some problem after installation

noblex

10 posts in this topic

hi everyone, i installed os x mountain lion on my acer 5742g (specs here)

i installed kext and everything but i still have these problems:

1)i can't in any way change my resolution from 1028x768, maybe because my laptop have 2 vga (nvidia optimus technology) and i can't disable one of them in the bios

2)the keyboard can't type some common symbols like the @, i know probabily is because the system think i have the mac keyboard and wait for a keys cobination which i can't tipe

3)google chrome, but neither safari or firefox, save my tabs, and every time i open it i have to seach my stuff again

4) i strangely slow when i open the launchpad, is the minor problem, since the system is fast in every other usage

i hope you can help me

Hi :)

and welcome on InsanelyMac.

1) using GraphicsEnable can help to unlock the resolution but it seems that you don't have QE/CI enable, so need to find the kexts for your graphics card or by editing your dsdt.

2) System Preferences => Language & Text => Input method then check English - PC or what other you want

3) not sure, maybe it's something related to QE/CI idontno.gif

4) the fluidity of launchpad depends of QE/CI, needs to have QE/CI enabled for correctly working.

The best help you can get is that of yourself. ;)

The goal is not to have a low cost Mac but to understand the OS X functioning on a PC.

And for that, there is no magic recipe, need to read, read, read and learn. :D;)

Good luck

Hi tanks!

ok, from the bootloader, i see that the system locates only the integrated graphic card... is there a way to make the system use the nvidia 540?

from the rest.... i do not know what a qe/ec is, idem for dsdt, where can i learn?

ok, i see

after a check, i can say that there is the following problem:

1)the screen kext is installed

2)i have a dsdt file in my /extra folder

3)the qe/ci is not enabled (i see because the dockbar is not trasparent)

i edited the content of the org.chameleon.boot.plist file in this way

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1366x768x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>darkwake=0</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

but nothing got better, i also try to write "Graphics mode"="1366x768" in the boot, same, not work

it there a method to delete my screen kext file, and all graphic settings and reinstall them hoping this time work?

do you have a better idea?

i tried to active them via 0sx86tool but i gat this error

Can’t make "The domain/default pair of (com.apple.windowserver, QuartzGLEnabled) does not exist" into type boolean. (-1700)