Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sleep -> Black screen, SSH works, but nothing else

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am running a ML-Hackintosh, everything works well, except the sleep mode. Well, with 10.7 it works, but with 10.8 after a few updates (10.8.1 maybe!?) not.

I have a GA-P55-USB3 with an i7 and a 8800GT. When I turn my PC into sleep mode, the screens (2) turn black and I can't login via screen sharing (the build-in screen sharing from OS X), but via SSH it works and I can successfully turn off or reboot my PC via "sudo reboot" or "sudo shutdown -h now".

It might has something to do with my graphic card, so in my /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist-File I have the following entries:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>

Does someone know what to do?

Thank you all very much!

EDIT: "darkwake=no" doesn't change anything.

Let me understand this: the problem here is that the system does not go to sleep, or sleeps properly but cannot wake?

If the system is not even going to sleep like it should (the screen goes black but the fans continue to spin etc), it's worthy to check if you're not using NullCPUPowerManagement by mistake, or perhaps a properly made patched DSDT, or perhaps try a SleepEnabler. Then, if you get sleep working, wake should also work without any further adjustment than darkwake=0.

Now, wake issues when the system is indeed sleeping well are quite awful to solve (if darkwake=0 didn't do it, probably nothing will: don't buy any misleading info out there) and, if that's the problem indeed, and since it's a desktop (where sleep is kind of redundant), i recommend you ditch sleep altogether. If you're willing to try it anyway, good luck, and post here if you're successful.

Best regards.