Switchable graphics on ML (5650m and intel hd)

Mask3r

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to this osx86 world and i've recently installed successfully Mountain lion on my HP DV7-4035es, with everything working except wi-fi and ATI Graphics. The problem is that i don't know how to make the ATI 5650m work, and i don't even have access to advanced settings on BIOS (for disabling the onboard gpu). My specs are:

Intel i5 (all cores working)

4GB ram

ATI HD 5650m + intel HD graphics

thanks even for taking your time to read my issue. :moil:

hello

switchable graphics always big problem in mac os x

but for the intel hd see this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics/

if it works is better that u have know...

good hack

Thank you for your answer, i'll try it as soon as i arrive home, but if i could make the dedicated gfx card work it would be awesome, cause is much more powerful and that.

But one of the problems is that i can't disable the intel hd, because i don't have access to those advanced settings of the BIOS (i don't even't see them grayed out, they just aren't there).

That means you're stuck with the Intel graphics until a solution has been found. Unless you find an unlocked BIOS for your Laptop that allows disabling the integrated graphics. But as far as I've read in another forum the mobile radeon cards in such laptops use the HDx000s framebuffer for graphics output. Which means disabling integrated graphics completely would leave you with no graphics at all. BE WARNED

That means you're stuck with the Intel graphics until a solution has been found. Unless you find an unlocked BIOS for your Laptop that allows disabling the integrated graphics. But as far as I've read in another forum the mobile radeon cards in such laptops use the HDx000s framebuffer for graphics output. Which means disabling integrated graphics completely would leave you with no graphics at all. BE WARNED

Thank you for answering, but i won't stop trying!