meklort

OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

4,346 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, alberto21 said:

Hi,
I am using this ( Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 WiFi Card for 27" for iMac AirPort), it came from eBay and it has been extracted from a real Mac. It’s mounted into a pci adapter (https://www.amazon.com/Shaluoman-BCM94360CD-BCM94331CD-PCI-Adapter/dp/B0762N2R2R/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=Broadcom+BCM94360CD&qid=1578615198&sr=8-17 ). Everything works smoothly with it. Airdrop, continuity... ( for side car I don’t know yet ).
I had an issue as well with the pci 4: I didn’t wanted to use this specific port, because it would ramp down to 8x ( instead of 16x ) the speed of the GCard plugged into slot 1. I used a PCI-E extension ribbon from eBay to be able to use the slot locked beneath the GC. 
Hope it helps.

Hmm. OK. I have a similar adapter (although I don't know what card I have in it) but slot 4 doesn't work for me at all, I didn't know about slot 4 slowing down slot 1. The ribbon sounds interesting. Would it be possible to post a photo of the ribbon setup? I've never seen that arrangement.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Hmm. OK. I have a similar adapter (although I don't know what card I have in it) but slot 4 doesn't work for me at all, I didn't know about slot 4 slowing down slot 1. The ribbon sounds interesting. Would it be possible to post a photo of the ribbon setup? I've never seen that arrangement.

Thanks.

Sure, I’ll try to do it this weekend, but without promises though. Those times are quite busy for me. I’ll keep you updated asap.

8 hours ago, valiant said:

I didn't know about slot 4 slowing down slot 1. The ribbon sounds interesting. Would it be possible to post a photo of the ribbon setup? I've never seen that arrangement.

Page 6 of the motherboard doc says :

* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot
is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.

1 hour ago, valiant said:

I'm in a mid-size tower though: I don't think I'd have clearance to screw in the PCI card without having to take out a fan... :(

What enclosure do you have ?

Velcro it to the side ...or try to screw the card above Slot 4 but upside-down to expose to PCI connector

Edited by IronManJFF

18 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Page 6 of the motherboard doc says :

* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot
is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.

What enclosure do you have ?

Velcro it to the side ...or try to screw the card above Slot 4 but upside-down to expose to PCI connector

Thanks for the reference.

I am using a Bitfenix Prodigy M case https://www.bitfenix.com/products/chassis/micro-atx/prodigy-m/

Working Wifi, but...

Rather than try to get the PCI wifi card working, I just bought a USB wifi dongle from Amazon. It was about the same price as the extension ribbon linked to above.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RQCTKQY/

This seems to be a pretty generic product, there appear to be dozens of them on Amazon that look pretty similar. I chose this one because it's rated at 1200 rather than 600, does n and ac, 2.4 & 5 GHz bands, says it's MacOS 10.14 compatible, and was available with next day delivery.

It ships with a mini-CD with drivers for Mac, Windows and Linux, but the Mac driver did not work under Mojave. However, I recalled that one of the descriptions for one of the other generic units mentioned Archer T3U, so I searched on that and found TP-Link has a beta driver for Catalina. That worked.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-t3u/#Driver

The only thing is that it creates a new wifi item rather than using the stock Apple one. It puts in a menubar item separate from the normal wifi.

208589704_ScreenShot2020-01-11at2_40_52PM.png.913e47512587589200bbb44c7877c0a3.png

It creates a new network item also.

751527157_ScreenShot2020-01-11at2_42_26PM.png.fef8c7f02f1bf15dd30b393fe420d477.png

Throughput is limited by my cable modem, I get the same speed through the wifi as I do through ethernet.

107246553_ScreenShot2020-01-11at2_45_32PM.png.a1b4fa37ff38ae0094ae88f896722a47.png

It's a USB 3 device and the marketing blurb says to use USB 3 for maximum speed, but USB 3 ports are a precious commodity on the QUO mobo, so after I got it up and running I switched it to one of the USB 2 ports. There was no drop in throughput. You may see a difference if you have a faster package, but on my 75 MBps plan I don't.

<strike>I'm going to call this particular problem solved.</strike>

Damn. I just checked and AirDrop is not working. Neither are Continuity or Handoff.

475504935_ScreenShot2020-01-11at3_26_26PM.png.00b7be31f981394bd0ab902181564ad4.png

Does anyone know how to fix that? Or are those services tied to Apple's wifi prefpane?

Thanks!

Edited by valiant
I was wrong

On 1/9/2020 at 11:00 AM, valiant said:

Thank you,  I am bookmarking this for the future.

But it turns out I have a different problem.

The Wifi card does not work in slot 4, it only seems to work in slot 3. (I did not try slots 1 & 2 because video card). This has taken me days to confirm, but it seems definitely to be the case. Reverting to Yosemite I found the card worked in slot 3 but not slot 4. And because the Vega 56 is three (!) slots wide, I can't use the Wifi card in slot 3.

I don't know if that's something to do with the slot or the card, but combined they don't work.

I don't want to buy another PCIEx1 card and discover that it also doesn't work in slot 4 (PCIEx8), so I think I will try the USB dongle route first.

Can anyone recommend a USB Wifi dongle that works with Mojave and allows all the normal wifi behaviour, i.e. AirDrop, Handoff, etc.?

Thanks.

Fenvi FV-T919, (PCI-e x1), GUARANTEED to work with ALL Hackintosh Systems!!!  (Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11AC & Bluetooth 4.)

Fenvi FV-T919 - New Egg, US. $52.99 USD.

Can be found on e-Bay, (New), as well.  On e-Bay, these are shipped from China.

IF Dual Booting to Windows, NOTE:  The Windows Drivers can be 'temperamental'...  I had to have help from my Local Computer Source to get the Windows side working for my Win 7 Pro x64 Drive.  ($29 Labor, USD.)

In MacOS, the Device comes up as 'AirPort Extreme', in Windows it comes up as "ASUS".

I've had NO issues with this Card.

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

I've tried a few USB Dongle Type WiFi Devices that 'claim' to be MacOS compatible.  NONE have worked in my System.  The Fenvi Card got HIGH marks for 100% MacOS Compatibility.

Edited by TimeLord04
Update to Post.

Damn. I just checked and AirDrop is not working. Neither are Continuity or Handoff.

Well, some years ago, you could use this : https://github.com/dokterdok/Continuity-Activation-Tool for instance. Nowadays not sure anymore.
The better way to succeed, in my opinion, is to get close to vanilla hardware, no needs to tweak or do magic mantra to get it working. And, I think, getting close to vanilla, it’s the QUO spirit, isn’t it ?

7 hours ago, TimeLord04 said:

Fenvi FV-T919, (PCI-e x1), GUARANTEED to work with ALL Hackintosh Systems!!!  (Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11AC & Bluetooth 4.)

Fenvi FV-T919 - New Egg, US. $52.99 USD.

Can be found on e-Bay, (New), as well.  On e-Bay, these are shipped from China.

IF Dual Booting to Windows, NOTE:  The Windows Drivers can be 'temperamental'...  I had to have help from my Local Computer Source to get the Windows side working for my Win 7 Pro x64 Drive.  ($29 Labor, USD.)

In MacOS, the Device comes up as 'AirPort Extreme', in Windows it comes up as "ASUS".

I've had NO issues with this Card.

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

I've tried a few USB Dongle Type WiFi Devices that 'claim' to be MacOS compatible.  NONE have worked in my System.  The Fenvi Card got HIGH marks for 100% MacOS Compatibility.

Thank you for that.

Unfortunately I seem to have something weird about PCI slot 4, which is why I went for the usb dongle. My wifi card didn't even show up in slot 4 which is the only one I can use, because my video card is 3 slots wide.

I also tried putting an eSata card in slot 4, and that messed up the graphics, so it may be the slot itself that's the problem.

So it appears my only choice is a dongle, or possibly trying the ribbon arrangement referenced above.

12 hours ago, valiant said:

Unfortunately I seem to have something weird about PCI slot 4, which is why I went for the usb dongle. My wifi card didn't even show up in slot 4 which is the only one I can use, because my video card is 3 slots wide.

I also tried putting an eSata card in slot 4, and that messed up the graphics, so it may be the slot itself that's the problem.

You may be running out of PCI Lanes, if you are not using FireWire and/or Thunderbolt, disable them in firmware and see if it helps with Slot 4.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:56 AM, IronManJFF said:

You may be running out of PCI Lanes, if you are not using FireWire and/or Thunderbolt, disable them in firmware and see if it helps with Slot 4.

I will try this, but I am a little reluctant. Plugging things in and out of slot 4 is very tight and usually means removing the video card, which makes me nervous every time that I might break something.

Lilu & WhateverGreen?

Did I read that Lily and WhateverGreen were rolled into XMAX-E ROM? I can't find the change notes (SO MANY tabs open in so many places...).

If they were, do I put appropriate kexts into the /Efi/Oz/ partition, or the /boot/EFI/Extras/ folder, or the /boot/Library/Extras/folder?

If they were not rolled in, can they be used in parallel to the UEFI ROM changes?

I am still trying to refine my system and wonder if that's the best way to do it?

Thanks.

Lilu is not been baked into the firmware..

You should put it into the EFI partition in the /Efi/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common folder

Delete that /boot/EFI clover (or whatever it is ) {censored}

On 1/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, IronManJFF said:

Lilu is not been baked into the firmware..

You should put it into the EFI partition in the /Efi/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common folder

Thanks! 

On 1/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, IronManJFF said:

Delete that /boot/EFI clover (or whatever it is ) {censored}

I don't actually have EFI folder - I've just been reading so many articles about getting wifi to work I'm getting more confused than anything... :)

HDMI sound?

So... I have a "pure" SSD that boots Mojave. It's my reference if you will. But once I got it going I used it to install Mojave over Yosemite on my working fusion volume. I used the bcfg boot addp technique to make it bootable.

However, here's a weird thing. The SSD version has working sound over HDMI. The fusion volume does not. How do I troubleshoot that?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, valiant said:

Thanks! 

I don't actually have EFI folder - I've just been reading so many articles about getting wifi to work I'm getting more confused than anything... :)

EFI is a separate partition that has to be mounted to open. Use a tool like Hackintool or EFI Agent to see which disks have an EFI and mount them to make changes.

On 1/18/2020 at 4:36 AM, ntsmkfob said:

EFI is a separate partition that has to be mounted to open. Use a tool like Hackintool or EFI Agent to see which disks have an EFI and mount them to make changes.

Thanks for that! I didn't know about EFI Agent. That's a pretty cool tool!

So the MojaveSSD had

/Efi/KernextPatcher.plist
/Efi/KernextPatcherLog.txt
and
/Efi/Oz/defaults.plist

All the other /Efi/* folders were empty

I copied over the KernextPatcher.plist and defaults.plist to matching locations in the /Efi/ folder on the HD portion of the fusion drive. There was already KernextPatcherLog file there for some reason, which I left alone, even though there was no KernextPatcher.plist file yet.

When I went to the SSD portion of the fusion drive, the /Efi/ folder still had a /Quo/ folder in it. I left it alone. There was already a KernextPatcherLog file there too, which I left alone. There was also a defaults.plist. I took a look at it and it had more entries in it than the one from the reference SSD, so I renamed it and copied over the defaults.plist from the SSD.

So all three of the /Efi/ folders now have the same .plist files in the same place.

But when I boot back into the fusion drive, there is no HDMI audio. I found I had soundflower installed from the Yosemite time, so I uninstalled that and rebooted in case that was the problem, but still no HDMI audio.

What can I try next?

Thanks.

Edited by valiant
Clarity

You can delete the QUO folder it comes from an earlier version of the firmware.

You don’t need 3 Defaults.plist, that is a recipe for more confusion. Put it in the drive connected to SATA0,0

Now for sound ... in Terminal

kextstat | grep HDA

kextstat | grep ALC

post the results

Edited by IronManJFF

8 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

You can delete the QUO folder it comes from an earlier version of the firmware.

Done.

You don’t need 3 Defaults.plist, that is a recipe for more confusion. Put it in the drive connected to SATA0,0

Even if I'm not booting from the SSD drive connected to SATA0,0?

Eventually I will be booting exclusively from the fusion drive and will remove the SSD to use elsewhere. And in the meantime I boot sometimes from the SSD, sometimes from the fusion. Especially since I'm trying to figure out why HDMI works on SSD but not fusion, so I'm booting back and forth. I thought the defaults.plist needed to be on the /Efi/ of the boot drive, which is why I'm doing it this way. Is it that it just needs to be on whatever is connected to SATA0,0, no matter which volume you're booting from?

And I seem to remember from w-a-y back in the day that a fusion drive needed an /Efi/ folder on both of the physical volumes that made up the logical volume. I could be wrong about that, it was a while ago...

post the results

This is from the fusion drive, which does not have working HDMI sound:

ConningTower:~ ned$ kextstat | grep HDA
   57    0 0xffffff7f83c7a000 0x4000     0x4000     com.kext.HDAEnabler (1.0.0d1) EE164AC4-5743-278D-92DA-776233CA760F <13 5 3>
   67    0 0xffffff7f83e2c000 0x22000    0x22000    org.fork.driver.VoodooHDA (6.6.6) no UUID <66 13 8 6 5 3>
  121    0 0xffffff7f83d35000 0x73000    0x73000    com.apple.driver.AppleGFXHDA (100.1.414) 5265FEDA-2514-35FE-A458-8F6BA345F2B5 <120 107 66 13 8 7 6 5 3 1>
  124    1 0xffffff7f83053000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (282.54) 039FEBA2-827D-3E0E-93FC-35CF5107EA15 <6 5 3 1>
  125    0 0xffffff7f83062000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (282.54) E00FE0E4-B03D-34C5-8DC9-39C7D8D50B6B <124 107 66 13 8 7 6 5 3 1>
ConningTower:~ ned$ 

And (null result):

ConningTower:~ ned$ kextstat | grep ALC

Here are the results from the SSD drive, with working HDMI sound:

Conning-Tower:~ admin$ kextstat | grep HDA
   61    0 0xffffff7f826b0000 0x22000    0x22000    org.fork.driver.VoodooHDA (6.6.6) no UUID <60 13 8 6 5 3>
  118    0 0xffffff7f82b72000 0x73000    0x73000    com.apple.driver.AppleGFXHDA (100.1.414) 5265FEDA-2514-35FE-A458-8F6BA345F2B5 <117 106 60 13 8 7 6 5 3 1>
  124    1 0xffffff7f83320000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (282.54) 039FEBA2-827D-3E0E-93FC-35CF5107EA15 <6 5 3 1>
  125    0 0xffffff7f8332c000 0x1c000    0x1c000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (282.54) E00FE0E4-B03D-34C5-8DC9-39C7D8D50B6B <124 106 60 13 8 7 6 5 3 1>
Conning-Tower:~ admin$ 

And the same null result for ALC as the other drive.

Edited by valiant
Additional info

Hmm...

This must be the problem, it's the only difference between the two results:

57    0 0xffffff7f83c7a000 0x4000     0x4000     com.kext.HDAEnabler (1.0.0d1) EE164AC4-5743-278D-92DA-776233CA760F <13 5 3>

How do I discover where the HDAEnabler kext is being inserted? I checked bootSSD/Library/Extensions/ and bootSSD/System/Library/Extensions/ and it's not in there.

Thanks.

EDIT: Duh. I was looking in bootSSD. When I looked in fusion drive, there was a file called HDAEnabler1.kext in fusion/System/Library/Extensions/

I removed that.

EDIT: Ok, I rebooted to the fusion drive, but still no HDMI sound option:

538606843_ScreenShot2020-01-21at1_40_30PM.jpg.7324f31aecdee06b3b3e05de1710137a.jpg

I seem to recall the necessity to rebuild something when removing files from /System/Library/Extensions/. That may be the problem, but I don't really know how to do that.

Thanks.

Edited by valiant
Additional info

4 hours ago, valiant said:

I thought the defaults.plist needed to be on the /Efi/ of the boot drive, which is why I'm doing it this way. Is it that it just needs to be on whatever is connected to SATA0,0, no matter which volume you're booting from?

And I seem to remember from w-a-y back in the day that a fusion drive needed an /Efi/ folder on both of the physical volumes that made up the logical volume. I could be wrong about that, it was a while ago...

Oz will look for Defaults.plist on the drive which is closer the the BIOS which is a weird way of putting it. But if you put it on SATA0,0 then it will find it every time. It does not matter from which drive you load your OS.

When it finds it the first time, it loads and parse it content and then store it in NVRAM... so even if you modify Defaults.plist after that ..IT DOES NOT MATTER until you reset nvram.

And please can you stop all this random shooting ... you are asking for help , we are providing. So do what we ask you , no less , no more (yes I would have told you to remove HDAEnabler which has no business being there anyway) but the way you are going at it does not help us help you.

About /S/L/E

In terminal, you will do

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and then you restart and then shutdown again

After that you will plug the drive that will stay in SATA0,0 into SATA0,0 (Make sure the Defaults.plist that you want is on this drive. BEFORE you plug unplug)  and YOU LEAVE IT THERE! There are 6 SATA connectors on this motherboard, so you have 5 connectors for everything else.

VoodooHDA is injected from somewhere and when VoodooHDA gets in AppleHDA gets out, hence no HDMI/DP sound.

In Terminal, you will do ...

nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda

and post the result. That will tell me if VoodooHDA might come from firmware (but i think not)

and 

locate Voodoo

That will tell me if it is coming from the filesystem

Also make sure your signature reflects the hardware we have to work with

Edited by IronManJFF

About /S/L/E

In terminal, you will do

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

and then you restart and then shutdown again

Thanks for that, I'll save that command.

After that you will plug the drive that will stay in SATA0,0 into SATA0,0 (Make sure the Defaults.plist that you want is on this drive. BEFORE you plug unplug)  and YOU LEAVE IT THERE! There are 6 SATA connectors on this motherboard, so you have 5 connectors for everything else.

OK. I plugged the SSD portion of the fusion drive into SATA0,0 and deleted the /Efi/Oz/defaults.plist from every other drive.

I rebooted twice, then ran the terminal command above.

Then I ran

nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda

and got a weird result:

ConningTower:~ ned$ nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda
-bash: nvram: command not found

Or at least I think that's weird?

Running nvram with no commands did not throw an error.

Running 

locate Voodoo

Resulted in:

ConningTower:~ ned$ locate Voodoo
/Applications/Apps/Hardware Apps/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] - El Capitan Edition/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].app/Contents/Resources/VoodooHDA-v2.8.6.pkg
/Applications/Apps/Hardware Apps/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] - El Capitan Edition/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].app/Contents/Resources/VoodooHDA-v2.8.7.pkg
/Applications/Apps/Hardware Apps/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] - El Capitan Edition/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].app/Contents/Resources/VoodooHDA-v2.8.8.pkg
/Applications/Apps/Hardware Apps/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] - El Capitan Edition/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].app/Contents/Resources/VoodooTSCSync-4.pkg
/Applications/Apps/Hardware Apps/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] - El Capitan Edition/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].app/Contents/Resources/VoodooTSCSync-6.pkg
/Applications/Apps/Hardware Apps/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] - El Capitan Edition/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].app/Contents/Resources/VoodooTSCSync-8.pkg
/private/var/db/receipts/com.tonymacx86.[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].VoodooHDA-13.pkg.bom
/private/var/db/receipts/com.tonymacx86.[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].VoodooHDA-13.pkg.plist
/private/var/db/receipts/com.tonymacx86.[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].VoodooHDA-14.pkg.bom
/private/var/db/receipts/com.tonymacx86.[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].VoodooHDA-14.pkg.plist
/private/var/db/receipts/com.tonymacx86.[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].VoodooHdaSettingsLoader-1.pkg.bom
/private/var/db/receipts/com.tonymacx86.[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].VoodooHdaSettingsLoader-1.pkg.plist

It looks like I tried using Unib**** to install El Capitan back in 2013 (I checked the dates). I did not succeed, because the computer was running Yosemite, not El Capitan. I don't know if Voodoo files in those locations inject anything though.

I did not delete anything this time.

What would you recommend next?

Thanks.

PS I updated my sig with current hardware

Edited by valiant
Clarity

Weird indeed 

try

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda
or 
/usr/sbin/nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda
or
sudo /usr/sbin/nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda

is ned a regular user or administrator ?

Edited by IronManJFF

Ned is admin.

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda

Result is

508 13:44:06 [fredh:ConningTower~] $ sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda
Password:
nvram: Error getting variable - '1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda': (iokit/common) data was not found
509 13:44:35 [fredh:ConningTower~] $ 

(fredh is also admin)

Unfortunately 

/usr/sbin/nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHd

and

sudo /usr/sbin/nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda

had same result.

I just confirmed this is on the fusion boot drive in case I'd forgotten.

Still weird...

EDIT: rebooted out of the fusion drive and into the SSD and tried the same command:

Conning-Tower:~ admin$ sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda
Password:
nvram: Error getting variable - '1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda': (iokit/common) data was not found
Conning-Tower:~ admin$ 

Same error...

Edited by valiant