Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
meklort

New OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

3,618 posts in this topic

No bootloader, installed the whole package.

So in theory, you have 2 versions of fakesmc installed. I'll have try myself.

Did you install OS X or you migrated it from another machine ?

Make sure the 'Restart machine after power failure' box is ticked in Preferences/Energy Saver.

I've attached 3 pics:

1&2.

Attached to TB (at boot) PCIe cards in a Sonnett TB expasion works fine but appears in this way in System Info, nothing attached in TB tag and 3 PCIe Cards (really are 2 but one of them with 2 SSD on it)

In the PCI pic you can also see the results of Aja disk test on the 2 SSD RAID0 attached via TB, the same result I get using it attached to a MBPr.

3.TB Bios Settings, I've manually changed TB PCIe Cache-Line size from 32 to 64.

post-1160056-0-81359100-1380538545_thumb.png

post-1160056-0-23263000-1380538548_thumb.png

post-1160056-0-54842200-1380538549_thumb.jpg

Methinks we don't see any Thunderbolt hardware because of system definition of MacPro 3,1 injected thru H3A BIOS, remembrr that there was no such hardware on the Mac Pro. One would be surious to see the results with a sysdef of Mac Mini 6,2....

^^^

That's why I was curious about the raid card I mentioned above.

"Note: Mac Pro systems do not support the RR2721's internal device port (SFF-8087)."

Will it work because it's a hackintosh, or will it have the same compatibility issue as the mac pro.

Just updated to 10.8.5 no problems only updated sound kext. still not got sleep to work yet

As sleep works fine for me, and our hardware is the same, might I suggest you recreate the USB without any X79 customisation and start again?

Parallels 7 was preventing my machine from sleeping (even tough no VM was running). Uninstalled it using Parallels script ..sleep works. Re-installed sleep not working. Un-install again , all is good. 

Updated to Parallels 9 yesterday and everything is fine. Were you running any virtualization software on your X79 ?

@ntsmkfob2 the  thought  did cross my mind.  thanks for  your input

Up date from lost post sleep works with different monitor connected with DVI lead.

but i don't think the sony bravia tv get a signal from the graphics card using HDMI after restart from sleep

@ntsmkfob2 the  thought  did cross my mind.  thanks for  your input

Up date from lost post sleep works with different monitor connected with DVI lead.

but i don't think the sony bravia tv get a signal from the graphics card using HDMI after restart from sleep

My monitor has HDMI input, and sleeps works as I'd expect. I switched to DVI-D as the sound from the speakers in the monitor was {censored}. I'm using the built-in HD4000 graphics though. Might be worth trying a different HDMI cable.

disk maker but customised for my x79 sabertooth. i only set up and booted from usb stick  then updated bios and booted into installed HD

In earlier posts you were discussing the QUO board.

The last several posts appear to be related to your Asus board.

Could you clarify this in your posts.

Discussion of the Asus board may be better suited for one of the x79 sabertooth threads.

Can someone provide a link for the OZ website for  816M ROM?

@Lanceommi. please i just said that i used a boot usb that i made for my X79 MOTHERBOARD the are things on the usb just for the X79 BUT I USED IT to install to my Z77MX-QUO Motherboard.

as i believe that it ok as the kexts only load if it see appropriate Hardware i.e. devices on the white list in the kext 

@ntsmkfob.im not using on board  Graphics  using Sapphire vapour-x 5770 and sleep works ok on my other hackintosh with the same lead

if i use a different monitor i.e. with DVI connection sleep works. thats why I'm thinking it the lack of video signal on wake up from sleep though HDMI   already using 816 M bios

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to put together a somewhat in depth review of this product (perhaps with the latest ML) and let the rest of us know in just one post the good ... and perhaps the not so good of this product.  Might be helpful for those thinking of taking the plunge.  Or has this been done somewhere else in the forum?

TIA.

https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org/

CHANGELOG: 816M Fix loading SSDT table overrides. 801M 10.8.5 audio distortion fixed. Click on the link above, download OZ and unzip to any Fat32 USB flash drive.
Restart with USB flash drive and tap 'End' Key on reboot.
Flash new BIOS
After system verifies flashing, computer will reboot twice. Enjoy.

Wow this is a 3.8MB download vs 729KB for the 801M Bios

Did you use a Tor browser?

I've just downloaded it.

Try using safari, It works OK when Firefox don't for this url.

Hey everyone, 

I got my system working but I'm still having some issues / questions:

1) I tried adding a discrete GPU (GTX 650). Initially it wouldn't boot but after searching the forum and feedback on the Quo kickstarter page, I set the Init GPU First to iGPU and Integrated graphics to Enabled. The machine boots like this but only if the monitor is hooked up to the onboard HDMI. The card is recognized in system information but the default is still HD 4000 and I'm not sure if the GTX 650 is ever working. I can't select the card when running benchmarks for example. If I hook the monitor up to the card's HDMI it simply freezes in the grey Apple screen while booting.

2) I can't flash a new BIOS. I had my doubts that the first time I did it with Hermitcrab's (739M) it didn't work. It showed a different date. Now I tried to flash version 816M and it's still sowing the old version. The process goes through normally, then verifies, but it only reboots once instead of twice as the instructions say. If I check the BIOS version I'll see the same one I saw before flashing. Any help? Newcomer to the whole hackintosh scene.

Hey guys,

I just received my board, everything worked fine with the original bios and Windows 7.

Then I have flashed the bios to H3A 801M, the computer boots up on Windows 7 but i can't access to the Bios anymore, no Quo logo, I've tried to press Del key, F12, home key ...without success. Any idea ?

Configuration :

-I5 3570k

-no graphic card