HELP ME PLEASE

thesaz123

9 posts in this topic

So, long story short, I installed OS X on my Dell Optiplex GX620 flawlessly, it has been working for over a week. I then decided today to try and get sleep working with sleepenabler.kext and now I only get kernel panics. The system will not boot. I have tried to boot into i-boot to reinstall 10.6.3 fresh, but i-boot won't load and I can't get my OS X 10.6.3 disk to show up in Chameleon. I don't know what to do! The system isn't dual-booted so I can't access from another partition or anything along those lines. Thanks!!!

EDIT MODERATOR:

hi, pls read this!!!

Cordially, staff

Edited by fantomas1
Your topic does not deserve any more attention than others seeking help hence topic titles must reflect their content, and topic titles containing things like: 'please help' 'look here' 'cash reward' 'urgent' or other inacc

Have you tried booting it into safemode (using "-x" at the Darwin prompt?

If -x does not work, try -s, after loading give in the following commands:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext

What is this "Darwin prompt"? The kernel panics says a whole bunch of text followed by "Kernel version: Karwin Kernel version 10.8.0 blah blah blah System model name: Macmini2, 1

System uptime in nanoseconds: 1143229128"

No where for me to type in "-x" :/

The darwin prompt is the screen you see before you start OSX.

If you do not see anything, just the apple logo. Turn on the pc, and press F8 repeatly, until you see your drives listed, and you can give in the boot flags (-x, -v, -s, etc...)

The only screen I see before the kernel panic is Chameleon loading OS X. Is that where I need to put in the command?

Before you see Chameleon loading OS X, start pressing F8 repeatly, should give you some options to input something.

pressing F8 won't do anything... I tried booting with "-x" and "-s"... -x just gives another kernel panic, -s reads some HFS+ files or something, and then gives me a kernel panic...

Boot the installer, and mount the OSX partition, using terminal.

Then delete the sleepenabler.kext.

Commands:

cd /Volumes/Volume Name/System/Library/Extensions
rm -r SleepEnabler.kext

Volume name is your OSX partition.

If you need to find out, in terminal:

diskutil list

Or just reinstall, probably the easiest way.

I was just thinking reinstalling would be easier. My problem is, my snow leopard disk won't show up in chameleon and my ###### disk won't load... Any suggestions? Thanks for all the help

Thanks for the help. I ended up just reinstalling OS X. Turns out it didn't like the DVD drive I was using, and wouldn't boot the Snow Leopard disk off of it, so I found another drive in my basement and swapped it, and it loaded up fine.

• 8 months later...