meklort

OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

4,381 posts in this topic

Hi all, hi IronManJFF  

You're  talking about an updated apfs.efi with 10.13.5

Can you tell me where can I get this file & how to inject it in the bios.rom ?

Thanks

/usr/standalone/ i386/apfs.efi To put in ROM, you need to use kext2ffs And then replace APFS module in ROM using UEFITool

Actually I am thinking of removing APFS from ROM and Loading it from EFI only so not to have to maintain ROM images for every single release

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement
On 6/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, IronManJFF said:

I had to adjust BiosDate and BiosVersion for it to go ... Apple bundle a Firmware Update for iMac13 in 10.13.5 (and updated apfs.efi)

You can do it like this

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosDate=04/09/2018
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=IM131.88Z.0115.B00.1804091830

Also made corresponding adjustment in Defaults.plist 

Ohhh got a little gift... to re-enable Ivy Bridge Power Management ... Unzip and place in /EFI/Oz/ACPI/Load 

SSDT-PM.aml.zip

Ok, so I tried updating to High Sierra from Sierra, and ran into an issue while running the installer.

After launching the installer, and letting it reboot, several pages of text flash by, then the GUI appears displaying that it will take 41 minutes.  After a couple minutes it stops and shows a dialog box saying that "macOS could not be installed on your computer.  An error occurred while verifying firmware."   I'm using the Z77MXQUOAOS.H20.CPWN-APFS-10.13.4.rom, and I updated my defaults.plist with the new BiosDate and BiosVersion as above and did command-option-P-R from the F12 boot menu.  I have to restart and I go back to Sierra.  The System Info shows the Boot Rom Version as IM131.0115.B00, so it looks like it has picked up the new BiosVersion info.

Any suggestions on what's going wrong?  For what it is worth, the latest High Sierra installer looks like it is 10.13.5, so I'm not sure if I have the correct ROM.

Edited by toastie

Verify in UEFI Shell that Bios Date is also correct

nvram -p 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosDate
The values I provided are for iMac13,x, if you are using another SysDef, it will not work

Or post your Defaults.plist

Edited by IronManJFF

Another gift ...

Updated with APFS from 10.13.5 also added a FireWire EFI driver, so far FireWire devices are getting enumerated but I still cannot boot from FireWire (don't know if I am missing something or if it is my old device) if you wanna test it ...

Z77MXQUOAOS.H20.CPWN-APFS-10.13.5.ROM

Side note : I tried a NO APFS image ... monumental failure... had to manually reconnect drivers and update mappings 

2 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Another gift ...

Updated with APFS from 10.13.5 also added a FireWire EFI driver, so far FireWire devices are getting enumerated but I still cannot boot from FireWire (don't know if I am missing something or if it is my old device) if you wanna test it ...

Z77MXQUOAOS.H20.CPWN-APFS-10.13.5.ROM

Side note : I tried a NO APFS image ... monumental failure... had to manually reconnect drivers and update mappings 

Shame - I was hoping to avoid the regular ROM update as well.

18 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Verify in UEFI Shell that Bios Date is also correct

nvram -p 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosDate
The values I provided are for iMac13,x, if you are using another SysDef, it will not work

Or post your Defaults.plist

Hmm.  Running the nvram command from the shell returned nothing.

Attached is my default.plist 

Defaults.plist

That file is invalid , it does not even have a serial number...the BIOS date is invalid  

Create your file from this template .. you don't need anything else

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
	<key>Date</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>04/09/2018</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.0115.B00.1804091830</string>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>0xE00DE137</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>0xFF1FFF3F</integer>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac13,2</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<string>INSERT_SERIAL_HERE</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<string>INSERT_SERIAL_HERE_+FIVE_DIGITS</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-v nvda_drv=1</string>
		<key>csr-active-config</key>
		<integer>103</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
                <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
                <true/> 
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Edited by IronManJFF

Im a little off-topic but im talking about my motherboard. Got it from Ozmosis Configurator, looks like i need to update my defaults.plist.

11 minutes ago, Kynyo said:

Did iMac 14,2 got any Bios date/firmware update since 8/2/2018? I can't find anything new over CC.

Yes there was ...You have to adjust Defaults.plist with

<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>04/09/2018</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM142.88Z.0130.B00.1804091831</string>

Edited by IronManJFF

41 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

That file is invalid , it does not even have a serial number...the BIOS date is invalid  

Create your file from this template .. you don't need anything else

I have serial numbers, I just didn't want to post them, so I edited them out.  Copying them into the template you provided and using that one seems to have done the job.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, toastie said:

I have serial numbers, I just didn't want to post them, so I edited them out.  Copying them into the template you provided and using that one seems to have done the job.  Thanks!

You had extra spaces in BIOS date which make it fail firmware validation

Having a look at Mojave DP

-- No Firmware Update for iMac13

-- No SMC update for iMac13

Downloading again because of checksum error on InstallESD.dmg

Created USB Installer ...

-- Cannot get into Installer, getting messages about Architecture not recognized, Unsupported CPU, Unsupported PCH, kexts stalled AppleACPICPU

That is all for today...

Edited by IronManJFF

On 6/15/2018 at 1:55 AM, IronManJFF said:

-- Cannot get into Installer, getting messages about Architecture not recognized, Unsupported CPU, Unsupported PCH, kexts stalled AppleACPICPU

That is all for today...

You know we're going to sit and wait for you to crack it! Just a matter of time...

After waiting a long long time , I got the installer going ...it completed its work but when I boot every kext is complaining about signature ... will restart with SIP disabled and see how it goes

9 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

You know we're going to sit and wait for you to crack it! Just a matter of time...

You are giving me to much credit... I am just an stubborn user with some experience with this board. My knowledge of firmware and UEFI is still lacking to be able to do the 'real' work. Just trying to bring the best out of this board and to give back to the community that has given me the little knowledge I have.

Edited by IronManJFF

On 6/15/2018 at 12:55 AM, IronManJFF said:

That is all for today...

I had same thing with Ozmosis on my board, but i waited few minutes even with same errors above and the install screen appeared. Kext injection doesn't work on Mojave yet.

Thanks for your input ammoune78.

Here is where I am now ...

I waited and waited (thanks to Ammoune78 and HPB .. Mojave thread) and installer finally finished its work (clean install on separate partition).

It rebooted and I am seeing a blank screen (mouse pointer is working) but there is no window or nothing to click  ...maybe because I am using a GTX 970... I am pretty sure i should be at the config screen.

9 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Kext injection doesn't work on Mojave yet.

I tried by putting it in EFI (we often forget that OZ lets up put kext in EFI) but still no go

10 hours ago, crusher. said:

@PMHeart Oz does not have support for this driver. 

You may try my modified version of ApfsDriverLoader below with caution (tested only with bcfg or dbounce). Good luck.

BA6ED98D-D133-4F5B-8787-D2464BB21122.ffs.zip

EDIT: The latest official releases are now able to load apfs with Oz, kudos! https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg/releases

Edited by cecekpawon