GhostRaider

[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

1,919 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, skyfly555 said:

Thank you for saying this, good to know it. I'm happy I can have QE/CI in this old computer, it's great: I use Waterfox and it's ok for me, just the other people who use this computer are Chrome-addicts, I will uninstall it :)

On 7/18/2018 at 3:59 PM, mrblamz said:

I have those artifacts myself too using 1º gen. For now i spotted them at chrome playing videos and such and in spotify app. Do not know if its a solvable problem or if its just incompatibility with such old computers.

I noticed that this happens with all the apps where Hardware acceleration is on.

You can disable it in most apps and you won't have a problem :)

Advertisement
1 minute ago, pashoni said:

I noticed that this happens with all the apps where Hardware acceleration is on.

You can disable it in most apps and you won't have a problem :)

I don't understand what's "it"... disable QE/CI? Could you give me an example, for example, how to disable "it" in Chrome?

Thank you!

Another thing I'm trying: getting brightness control.

Please, if you are using High Sierra and you can adjust brightness, can you tell me which kexts or method are you using to get it?

Posted (edited)

"it" means exactly what was referenced right before: hardware acceleration in apps (not macOS graphics acceleration per sé). In Chrome, you'll find it under Preferences->Settings->System...

Edited by Hervé

26 minutes ago, Hervé said:

"it" means exactly what was referenced right before: hardware acceleration in apps (not macOS graphics acceleration per sé). In Chrome where you'll find it under Preferences->Settings->System...

Thank you very much! I didn't know it could be changed!

Now it's great, no more artifacts :)

Can we get backlight control? I'm trying AppleBacklightInjector.kext (with the clover patch and ssdt-pnlf) as with my other hackintoshes, with no success at the momet.

Thank you again,

hello friend, is there anybody who save clover v2.3 special edition?

@evilouse    ¿¿¿¿¿¿

special edition? For what? Why?
Your question without further information is meaningless and does not belong here!
Clover latest versions are free downloadable !!!

23 hours ago, MacPeet said:

@evilouse    ¿¿¿¿¿¿

special edition? For what? Why?
Your question without further information is meaningless and does not belong here!
Clover latest versions are free downloadable !!!

Because in page one said that we use clover special edition, so I ask question...

7 minutes ago, evilouse said:

Because in page one said that we use clover special edition, so I ask question...

Yeah.. it seems the guides were not updated yet for a long time ago.

Just use createinstallmedia for OS X USB Installer, then manually install Clover package. :)

Man, when I "grow" up, I hope I can reach this kind of wisdom (I mean, hard work), I read the entirely Guide just to know why I can have native resolution on my Laptop, thanks for the Guide, I like to read that kind of in deep Guide.

I just finished to manage updating to 10.13.6 and applied the chrome tweak as well and now no more weird artifacts. Hopefully Mojave gets full support soon.

18 minutes ago, rc3105 said:

"The easiest way that you can create an OS X USB installer with Clover is by using Chris111's Clover 2.3K Special Edition Installer (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/403-clover-v23k-special-edition/)."

Anybody have a valid link to that version of clover?

Old, use createinstallmedia then manually install Clover package from SourceForge to USB's ESP are more than enough:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.XX.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USBname --nointeraction

On 9/1/2018 at 12:01 PM, rc3105 said:

I was afraid somebody was going to say that, already tried it w/o any luck :-\

I still try to make my installer bro.....

Pre-patched kexts are only available for ML 10.8.5 at a minimum. Same applies to the patcher afaik: supports starts at 10.8.5. See p1.

But have a look here for SL.

Edited by Hervé

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

Pre-patched kexts are only available for ML 10.8.5 at a minimum. Same applies to the patcher afaik: supports starts at 10.8.5. See p1.

But have a look here for SL.

That is if there is hope for snow leopard, full QE / CI, Toshiba L500-sp6018m, i3 330M, Linkwidht 1 LVDS, I currently have High Sierra but I need to experiment, I really want to use Intel HD in Snow Leopard, Thanks , :) Thanks , Thanks.  

can extract FB of Snow leopard iatkos s3 v2 and patch Giofrida old version 

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-14 a la(s) 3.44.38 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-14 a la(s) 3.41.16 p. m..png

Edited by jgil00

@Badruzeus We meet on Facebook, howdy? Thanks for helping out within this thread, help really appreciated, homie. @GhostRaider Please add the following number to HP working laptops: HP G62-b40SG: Works: QE/CI, full resolution, rotate screen, sound, ethernet. Wifi works if replaced wireless card. Performance - 2013ish macbook pro. Bootloader has to be loaded through legacy means: that is Grub2 loading up Clover from Mojave EFI partition.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GhostRaider
      This download is only for users who have a laptop with a 2010 Intel® Arrandale Processor with Intel® HD Graphics:

1st Generation Intel® Core™ Processor with Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale only)
      Intel® Celeron® Processor with Intel® HD Graphics (Arrandale only)
      Intel® Pentium® Processor with Intel® HD Graphics (Arrandale only)

Make sure the Device ID and Vendor ID match with the following:

Device ID: 0042 or 0046
      Vendor ID: 8086

In here you will find my QE/CI and CI only packages for your 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics IGPU for OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Mavericks, OS X Yosemite, OS X El Capitan, macOS Sierra, and macOS High Sierra.

Choose your package:

Download the Intel® HD Graphics QE/CI package if your laptop is using the LVDS connector. This package has the necessary kexts to enable Quartz Extreme with Core Image (QE/CI). This enables full hardware/graphics acceleration.

or

Download the Intel® HD Graphics CI package if your laptop is using the eDP connector. This package enables Core Image (CI) only. This enables partial acceleration.

Note: CI only (CI) is only available on OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and below. Future releases of macOS requires full graphics acceleration (QE/CI) for optimal performance and stability.

For more information about 1st Generation Intel® HD Graphics, everything is explained in my guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/
    • By jack-69
      DISM is your friend!

Part 1: (For all the computers that don't have UEFI)

Prepare two USB keys, one with El Capitan & one with Windows 10.
      First put the Windows USB, during the installation (when it asked the Windows code) press shift + f10 and will open the command prompt:
      diskpart list disk (list of your hdd) select disk 0 (0 is number of your hdd) clean (ATTENTION clean all your hard disk selected) convert gpt create partition efi size=200 (creates EFI partition) format fs=fat32 label=EFI We made a EFI partition.
      In my Hdd I have 3 partitions ( 1 for Mac, 1 for Windows=Ntfs & 1 in exFat for sharing files between the two systems).
      create partition primary size=100000 (1 partition for Mac OS X 100GB) format fs=fat32 quick label=Mac (after we will format in HFS+ with disk utility) create partition msr size=128 (creates Microsoft Reserved) create partition primary size=100000 (1 partition for Windows 10 100GB) format fs=ntfs quick label=Windows (format in Ntfs) create partition primary (creates a partition with the remaining space) format fs=exfat quick label=Hdd (format in exFat) Now the fun part.
      We should insert the letters for the partitions. Check
      select disk 0 list volume (check the assigned letters, REMINDS the letter assigned to the USB "example d") list partition (check the number of partition EFI "example partition 1") select partition 1 assign letter=h list partition (check the number of partition Windows "example partition 3") select partition 3 assign letter=g exit Then we have the letter "D:\" for the USB, "H:\" for the EFI partition & "G:\" for the Windows partition.
      Now we need to copy the installation files from the USB to the Windows partition.
      cd\windows\system32\ dism /apply-image /imagefile:d:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:g:\ Break....
      Now we need the Windows EFI boot files.
      cd\ g: bcdboot (check the command line) bcdboot g:\windows /1 en-us /s h: /f UEFI (in my case "/1 It-it") Restart the computer with the Mac USB "Clover bootloader", then select Microsoft EFI and start the installation of Windows 10 in FULL GPT. 
      If you don't see the exFat partition in Windows don't worry.
      (Take a program like Partition Wizard, format the partition in NTFS  and assigns the letter D:\. Now open the command prompt administrator and write:
      diskpart select disk 0 list partition (check the partition before-exFat = after-NTFS "example partition 4") select partition 4 format fs=exfat quick label=Hdd Now you must have the partition exfat visible and writable)

Part 2:

Important!  
      Don't format or delete the EFI partition.   
      From the Mac USB we need delete AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. 

Now we go in to the installation of El Capitan, with disk utility format the partition "Mac" in HFS+ mac journaled, then install Mac OS X.
      While starting El Capitan from your hard drive, we must block AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. (& add cpus=1 or patch with clover)
      When El Capitan is started:
      Patch AICPM with Clover Configurator Install Clover like this  (of course without installation El Capitan) "Legacy mode" Replace the config.plist in EFI partition and add SMBIOS with clover configurator - macbook pro 6.1 Put the DSDT Put HFSPlus.efi, NTFS.efi in drivers64 folder Insert and replace all kext PS:During the first system start we must go in the system preferences, keyboard, shortcuts and change the key combination of brightness (f2- f3+).

Work:  

Intel Core i5 460M
      Intel HD Graphics                                      (Clean graphics without artifacts)
      Wifi & Ethernet                                          (Atheros AR9285 & Realtek 8111)
      Stereo speakers & Microphone                    (IDT92HD81B1X5)
      Keyboard & multi-touch touchpad
      Memory Card Reader
      Camera
      All USB
      Battery
      Sleep & Wake
      Brightness Values
      App Store

Don't work: 

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470                      (Blocked by BIOS)
      FaceTime                                                   (With Rom,SN,MLB valid work)
      iMessage                                                   (With Rom,SN,MLB valid work)
      Maps            

Thanks : GhostRider - pokenguyen - Mirone & Micky1979 - RehabMan

HP El Cpitan.zip
    • By newbie2379
      Good day,

I'm trying to install OSX El Capitan on my laptop all the time.
      I have a laptop with a Intel CORE i5 430M Arrandale CPU and first generation Intel HD Graphics.
      The problem is the graphics card.
      I have deleted the kext for the graphics card to install El Capitan.
      After installing it boots also without error messages, but then comes a graphic error. The graphics error was already before I had deleted the Kext before installing.
      The graphics error should not come, however, if I had deleted the kext?

I can install OSX successfully, but when booting comes a graphic error.

I have also searched the Internet for solutions. The solutions I had found only work after a successful boot.

I have tried it with other graphics kext, but without success.

I also have no other computer with OSX.

Best regards