Mac �Freezes (occassionally) When Starting

8 posts in this topic

See here.......match the kernel version with the OS X system version....... :)

If you are running OS X 10.5.8 then try the Qoopz 9.8.0 v2 Voodoo kernel..........look for AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext in /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions to see if already installed......also check version of Seatbelt.kext and System.kext........should be 10.5.8 versions if running 9.8.0 kernel......

iDeneb v1.6MacOSX Leopard 10.5.8 Lite Edition DVD contains I believe (but you should check):

Mac OSX 10.5.6 and MacOSX Update Combo10.5.8

Chameleon 1.0.12

kernel Default kernel: Voodoo 9.5.0 Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3

Alternative Kernel: Qoopz 9.8.0, AnV 9.7.0, ToH 9.2.0

iDeneb x86 Essential Patches: AppleDecrypt.kext and Disabler.kext

Check Installer Customise menu choices......

as it is a long time since I worked on installing OS X Leopard (on nForce + Intel CPU MOBOs).......so you will need to do some further research and look for OS X 10.5.8 install guides for more backgound information......

You have to decide in the end.........give it a go.........but be prepared for a fresh install........

If you have to do a fresh install and have the disk space, I always recommend the setting up of dual two equal-size OS X system volumes that, being equal-sized, can be block-level clones of each other (until you start making changes on one volume) and it allows you to use the standalone Combo Update to update a non-booted system from the booted system, which is the best way (hence used by most "real" Mac users like myself)........

I always keep my backup volume one system version below the other while testing and/or making any changes on the latest system volume...........then if all is 100% OK for sure, I will clone it to the backup volume using Carbon Copy Cloner (or Disk Utility) and the cycle starts again..........

Check your BIOS settings for CPU, USB and power/sleep/wake management......

I get the same messages on 10.8.2 for the USB ports on my USB PCI-Express card, it's a harmless status message.

AFAIK it means that you won't be able to wake your Hackinthosh from standby mode with a device that's connected to that particular USB controller, hence "controller will be unloaded across sleep".

I think something else is happening that is unrelated to the USB (UHCI is your USB 1.0 or 1.1 controller, USB 2.0 would be EHCI) messages but the boot process halts before showing you what it is.

If you still want to follow this trail try changing settings for your USB controller in the BIOS or try booting with USBBusFix=y. I doubt the root cause of this boot-freeze is with USB though but who knows.

EDIT

And yes what Verdant said (hi dude)!

The last two messages before the UHCI messages is about your OS hard drive. Maybe, if you leave your PC on at this point you'll see a message saying "still waiting for root device" after a while. Can be up to a couple of minutes. Try leaving it there next time it happens and let me know if you see that message or not.