GhostRaider

[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

1,919 posts in this topic

This one isn't a graphics related question, but still please answer it :D. I made a bootable usb via the createinstallmedia command line for Sierra, installed the clover boot loader and configured it properly but whenever I try to boot with it, it throws a kernel panic stating that it can't perform a kext scan as no kext summary was found! I haven't placed a single kext on the "kexts" folder on the EFI partition on my usb drive tho! Any help will greatly appreciated! Please help me :(

delete all AppleIntelHDGraphics kext in the S/L/E on the instalation drive and try to boot or try this https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5243626

sorry for my english

I am a russian

Advertisement

I waiting kext support macOS 10.12 Sierra ....  :yes:

I instailer macOS 10.12 on Acer 4741G success !  but Intel HD Graphics not working ! I don't have kext AppleInteHDGraphicsFB.kext patch for macOS 10.12

I have tried to use AppleInteHDGraphicsFB.kext vanilla patch by Clover was not passed !

who are some AppleInteHDGraphicsFB.kext for macOS 10.12 ?? help me please !!  :(

Thanks for help.  :blush:

ps. sorry for my english

Using Patched 10.11.6's AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext will boot Sierra 10.12 into Full QE/CI, this is mine...

(TOSHIBA Satellite L645, i3 M380, 4GB RAM, Intel HD 1st Gen)

14379858_1362295150449704_41847144464632

IF it's framebuffer :SingleLink/Normal/LCD+VGA/LCD+VGA LW1

can you send me it 

thanks 

@arcade33:

"IF it's framebuffer :SingleLink/Normal/LCD+VGA/LCD+VGA LW1"

Yes, use same patched kext from downloads section here.

Patched 10.11.6's AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext  don't work for my hackintosh

Using Patched 10.11.6's AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext will boot Sierra 10.12 into Full QE/CI, this is mine...

Im jealous :( Hahaha! Its a bummer I use the Alternate frame buffer :(

use can give me DSDT, SSDT, kext ACPIBacklight and kext intel graphics HD of you??

my laptop Toshiba satellite L640 

tsk :)

I can confirm that the patched 10.11.6 AppleIntelHdgraphicsFB.kext works on Sierra. I have a Dell Vostro 3300 with Intel Core i5 M420m 2.27Ghz and inte Ironlake ID 46 Rev. 12. You need just the frame buffer kext from the package and keep the other original kext. I use the alternative one with the plist values set to Zero for proper sleep and wake up the display. Of course I use patched DSDT for backlight and also have the Intelbacklight.kext installed.

Confirmed! The QE/CI for Intel HD 1st Gen 8086:0046 still works smooth on Sierra 10.12.1 Developer Beta 3 16B2338c. Still using Patched 10.11.6's AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

14543732_1377673208911898_23675436955497

I have QE/CI working in El Capitan (Sierra too). Now I'm trying to get my brightness slider to work. I followed the DSDT fix in post #1 and I am using IntelBackLight.kext.

1. Initial brightness is zero. (The desktop opens as a black screen and I need to increase the brightness each time)

2. Brightness is working in reverse. (Increasing it makes it darker, decreasing it makes it brighter)

3. The brightness keys being used are Fn-Insert (ScrLk), [F14?] and Fn-Home (Pause), [F15?] but I would like to reassign them to Fn-Up and Fn-Down. I tried Karabiner but it would not work.

I know some people are concerned about macOS Sierra compatibility. I have barely updated my MacBook Pro to Sierra. My desktop Hackintosh still runs El Capitan. I don't have time to upgrade it.

As for the future of 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics, it will be on life support. In other words future releases of macOS will require Metal support which this GPU doesn't have.

The Sierra framebuffer has changed again which means that somewhere in the framebuffer binaries Apple has changed some values. I don't have my Gateway laptop anymore to test. Anybody is free to take over the patching process if they know how to fix it.

But any laptop that can run El Capitan with QE/CI can run macOS Sierra just fine. All you need to do is replace the Sierra framebuffer with the one used for El Capitan. It's that simple. Actually, this has worked for every release. I will be releasing a rollback package for Sierra soon. It will contain the original Sierra Intel HD Graphics kexts but with El Capitan 10.11.6 framebuffers. Remember, a framebuffer simply allows you to see what's on your screen. Apple doesn't improve performance for 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics anymore.

It seems Apple optimized the compiling process of AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB, thus the binary code changed and is no longer compatible with the "LinkWidth LW 1" patch. I found a new one by comparing the disassembled code of version 10.12 and 10.11.6.

LinkWidth LW 1

Find: 498B8C24980600000FB65118C1E213418B766C09D64189766C89B00C000F00410B5668
Replace: B9FFFFC7FF418B566C21CA4189566C89900C000F00418B566821CA498B8C2498060000 

I have post this on pcbeta (http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1718645-1-1.html)

Tested it on my Acer Aspire 3820TZG (i5 560m) and it works fine.

The attachment is patched version of AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext of macOS Sierra 10.12.

Attention: this is NOT for LW 2~4.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.zip

It seems Apple optimized the compiling process of AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB, thus the binary code changed and is no longer compatible with the "LinkWidth LW 1" patch. I found a new one by comparing the disassembled code of version 10.12 and 10.11.6.

LinkWidth LW 1

Find: 498B8C24980600000FB65118C1E213418B766C09D64189766C89B00C000F00410B5668
Replace: B9FFFFC7FF418B566C21CA4189566C89900C000F00418B566821CA498B8C2498060000
I have post this on pcbeta (http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1718645-1-1.html)

Tested it on my Acer Aspire 3820TZG (i5 560m) and it works fine.

The attachment is patched version of AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext of macOS Sierra 10.12.

Attention: this is NOT for LW 2~4.

Great work Yishiluo! I'm not sure if people use LW2-LW4 to be honest. I mostly see LW1 working for most. I'll include your patched framebuffer in the pack with the appropriate plist files. Credit is given as usual. The user will have a choice between your framebuffer or the rollback framebuffer. There should be no performance difference as far as I know.

1st gen i3 m370 .. not working . macOS Sierra.. patched version also .. any way to activate it

You need to be more specific. What version of the framebuffer normally works for you? Normal one, alternate one? Etc.

You need to be more specific. What version of the framebuffer normally works for you? Normal one, alternate one? Etc.

i use normal LW 1 it worked till el capitan 10.11.6 .. and i have installed the same kext in sierra .. its showing 288mb ... but its too slow. animations are too slow and translucency is not active .. using clover .. PatchVBios ON 

i use normal LW 1 it worked till el capitan 10.11.6 .. and i have installed the same kext in sierra .. its showing 288mb ... but its too slow. animations are too slow and translucency is not active .. using clover .. PatchVBios ON

Hello! Just a quick question, I currently have a Pentium P6100 which served me just fine until El Capitan. Im trying to install Sierra but it throws me a kernel panic Stating "Thread 0 has crashed". Im using Clover as my boot loader :D (Im happy I found a way to make it work!) After searching the Google world, results shows that I need to fake my CPU ID via Clover. I don't know what ID works for a Pentium (Obviously this is the First Gen, Okay :D). Could you help me solve this problem? Thanks!

Hello! Just a quick question, I currently have a Pentium P6100 which served me just fine until El Capitan. Im trying to install Sierra but it throws me a kernel panic Stating "Thread 0 has crashed". Im using Clover as my boot loader :D (Im happy I found a way to make it work!) After searching the Google world, results shows that I need to fake my CPU ID via Clover. I don't know what ID works for a Pentium (Obviously this is the First Gen, Okay :D). Could you help me solve this problem? Thanks!

Unfortunately, bcoz Intel P6100's CPU has SSE3.x Instruction at max, while Sierra needs at least SSE4.1 AFAIK. Read more here: http://netkas.org/?p=1448  :).

But, U may upgrading it's CPU first with Core i- Arrandale series (32 nm).

Unfortunately, bcoz Intel P6100's CPU has SSE3.x Instruction at max, while Sierra needs at least SSE4.1 AFAIK. Read more here: http://netkas.org/?p=1448  :).

But, U may upgrading it's CPU first with Core i- Arrandale series (32 nm).

Aww. I don't have the funds to buy a new processor though :(. Is there a workaround fix for it? Like compiling the Sierra's kernel to work for me? Is that possible?