• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
meklort

New OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

3,618 posts in this topic

not a good idea to post links to tony mac

True, except that particular article is one of the best on the subject of the late iMessage woes.  :D It is also not written by the ever dreadful tony mac.  :thumbsup_anim:

If I may ask in this forum...

If I have a hackintosh working well on a Gigabyte motherboard, is it worth buying a QUO motherboard?

The main reason I would switch to QUO is the possibility of not running "MultiBS," Clover, etc, every time my OS X is upgraded--this bothers me greatly.

Also, I have to opportunity to buy the QUO motherboard at 1/2 price used, and already have all the other compatible hardware (i7-3770k, 650 Ti)

However, it seems that the QUO motherboard may need some tweaking to work, as well?  Also, it is using quite an older chipset at this point.

Respectfully,

johnny

Respectfully,

johnny

Johny

each time someone ask this kind of question, a lot of people in this forun, said this is not the place for this kind of question, so ...

But : this is not a good question. Why ? Quo don't get that board in stock, they are not able to delivery all their kickstarter client.

@Jkim74 I've built a few hackintoshes and the QUO Motherboard as been the easiest build.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @posmelet. i was a kickstart backer for this board. and it took months to get my motherboard. i and a lot of ppl were not happy. i don't know the inferstucture  of the company i think the were mistakes made. but i have got my motherboard and its the easyiest hackintosh I've ever built. 

Clean install of Yosemite on the hardware listed below, all is working except iMessage.  I get the following dialog: 'Could not login to iMessage.  An error occurred during activation.  Please try again'.  Same hardware worked under Mountain Lion.

@toastie  link about it on this page. and update your bios to 1479. no need to used patched sound

Forgot to correct my signature.  I am on 1479, and I'm not using any patches, just the vanilla Yosemite installer and nothing else.  I have the iMessage issue, and for some reason now, I cannot shut down cleanly.  If I do a shutdown, the system reboots, and I get a warning that the system shutdown due to an error that appears to be due to the graphics card.  Unfortunately, I don't have the saved diagnostics report. 

@ redtigerxx are you up and running now

Yes, everything seems to function. I think I need to call Apple to fix iMessage, but I will do that later. The next challenge is this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19450796#post19450796 

Once again I need to enable Kext dev mode. Doe you know how to do this when you have a vanilla copy of OS X? 

@toastie  disable cpu graphics in bios and repair permissions on your H/D

No luck.  Integrated graphics disabled.  Had to repair disk and repair permissions.  Something still odd with shutdown.  FYI, this is the backtrace from the log:

0xffffff81f4ad3fb0 : 0xffffff800043ac46 

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[6D99A3BE-D531-3780-880B-13F2FC894A4A]@0xffffff7f80dec000->0xffffff7f80e32fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[766FC23F-452C-3B74-951C-598BB17BCF06]@0xffffff7f80b24000
         com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.4.1)[F4738C55-B507-3627-A9CA-3D29A5230A03]@0xffffff7f80e33000->0xffffff7f80e42fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[6D99A3BE-D531-3780-880B-13F2FC894A4A]@0xffffff7f80dec000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[766FC23F-452C-3B74-951C-598BB17BCF06]@0xffffff7f80b24000
         com.apple.nvidia.driver.NVDAResman(10.0)[53CC0E05-7382-336C-8239-AE884D6CA71A]@0xffffff7f80e49000->0xffffff7f810c9fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.4.1)[F4738C55-B507-3627-A9CA-3D29A5230A03]@0xffffff7f80e33000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[6D99A3BE-D531-3780-880B-13F2FC894A4A]@0xffffff7f80dec000
            dependency: com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl(3.7.21)[4700601D-3FEB-3B86-B2BA-8D71AF84D1C4]@0xffffff7f80e43000

Looks like there is a kernel panic at shutdown, so it never actually halts.  Which is kind of odd, as the first few times after install, I had no issues.

Still have the iMessage issue, but I think one topic at a time.  

Yes, everything seems to function. I think I need to call Apple to fix iMessage, but I will do that later. The next challenge is this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19450796#post19450796 

Once again I need to enable Kext dev mode. Doe you know how to do this when you have a vanilla copy of OS X? 

Edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist adding it to the kernel flags section which will most likely be empty it is read and used every boot if there is anything to use in it.

Edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist adding it to the kernel flags section which will most likely be empty it is read and used every boot if there is anything to use in it.

I've edited the list. But when I run nvram -p in the terminal it doesn't show up. Any ideas? I can upload a picture of the nvram -p results but I don't know if there is any sensitive data in the list. 

I was successfully using the S/PDIF as sound output with Mavericks 10.9.2 and bios 828 then yesterday I installed bios 1479 and a fresh Yosemite 10.10 from scratch.

S/PDIF in still available as sound output option but it doesn't work any more.

Any ideas or experience with this issue?

I was successfully using the S/PDIF as sound output with Mavericks 10.9.2 and bios 828 then yesterday I installed bios 1479 and a fresh Yosemite 10.10 from scratch.

S/PDIF in still available as sound output option but it doesn't work any more.

Any ideas or experience with this issue?

When I reflashed the BIOS a second time it worked for me.

I've edited the list. But when I run nvram -p in the terminal it doesn't show up. Any ideas? I can upload a picture of the nvram -p results but I don't know if there is any sensitive data in the list. 

That is a configuration file whose contents gets read on boot and used it has nothing to do with nvram, if your unsigned .kext are loading it works.

When I reflashed the BIOS a second time it worked for me.

Already done, no way. Did you already tested the audio through the S/PDIF or you just see the option in system preferences?

Already done, no way. Did you already tested the audio through the S/PDIF or you just see the option in system preferences?

Only the options, I can't test it.

I think god hates me.. I often get this window when I start up, any advice? Screen_Shot_2014_10_27_at_12_08_04.png

Redtigerxx - This is the exact message I get after a failed shutdown, which is every shutdown.  I see you also have a Geforce GTX 650 Ti.  BALDYMAN suggested turning off integrated graphics in the BIOS, and running Repair Permissions.  It didn't work for me, but maybe you'll have better luck.  Incidentally, do you have any problems signing into iMessages?

Redtigerxx - This is the exact message I get after a failed shutdown, which is every shutdown.  I see you also have a Geforce GTX 650 Ti.  BALDYMAN suggested turning off integrated graphics in the BIOS, and running Repair Permissions.  It didn't work for me, but maybe you'll have better luck.  Incidentally, do you have any problems signing into iMessages?

It started when I edited the com.apple.boot.plist. Maybe it has something to do with that? Last time when I edited the bios graphics settings I needed to remove the battery from the motherboard. So I don't think I will try that again. And if this is the only problem that I will encounter I can live with that. 

@toastie Do you use the HDMI (mini) port on the GTX 650 Ti? Just booted without the HDMI connected and no more errorlogs :) 

It started when I edited the com.apple.boot.plist. Maybe it has something to do with that? Last time when I edited the bios graphics settings I needed to remove the battery from the motherboard. So I don't think I will try that again. And if this is the only problem that I will encounter I can live with that. 

@toastie Do you use the HDMI (mini) port on the GTX 650 Ti? Just booted without the HDMI connected and no more errorlogs :)

@Redtigerxx - I am using the DVI-D port.  I won't be able to look at this for a couple days, so if you discover something else, let me know.

@Redtigerxx - I am using the DVI-D port.  I won't be able to look at this for a couple days, so if you discover something else, let me know.

I'm getting a MSI GTX 760 2GB tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.