• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
meklort

New OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

3,621 posts in this topic

Unplug the power and remove the battery on the mobo for a couple of minutes to reset the CMOS and try qflash again after restart.

It's probably worth disconnecting all non-essential devices while doing this.

So I cleared CMOS and now nothing I do in BIOS is working. I lost my overclock also, I cannot change RAM speeds or CPU speeds. I also tried using Q Flash again and still freezing once I select the new BIOS file. I think maybe I need to contact QUO.. : /

So im back in business. I reformatted a usb stick I had to the FAT filesystem and Q Flash worked great. I didnt realize that Q Flash wouldnt work without the filesystem being FAT. Im able to overclock again also :)

So im back in business. I reformatted a usb stick I had to the FAT filesystem and Q Flash worked great. I didnt realize that Q Flash wouldnt work without the filesystem being FAT. Im able to overclock again also :)

Good stuff!

Hi, need some Help on my Quo-Board.

Using the latest OSX and create a SSDT.aml, what can i do., to get my System to load this ssdt.aml-File..?

Somewhere i read, i have to integrate the ssdt into the DSDT.aml (located in EFI-Volume). How i can do this.. please give me some advice and help..

i read so too, that there is a bug that prevents my system lo load single ssdt.aml, that i have placed in to the EFI-Volume in ACPI/Load/...

Is this right..?

Sorry for my english, i m german... 

Thanks a lot... Rene

Hi, need some Help on my Quo-Board.

Using the latest OSX and create a SSDT.aml, what can i do., to get my System to load this ssdt.aml-File..?

Somewhere i read, i have to integrate the ssdt into the DSDT.aml (located in EFI-Volume). How i can do this.. please give me some advice and help..

i read so too, that there is a bug that prevents my system lo load single ssdt.aml, that i have placed in to the EFI-Volume in ACPI/Load/...

Is this right..?

Sorry for my english, i m german... 

Thanks a lot... Rene

No, it is not right, you are NOT reading proper, probably translating issue.

The path is correct but the table name must not be ssdt.aml, use any xxxx.aml like OEM1.aml in my example(search my posts to find it)

ALMOST bought this m/b but life got in the way

so now 6 months later is quo the best deal ?

is it more stable ie less crashes

does it offer the best value for the least hassles

or is the older gigbyte or other M/B a better deal

I do note boards lke a The GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series is only $99.99 on sale

is the quo board worth the extra 100+ cost ?

as I doNOT need firewire or T/B currently

I do note boards lke a The GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series is only $99.99 on sale

No would be my honest answer, I would actually just get something like an imac. As well as the Quo I have also built a clover based hackintosh, and knowing what I know now I would go that route.

The Quo is very simple to install OSX on though, but you will need to install sound although someone was kind enough to make an app to do that (I think it was THe KiNG).

Maybe you have two ways to do this.

First one, extract Ozmosisdafult from bios, edit it and replace, another one, if your board support nvram writing, you can change model serial and so on using this bunch of commands 

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=MM61.88Z.0106.B00.1208091121
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=Macmini6,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=Macmini
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED

if you want to change with other models, use chameleon wizard to get other smbios,plist for others model.

Finally got around to trying this. Got info from Chameleon Wizard and tried setting everything to Mac Pro 5,1, but got a kernel panic on restart so I had to reflash 894. I pulled all the info from CW, so I'm not sure what went wrong. 

Almost to reply you but rhys216 made me laugh so hard that I gave up...

Finally got around to trying this. Got info from Chameleon Wizard and tried setting everything to Mac Pro 5,1, but got a kernel panic on restart so I had to reflash 894. I pulled all the info from CW, so I'm not sure what went wrong. 

Wrong SMBios, you got panic on AppleTyMCEDriver, or move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E or use other SMBios definition compatible with your CPU.

Maybe you can try to build your own bios, serch ozmosis thread, i have a h77m form asrock with Quo similar bios in 

So I'm trying to dual boot windows and Mac OSX. I've been running Mac for over 6 month or so and have recently tried to install windows. I've done this countless times on many other systems but can't seem to get it to work on my current one of a friends who also has a quo powered Mac. I'm trying to install 64bit w7 and the bios doesn't even recognize any of the usb boot drives I've plugged in or the DVD I made. I've used various different iso files along with various different programs to make bootable usb drives. Along with multiple usb drives themselves. I've looked around and I don't seem to see anyone with a similar problem so far. Does anyone know why I may be having this problem? Or possibly know of a solution? Also I'm trying to install this on a different drive then my current OS if that matters at all but I don't think it does.

Almost to reply you but rhys216 made me laugh so hard that I gave up...

Wrong SMBios, you got panic on AppleTyMCEDriver, or move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E or use other SMBios definition compatible with your CPU.

Thanks King. What do I need to look for in an SMBios for compatibility? Is that why OZ uses Mac Pro 3,1? Is it just the most compatible with the Z77 chipset?

So anybody got the stones to give Yosemite a spin?

Well I decided screw it and took the plunge and after working on it all last night I'm up and running on Yosemite. I was getting a KP at boot due to having unauthentic kexts installed (I think) but after doing a clean install and excluding apps and system settings from my restore I'm having zero issues other than no sound. I'm hesitant to try installing any kexts for things like sound and hardware sensors in case it won't boot. There are some workarounds but I haven't gotten into reading up on them yet.  I can use bluetooth sound in the meantime at least. Other than the occasional beach ball and some delays when shifting app focus it's running pretty smoothly.

to get sound working, you can use the same binary patch and layout2.xml.zlib, layout3.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib that are used for 10.9 patch.

unfortunately you'll have to use kext-dev-mode=1 boot-arg, since we can no longer re-sign the modified kext.

to get sound working, you can use the same binary patch and layout2.xml.zlib, layout3.xml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib that are used for 10.9 patch.

unfortunately you'll have to use kext-dev-mode=1 boot-arg, since we can no longer re-sign the modified kext.

The only thing about that I'm kind of ok on is that I can enter the boot arg in terminal. Kext patching is a bit over my head. I'd be glad to learn though if you can point me to a tutorial. And I appreciate you taking your time to respond. I'll try googling for a tutorial in any case. Thanks!

Thanks King. What do I need to look for in an SMBios for compatibility? Is that why OZ uses Mac Pro 3,1? Is it just the most compatible with the Z77 chipset?

The most compatible with your CPU(IvyBridge) is iMac13,x, x depends if you are using discrete GFX card or just integrated grapfics, for SandyBridge CPU will be iMac12,x.

MacPro3,1 was used to ensure backward support with Snow Leopard, i.e if you try to boot Apple original 10.6.3 DVD you will have the surprise that your "iMac" is not supported...

The only thing about that I'm kind of ok on is that I can enter the boot arg in terminal. Kext patching is a bit over my head. I'd be glad to learn though if you can point me to a tutorial. And I appreciate you taking your time to respond. I'll try googling for a tutorial in any case. Thanks!

You can use same Audio fix package(select 10.9) plus the boot flag, backup the audio driver just in case...

Ok I'm going to give this a try this evening. My understanding is that, since we don't have boot plists with OZ, that we just enter these boot flags in terminal and they are saved in NVRAM. Is that correct? Do I need to use NVRAM before the boot flag like with editing my model identifier? Or can I just put it in terminal and it will take? Thanks for the assistance, guys.

Finally got around to doing this. After installing the audio fix package and figuring out how to enter boot args into Ozmosis sound is working great.

iStat menus is also working with a FakeSMC kext that included the pertinent plugins.

in terminal

sudo nvram boot-args="-v"

It's been awhile since I used boot flags. That enables verbose mode right? I should throw that in there to see why booting is so slow.

Hello everyone! I've been following this thread and finally got my build running except I can't get my ethernet, thunderbolt to work. From what I've read they should work right out of the box. I'm running 894M bios version and tried to follow the wiki for vanilla install.

Is there anything I need to change to get Gigabit ethernet working? The thing is ethernet is actually 'enabled' but for some reason it doesn't work. Same thing with thunderbolt.  I only plan to use the thunderbolt for storage raid devices.

I would appreciate any help. thanks!

My system:

Z77mx-quo-aos

3770K i7 intel cpu

Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM

Samsung EVO 250GB ssd

Corsair HX750 PSU