• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
bcobco

Kernel memory footprint

1 post in this topic

hi all!

recently, i have been testing sinetek's 64 bit legacy kernel. dealing with system logs, amd_insn_patcher, dyld, libSystem.B, update_dyld_shared_cache, and all that...

i finally got sinetek's kernel running for a while, until a system crash happens. it happened when i noticed a very high kernel memory use (650MB)

so i decided to test nawcom 10.6.8v2 kernel, and after some hours, 930MB (!) used only for kernel.

now im back to avn legacy kernel (the most stable i found), and im cheching also memory footprint. as above, kernel memory footprint increases slowly. actually when im typing this, it has reached 500MB.

and its constantly growing!!

i would like to ask those unmodified mach_kernel users, and the other legacy_kernel users, what is their memory footprint, in order to compare.

bug.tiff

im not sure if there is something wrong.

best regards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now