meklort

New OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

3,837 posts in this topic

Advertisement
48 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

Did you update BiosDate & BiosVersion in Defaults.plist ?

yes, i have used ozmosis configurator to generate and modify Defaults.plist and it seems to put the correct details in those fields.

Would a non-functioning defaults plist cause even a 10.12.6 drive to fail to boot? it basically flashes black for a split second before giving me that symbol on screen.

If you have a known working plist i would be happy to throw that on and try it though!

Thanks,

g\

2 hours ago, genzai said:

yes, i have used ozmosis configurator to generate and modify Defaults.plist and it seems to put the correct details in those fields.

Would a non-functioning defaults plist cause even a 10.12.6 drive to fail to boot? it basically flashes black for a split second before giving me that symbol on screen.

If you have a known working plist i would be happy to throw that on and try it though!

Thanks,

g\

Here's mine set up for Mojave 10.14.1, less serial nos. I disable NVidia injection as I have an AMD video card.

Defaults.plist

Edited by ntsmkfob
added info

Thanks,
g\

Totally, if Defaults.plist is rejected, the SMBIOS info is not updated and it will take the value in BIOS which is a MacPro3,1 ... on which you cannot install Your desired OS, hence the no-no sign

On 11/6/2018 at 7:23 PM, IronManJFF said:

I had not much time to work on it .. I tried 10.14.1 update on my 'beta partition' and it exhibits the same problem ... I need to find time to read Ozmosis thread and see if there is something about kernel patching since 10.14.1/10.13.6SU

I noticed that both updates included a new firmware for iMac13 and updated BiosDate and BiosVersion in Defaults.plist but still no go ...

Hmm...

I have an issue that might be connected to this.

My Quo worked fine with Mojave and the first update. Now yesterday I tried to install the 10.14.1 Update and it rendered my Computer useless.

I even deleted everything from HD and tried a clean fresh install, similar to what has been discussed here several times.

Only one HD is connected to make sure I only have the one EFI Partition in System.

The new Ozmosis-generated default.plist sits in the Oz directory.

Reflashed xmax bios.

cleared NVRAM.

when I try to run installer from USB key I get the nice Nono-image shown.

Obviously something changed with that update huh?

attached is the oz generated plist.

any idea?

Defaults.plist

Edited by humba

The Prohibition sign is a sure sign that your Defaults.plist is rejected.

I do not have this issue, The 10.14.1/10.13.6SU installer just give up/crash before the update is complete.

As far as I can tell, The OzConfigurator generated Defaults.plist has never worked correctly with our boards, just take the values for BiosDate and BiosVersion a put it in a working Defaults.plist

Success with 10.13.6SU and 10.14.1.. it was related to Nvidia Web Drivers. You have to disable them during installation

image.png.b83c5ad3469e0003987fae574bfa5591.png

Here is how I did it ...

Run the installer, when it restarts, intercept it by pressing F12 and go into UEFI shell

Select the corresponding partition in shell (in my case it was fs8 because I have multiple drives)

fs8:edit "macOS Install Data\Locked Files\Boot Files\com.apple.boot.plist"

You need to edit the Kernel Flags line so ...

ReplaceKernel Flags-rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmgByKernel Flagsnv_disable=1 -rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmg

Now relaunch the installer from the UEFI shell and enjoy the show

"macOS Install Data\Locked Files\Boot Files\boot.efi"

Edited by IronManJFF

On 11/11/2018 at 4:19 PM, IronManJFF said:

Success with 10.13.6SU and 10.14.1.. it was related to Nvidia Web Drivers. You have to disable them during installation

image.png.b83c5ad3469e0003987fae574bfa5591.png

Here is how I did it ...

Run the installer, when it restarts, intercept it by pressing F12 and go into UEFI shell

Select the corresponding partition in shell (in my case it was fs8 because I have multiple drives)

fs8:edit "macOS Install Data\Locked Files\Boot Files\com.apple.boot.plist"

You need to edit the Kernel Flags line so ...

ReplaceKernel Flags-rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmgByKernel Flagsnv_disable=1 -rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmg

Now relaunch the installer from the UEFI shell and enjoy the show

edit "macOS Install Data\Locked Files\Boot Files\boot.efi"

Thanks for working this out. However, I can't edit the plist file, as the Locked Files folder  is ...Locked! so the shell edit command can't save the updated file.

Also, is the 'edit "macOS Install Data\Locked Files\Boot Files\boot.efi"' line meant to reload the install process - ie the edit is a typo?

1 hour ago, IronManJFF said:

You edit it from UEFI shell, not Terminal

Typo corrected, thanks for pointing it out

It's in the UEFI shell that I'm editting it. I don't think there is an edit app in the Mac OS.

But you've given me an idea...

I editted the file using sudo nano in Terminal, then rebooted to the shell and ran the boot.efi in the Locked Files\Boot Files folder and the update worked.

Thanks (again) for your help.

Edited by ntsmkfob
More info

So I am a step behind in this I am wanting to upgrade to HSierra from Sierra. I thought I read correctly with my set up now I have waited this long all I had to do was run the set up because my drivers were now supported.  HSierra and now I have beach ball grey screen. Where do I start?

Z77MX-QUO-AOS

i7-3770K 3.5 GHz

Corsair Vengeance 24GB

EVGA GeForce GTX650Ti Boost

Edited by kevinaba