Display refresh rate issue with booting.

wws12

21 posts in this topic

Hi.

I am running 10.8.2 on my system. My monitor is 1366x768 with a 60hz refresh rate. I set the resolution to 1360x768 in Display Settings. My problem is this, if I set the refresh rate to 60, my system only boots verbosely about every other time and gets stuck at AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement ready. If I set it to 75, it boots fine verbosely. Neither option lets me boot non-verbosely. Can you help me with this? I reallly need to use 60 hz to eliminate the graphics articles and fuzziness I get with 75. Thank you in advance.

P.S: I am connected to the monitor over VGA. Please don't say that VGA is the problem because if it was, I wouldn't be able to see the desktop.

GraphicsEnabler=YesShould I turn the mirroring option off in Display Settings?

No, mirroring I dont think would be the issue.

Do you have PCIRoot set to something in org.chameleon.boot?

EDIT:

At the Darwin prompt try VBIOS=Yes

Edited by q64ceo

No, mirroring I dont think would be the issue.

Do you have PCIRoot set to something in org.chameleon.boot?

EDIT:

At the Darwin prompt try VBIOS=Yes

Vbios didn't do anything. My org.chameleon.boot.list is as follows. EhternetBuiltIn=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes, GneratePStates=Yes, GraphicsRnabler=Yes, Kernel is mach_kernel, Kernel Flags is darkwake=0, LegacyLogo=Yes, Timeout=2, UserKernelCache=Yes. I am trying to get it to boot without verbose mode right now before I worry about the refresh rate issue. Please note that the message before it boot to desktop in verbose varies from RTC something to AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement ready. Thanks for your help!

Edit: I tried using Legacy Logo=No, didn't do anything. GraphicsEnabler=No gives me a black screen but it still seems like its booting because I hear disk activity.

I'll try that. D you think PCIRootUID=0 would solve the black screen?

That I do not know. You could try playing around with it at the Darwin prompt to see if it does work.

If not, try "1" instead of "0"

That I do not know. You could try playing around with it at the Darwin prompt to see if it does work.

If not, try "1" instead of "0"

OK so UseKernelCache=No at the prompt fixes it. I rebooted several times and it works. It even works with 60hz! My question is, how can I avoid putting this in every boot? Also, I have not spinning wheel with the logo, it just boots straight to the desktop. Is this OK? Thanks so much for your help!

OK so UseKernelCache=No at the prompt fixes it. I rebooted several times and it works. It even works with 60hz! My question is, how can I avoid putting this in every boot? Also, I have not spinning wheel with the logo, it just boots straight to the desktop. Is this OK? Thanks so much for your help!

Change it in org.chameleon.boot.plist. Remove the excess "r"

post this in terminal to regenerate the kext cache

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Is the kext cache the same as the kernel cache?