7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I have managed to convert my HP HDX 16 in to a sort of HTPC. I broke my screen and just couldnt be bothered to get a new one, now it's resting just under the TV, all stealthy.

I have managed to do quite a few hackintoshes in the past, mostly of friends asking me to build them a professional audio machine, meaning, i never dealt with built-in audio problems, until i did it for myself.

I used tonymac method and it worked without a flaw from the moment of booting. Also installed the necessary steps.

When it came to Audio, i literary tried every kext i could find out there, then i came across on editing the Info.plist file, i found out my audio card details, inserted them, even fixing stuff like the volume keys, half volume fix and mute fix where in front of my eyes all the time, but yea, as you can see, i could deal with them. Then i came across VoodooHDA 2.8.0 ML, installed it, and miraculously both HDMI and Line Out/Speaker Output worked. HOWEVER, i did all this on a Philips TV at work, came back home at my Sony TV, only to find out that neither the Output nor the HDMI had audio.

I am extremely confused, i did make a couple of restarts at work to check if VoodooHDA 2.8.0 had KP's, and i didnt, and i remember very well sound working after the restarts...

what am i doing wrong? sine the new kext was installed, common sense says the info.plist changes as well so i knew that my modifications had nothing to do with it working (or not).

Anyhow, here are my details:

HP HDX 16 1010ea

Audio Device IDT 92HD71B7X @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

Audio Device nVIDIA HDMI @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

i can live without the IDT, if audio works over HDMI, i dont need the built-in sound card at all.

Thanks.

EDIT: i apologize for mentioning names that are not welcome, i was not conscious about any prohibition of other non-insanelymac hackintosh projects.

Edited by fantomas1

EDIT: i apologize for mentioning names that are not welcome, i was not conscious about any prohibition of other non-insanelymac hackintosh projects.

Not prohibited, only the few that use other peoples work for commercial interests.

Think fixing the IDT audio would be the easiest. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283754-patched-applehdakext-for-codecs-idt-92hd81b1x5-idt-92hd91bxx/

Again guys, pardon me for that one.

Though, my Audio Kext affair hasnt been with/from Tonymac, id rather say from Google, the VoodooHDA common problems topic helped a lot in this matter.

@Lejenk,

Will that cause my any trouble? i mean, i have 92HD71B7X, the link is for 92HD91BXX and 92HD81B1X5

It is a guide, on how to patch applehda based on your sound chip. Takes some time, but is worth it. If it is to much of a hazzle, provide your codec from linux, will see what i can do.

nah, challenge accepted, but i can already guess that i'll be puzzled a lot. there hasnt been a single thread in the entire internet to make this one work, since the guide includes PinConfig as well, its worth trying it :).

PS, does AppleHDA have any benefits compared to VoodooHDA?