Kext edit -- please help challenged users

2 posts in this topic

Ga-Z77-DS3H

Radeon 5450 512

i3 2120 LGA1155

Could someone please point me to a VERY basic "how to" on editing kext? Is there an application to do this? I mean very basic; I've had a Snow Leopard PC running for a long time and it's only recently in trying to upgrade to Mountain Lion that I've had problems. (My old system won't upgrade.)

Since it's been a while since I've done anything but update my software -- everything was great -- that I realize I'm very rusty -- if I ever was sharp.

I have been very blessed to have Azimutz help me in the past but he's busy and I do need to stand on my own.

So anyone who can help me with this (getting an Radeon 5450 512 running), I would greatly appreciate it. I know I'll have to be able to edit kext sooner or later.

thanks

charlie

Well, my question was answered on this very forum in a past posting here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/27123-edit-kext-without-the-terminal-or-permission-repair/

The answer is text wrangler and I have already used it and it works. I used it to get my Radeon 5450 installed -- and it now works. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to edit kext. It is really good and, best of all, it is free.

thanks for this!

charlie