2 posts in this topic

Strange and deeply frustrating thing happening in my brand new Hack build, intended for audio production:

My MIDI interface, a Unitor 8mkII and my Novation Launchpad are being detected by the system profiler under USB ports, but NOT being detected by applications such as Audio MIDI setup or Ableton Live.

I installed OSX via tonymac's method of ##### ML 1.7.0 and ##### 5.2.1. My system definition is iMac 13,1 since this seems to be the profile that actually matches my hardware the best.

I know certainly that it's not a cable issue, since the devices are being detected in the Sys Profiler and on my Macbook Pro. I know that it's not an inherent issue of drivers since Audio MIDI set up does detect these devices perfectly well in OS10.8.2 on my Macbook Pro. I know that it's not a universal problem of MIDI device detection on my Hackintosh because Audio MIDI setup detects another device, my Keystation 88, perfectly well. I know it isn't an issue of ports, since I've swapped the ports for each device; the K88 always is always detected and the other devices are not.

Please, any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated!!

___

PS. my boot time is very slow and geek bench score about 3000 points lower on OSX ML than on Windows 8 for the same machine... if anyone wants to make suggestions or point to resources on this it'd be appreciated. thank you

Advertisement

tonymac's tools are not supported in this forum, so you probably won't get much help. And I don't really have any experience at all with MIDI devices otherwise I'd try to help you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By superdooper71
      Hi I wonder if you can help me out guys.
      I have few issues here
      • First
      when I boot the clover entry screen do not show the disk icons until i press enter
      (If I disconnect the keybord all is smooth, clover start, shows disk icons and boot from Mojave)
      • Second
      Randomly the keyboard and mouse become pretty unstable. The mouse cursor start flashing or the keyboard start to type repetedly <<<<<<<<<<< when i Press the spacebar or some other button
      (this behaviour is applied to all keyboard I have tried, actually 3 different ones)
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      KB and Mouse are plugged on a USB 3.0 ports
      I have tried to reset the keyboard Pref but NO LUCK
      I have changed Keyboard - Same error
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      I enclose IOREGregistry and config.plist

MY CURRENT BUILD
      ASROCK Z270 PRO4
      i7 7700K
      32GB DDR4
      Gigabyte GTX 760

I believe that there is some code conflict but I have no idea what is wrong

Please HELP
      Cheers
      Franco
      config.plist
      iMac di imac27.ioreg.zip
    • By KNNSpeed
      NOTICE: The official AppleALC now contains layout-id 72. There's no more need to download the AppleALC.kext.zip file from this post.

NEW!

After several weeks of toiling (it's July already?!), here's a new audio solution for perfect working audio. I basically ported the linux driver and created a GUI popup menu to configure the combo jack (see screenshot).

Features:
      Fully working Combo Jack! (Heaphones, headset, AND line-in!) New verb sending kext (no more need for CodecCommander on systems without EAPD troubles; VerbStub is simply a direct port of hda-verb for Linux) Launchdaemon with Windows-like pop-up menu monitors the jack for insertion Automatic OMTP (Nokia)/CTIA (iPhone) detection for headsets! Fully commented sources Notes:
      Line-in mode disables audio output. I haven't been able to re-enable the speakers when the jack is purely an input, but that's the only "issue" Zero "no audio after sleep" issues so far Make sure to turn off "Use ambient noise reduction" when using an input that isn't the internal Mic (unless you find that it helps) How does it work?

Simple! Due to the way the Realtek codec is set up on this machine, the ComboJack program watches the jack and switches the codec selector (node 0x22) to the correct input after applying all the requisite processing coefficients and pin widgets. This means that Mac OS only sees a built-in mic, but behind the scenes it actually is connecting to the headset and line-in ports. This works because all input paths lead through selector node  0x22 and into capture node 0x09, and the OS only acknowledges the capture node.

How to install (uses modded AppleALC):
      Disable SIP (I use 0x67 for CSRActiveConfig and 0xEE for booterconfig) Remove ALCPlugFix from /usr/bin (may need to kill with Activity Monitor first) Remove good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist from /Library/LaunchAgents (may need to launchctl unload first) Remove CodecCommander from Clover/kexts/Other (unless you need it, but it looks like the 9560 doesn't) Copy VerbStub.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other Copy AppleALC** to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other Change layout-id to 72 (in SSDT-Config -- 0x48 is hex) Run install.sh and read what it says Reboot (and enable SIP if you want)! Download "ComboJack Installer.zip" and "AppleALC.kext.zip" for everything. The other zips are sources.
      (Also included in "ComboJack Installer" is a folder containing the platform, layout, and pinconfigs used.)

**AppleALC now includes this layout (layout-id 72) in the official release.
      ComboJack Installer.zip

VerbStub Source.zip
      Combo Jack Source.zip
      AppleALC.kext.zip
    • By jamesxxx1997
      Hi everyone !
      I have a laptop thinkpad x1 yoga 2018 , the sound device is realtek alc285.
      My friend and I spend numerous time on patching its layout-id , however either the headphone jack or laptop audio recording have noises.
      Any help is appreciated , thank you !!!

HdaCodec#0 (Realtek ALC285).bin
      HdaCodec#0 (Realtek ALC285).txt
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).bin
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).bin.cpgz
      HdaCodec#1 (Realtek ALC285).txt
      HdaCodec#2 (Intel Kaby Lake HDMI).bin
      HdaCodec#2 (Intel Kaby Lake HDMI).txt
    • By denkteich
      Hi all,

after I upgraded to 10.14.6 the number of usable USB ports decreased.
      USBInjectAll is loaded.

Any suggestions on how to get all ports working again?

cheers
      .d
    • By jcrcarmo
      Hello guys,

I’m running macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on my Lenovo Ideapad 300-15isk laptop. Everything works, except HDMI audio. I can’t get it right no matter what I try, and I’ve tried every guide I’ve found. I was able to patch AppleHDA.kext and sound is working great, but still no HDMI audio in the sound properties window, only 'internal speaker out'. Here are my specs:

Lenovo Ideapad 300-15isk 80RS
      Intel core i5 6200U @ 2.40 GHz
      Intel HD 520 Graphics
      16GB of DDR3L RAM @ 1600Mhz
      480GB SSD as primary boot and system drive
      1TB SATAIII HD as secondary. Backup drive
      Dual boot (macOS Catalina 10.15.2 and Windows 10 Pro)

Please refer to attached .docx file containing a picture of DPCIManager window and picture of Kexts installed in EFI-EFI-CLOVER-Kexts-Other. Also, in case you wish to look at it, I am posting the link to my RunMe files. Thanks a lot for your time and help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a7ooQ7unNid5up12P1ygagZa1kjzzHSD/view?usp=sharing

Screen_Shots.docx