line:

using 2293 buffer headers and 2293 cluster IO buffer headers.

?

I think the darwin boot loader can't load, so that's why it showing a "j" word.

I decide to format my HDD and install the Mac 1st, but if i can't get install directly how come i install the OSX 1st?

welcome to my world! i gave up on that sh#$% weeks ago. the lack of being able to boot by itslef has caused me to refrain from osx lol. anyway i tried all the helpful methods mr ramjjet offered but none worked. I could try a fresh install but looks like osx86 server disc is &^%$%^&* so many things that would appaul almost any1. anyway just have the ubcd in yer cd drive n everytime u wanna boot select anythign u want then darwin pops up. worked for me.

welcome to my world! i gave up on that sh#$% weeks ago. the lack of being able to boot by itslef has caused me to refrain from osx lol. anyway i tried all the helpful methods mr ramjjet offered but none worked. I could try a fresh install but looks like osx86 server disc is &^%$%^&* so many things that would appaul almost any1. anyway just have the ubcd in yer cd drive n everytime u wanna boot select anythign u want then darwin pops up. worked for me.

I don't know you mean by have the ubcd in cd drive blah blah blah.....

My english is not good... sorry

I don't know you mean by have the ubcd in cd drive blah blah blah.....

He is venting about a problem he has after he installed.

You are having a problem installing.

When you have trouble booting the DVD to install OSX, you can use VMWare to install OSX to your hard drive. I gave you a link for that above. When you are done following those instructions, you can boot OSX natively from your hard drive without using VMWare.