Trying to install OS Lion to SONY VAIO SVS1512 i7

teddy81t

7 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I am trying to install OS Lion to Sony VAIO S1512 the new model with Ivy bridge i7 and HD Intel 4000 graphics.

It has almost everything from the Realtek (Audio, Network Family adapter,... etc.)

Now, I first tryied to install it on external HDD, but here is the problem... I cannot pass the black screen. I already have a USB Bootable flash drive with clean installation of Lion that worked on my HP Probook, but here doesn't work. When it should get to the installation screen after loading the Kexts it stops at the BLACK SCREEN and doesn't go further.

Any ideas?

Oh... is it possible to install to second partition of my SSD which already has a Windows 8 on it?

Thank you for your help.

Boot with the following boot flag: GraphicsEnabler=No.

The nVidia Geforce 640m is included in the system, atleast, that is what google tells me.

Only the Intel HD4000 graphics will work, when the nVidia kexts are loaded, they conflict with the Intel graphics, after installation you will have to remove these kexts, using single user mode, or from within Windows using MacDrive or something similar.

Are you using a retail installation method, or something like iAtkos?

If you can, you could also delete the nvidia kexts from the install usb.

• Like 1

I am using retail installation method yes and maybe I can delete all nvidia kexts from the install usb. But, can I install retail Lion maybe to second partition of my SSD, where also Win8Pro is? Yes, I forgot to write that includes also the nvidia GeForce GT 640 LE. I'll try to install it to external HDD first. I'll try this now.

Thx for info and help.

I am using retail installation method yes and maybe I can delete all nvidia kexts from the install usb. But, can I install retail Lion maybe to second partition of my SSD, where also Win8Pro is? Yes, I forgot to write that includes also the nvidia GeForce GT 640 LE. I'll try to install it to external HDD first. I'll try this now.

Thx for info and help.

I skipped that question, because i never dealt with SSD, so i don't have an answer to that :)

But that's not it. Windows 8 and OS X, i have them on seperate HDD's. Don't know if it is possible.

Get the installer up and running, then worry about that. Post some photo's if possible, about the errors when you type -v as a boot flag.

I tried to do it so, that I deleted from retail installation USB those files from /S/L/E :

GeForce.kext

GeForce7xxx.kext

GeForce7xxxGA.plugin

GeForce7xxxVADriver.bundle

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDANV40HalG7xxx.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDAResmanG7xxx.kext

And then I booted with -v GraphicsEnabler=No and still it goes to black screen and no furthermore.

I tried now with external monitor and nothing happens. I also did with -x... nothing, it comes to black screen and stays there until I turn off the laptop. Maybe should I try with some other installation USB/disc?

So.... now I tried with iDeneb 1.3 Leopard 10.5.5 to see what happens... and I got this:

20130201000950.jpg