meklort

OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

4,346 posts in this topic

I am really sorry to bother you again, but so far I had no luck.
I used EFI agent now, to mount the EFI partition on my SSD and it had already the /Efi/Oz folder structure. In there I created a Defaults.plist file that contains the template I found here three pages earlier. That SSD back to my QUO board, I reset the P-RAM with Cmd+alt+P+R. Meanwhile I also managed tu build my Mojave install flash drive. Now I don't see the prohibition sign anymore, however when I boot from it the screen remains black and the system powers off after a few seconds.

I assume I don't have the right things in my Defaults.plist, but I have no idea what to put there. Could you point me to a detailed guide about it? I never had to deal with anything like that for my previous OS X installations on that board, which are frankly more than two years back now.

Thank you very much!

Advertisement
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
	<key>Date</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>09/17/2018</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.F000.B00.1809171346</string>
		<key>EfiVersion</key>
		<string>281.0.0.0.0</string>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>3759006007</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>4280287039</integer>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac13,2</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<string>12 Digit Random Hex</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<string>SystemSerial+5Digit Hex</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-v</string>
		<key>csr-active-config</key>
		<integer>103</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
		<true/>
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Am I right, that I can choose the serials randomly?

Might the whole thing be connected to my nVidia graphics? I also tried to remove the "disable nVidia injection" flag.

Replace the bios info in your version with the code below. Also, use clover configurator to generate a valid serial number, then add 5 extra chars for the baseboard number. Don't forget to cmd/option/P/R to reload the bios and pull in the updated plist.

<key>BiosDate</key>
        <string>06/13/2019</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM131.88Z.F000.B00.1906132045</string>
        <key>EfiVersion</key>
        <string>287.0.0.0.0</string>
        <integer>0xE00DE137</integer>
        <integer>0xFF1FFF3F</integer>
        <key>ProductId</key>
        <key>ProductFamily</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>

Edited by ntsmkfob

Thank you very much. I did so but have no luck yet. Somehow I am suspecting that the NVRAM reset does not work. I never get the flashing screen, the only thing that happens is that the blinking cursor in the upper left corner turns red for two seconds. Is there an alternate way of doing the reset or verifying it?

Not to answer your question about how to adding propery into "rom@0". Regarding firmware update check, you might want to try to insert new bios values from ntsmkfob. Clover and also OpenCore also have full free to grab updated database, maybe also on their "known configurator" tools.

If you have something messages something like below (got from internet):

Jul 21 20:41:28 iMac OSInstaller[543]: Firmware update package path: /Volumes/InstallESD/Packages/FirmwareUpdate.pkg
Jul 21 20:41:29 iMac OSInstaller[543]: Operation: Update firmware failed

You might want to grab the latest values from FirmwareUpdate.pkg by hand with this script.

Goodluck

Hey guys and espcially @IronManJFF,

Finally decided to update my Quo to Mojave. I got the install to work fine after some fiddling. 

I installed the BIOS linked to here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=324811

Which i believe is the latest one with Mojave edits. 

Anyway, the main issue i am facing now is that before moving to Mojave i installed an RX580. In order to get past the apple logo without a loading bar (it hangs there otherwise) i had to disable the iGPU in BIOS. even after Mojave is fully installed and everything else is working, if i re-enable the iGPU in bios it hangs at this apple logo- like before it really even starts to load. I know some of you are using RX580 + iGPU right? whats the trick? FWIW i plan to use iGPU in headless mode (i think i have this set correctly in defaults.plist) but nothing i have tried besides disabling iGPU completely allows me to boot Mojave so far. Doesn't seem to matter if its primary or not.

Thanks!

g\

iGPU in headless + GTX970 worked in High Sierra, never was able to boot that combo in Mojave

Switched to RX580 back to default settings (Auto) for Internal Graphics and Init Display First and updated to latest Mojave.

Working on Catalina Beta (Clean Install) in my spare time.. stuck at white screen after install.

Edited by IronManJFF

Updated Defaults.plist template  ( applies to HighSierra & above notice the change to BiosVersion format) :

Defaults.plist template :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.0.1</string>
    <key>Date</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosDate</key>
        <string>
07/24/2019</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>288.0.0.0.0</string>

<integer>0xE00DE137</integer>
        <integer>0xFF1FFF3F</integer>
        <key>ProductId</key>
        <key>ProductFamily</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <key>SystemSerial</key>
        <string>InsertYoursHere</string>
        <key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
        <string>InsertYours+5Digits</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    <dict>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>-v</string>
        <key>csr-active-config</key>
        <integer>103</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
        <true/>
        <key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
        <string>$label</string>
        <key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
        <key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

image.png.1b3f0c8055b4e168a802d72368232a89.png

Edited by IronManJFF

On 9/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, IronManJFF said:

Was able to update my Mojave test drive from 10.14.3 to 10.14.6 using this method 

1) Clone the drive with Carbon Copy Cloner

2) Boot from the clone and launch the 10.1.4.6 Combo Update to update the original

3) Success (reboot from the updated original)

This is a similar "trick" I used to upgrade from 10.14 to 10.14.2.

Instead of carbon cloning the drive i just plugged the drive in another Mac and ran the installer from there.

But did not worked from 10.14.3

I'm still stuck at 10.14.2 so I will try this

In my case, since I have already two SSD with Mojave I will test with my "emergencies" spare Mojave SSD and check if works. If yes then I will boot from the spare SSD and run again the combo udapter but selecting the main SSD as target.

Thanks!

Playing with Catalina and it looks really good power management works a lot better tan Mojave, a warning, you need a dedicated graphic card, the internal don't even boot and you have to choose the PEG card as default in bios not automatic. Attached is the rom I use with the exception of Ozmosis default ( I use macmini8,1 ), you must replace it with a defaults appropriated to the new OS. Enjoy:thumbsup_anim: 

Ozmosis-Catalina.rom.zip

Edited by elviejo

19 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Same here .. except using the same firmware as before .. placed FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen in /LE

Hi IronMan, what makes it necessary to put FakeSMC in /L/E?

Edited by ntsmkfob

Kext injection for firmware or ESP partition not working ( worked for the installer and in Beta seeds).

It did not prevent it from booting but there was some delay ...which was resolved by putting FakeSMC in /L/E

I guess we need a new patch for the kernel

@elviejo Can you please ...from Catalina.....where did you get that firmware image .. it looks just like the one I made but with an updated KernextPatcher.plist

kextstat | grep SMC

Edited by IronManJFF

15 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Kext injection for firmware or ESP partition not working ( worked for the installer and in Beta seeds).

It did not prevent it from booting but there was some delay ...which was resolved by putting FakeSMC in /L/E

I guess we need a new patch for the kernel

@elviejo Can you please ...from Catalina.....where did you get that firmware image .. it looks just like the one I made but with an updated KernextPatcher.plist

kextstat | grep SMC

From here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/?do=findComment&amp;comment=2679922

Back to square one, Catalina 10.15.1 second stage blank screen. IronMan can you share your Lilu an WhateverGreen kekts?

Edited by elviejo