meklort

New OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

4,039 posts in this topic

I am seeing reports of trouble with WX4100 ...

Apple has added support for these AMD cards in 10.13.4 (no extra drivers)

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB

XFX RX 580 8GB 

Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8GB 

XFX RX 570 8GB 

Sapphire Vega 56 8GB

XFX Vega 56 8GB

Sapphire Vega 64 8GB

AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Air 

AMD Pro WX 7100 8GB

AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100

Advertisement

Many thanks to @IronManJFF, ,@Cecekpawon and @TypeThree for putting the BIOS together. Took the plunge to update my live system today, having installed an MSI ITX Aero RX560 graphics card. Everything working except sound (again). I'll stick with it, so if anyone has any ideas about getting sound working, I'd be grateful.

Everything working except sound (again). I'll stick with it, so if anyone has any ideas about getting sound working, I'd be grateful.

Sound from the motherboard or from the RX560 ?

1 hour ago, IronManJFF said:

Sound from the motherboard or from the RX560 ?

Motherboard. I use the optical s/pdif out into a DAC into a Sonos ZP90 into a modded Lepai 2020A amp. If I use the Line out (Green) directly to the amp I get a load of hiss that varies in volume as I move the BT mouse around.

Make sure VoodooHDA Injection is not disabled ...

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda=%00

Mine looks like this ...

image.png.2a20d664b7e7beee2ab3306f257df409.png

Hi IronManJFF, thanks for checking. VoodooHDA is getting injected in the bdmesg output (below), which matches the HS output, and the Sound panel is essentially the same as yours. If I select the SPDIF output and then start iTunes, it immediately switches to a Line Out port. I'll order a USB to DAC device from Amazon and do what you're doing with the iTrack Solo, but cheaper!

07:856 00:000 Found Intel Panther Point HDA Controller [8086:1E20] PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)
07:857 00:001 Found HDA Codec #2: ALC892 [10EC:0892] Rev 0x03 Stepping 0x02
07:864 00:006  Injected PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0) - "layout-id" = 03 00 00 00  (4) - Success
07:864 00:000  Injected PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0) - "PinConfigurations" = 10 40 01 01 30 10 01 01 20 60 01 01 40 90 A1 01 70 90 A1 02 60 30 81 01 80 40 21 02 50 11 45 01  (32) - Success
07:864 00:000  Injected PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0) - "AFGLowPowerState" = 01 00 00 00  (4) - Success
07:864 00:000  Injected PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0) - "MaximumBootBeepVolume" = 73  (1) - Success
07:864 00:000  Injected PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0) - "platformFamily" = 00  (1) - Success

On 10/9/2018 at 12:27 AM, IronManJFF said:

I am seeing reports of trouble with WX4100 ...

Apple has added support for these AMD cards in 10.13.4 (no extra drivers)

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB

XFX RX 580 8GB 

Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8GB 

XFX RX 570 8GB 

Sapphire Vega 56 8GB

XFX Vega 56 8GB

Sapphire Vega 64 8GB

AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Air 

AMD Pro WX 7100 8GB

AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100

Thank you a lot IronManJFF,

The 580 and 570 are also good for FCPX, and the WX9100 is a dream I can't afford :)

But I see all the boards are Standard Profile, this means I need to change the enclosure and have a bulkier box under my desk.

So for now I will follow your advice and go for High Sierra until I do the major change of the computer case.

Is the BIOS posted on this page good for High Sierra also?

Attached a photo of my sleek CPU

It's also rack mountable so I can take it with me in a flight case when I'm on tour

And it has a dock for 3x 5-1/4 HDDs without caddy

Thank you!

image1.jpeg

So for now I will follow your advice and go for High Sierra until I do the major change of the computer case.

Absolutely.. update Defaults.plist first
If I select the SPDIF output and then start iTunes, it immediately switches to a Line Out port
I am seeing the same behavior in Mojave and High Sierra 10.13.6 and I think it it because the SPDIF port is defined at 44.8kHz and iTunes wants a 44.1Khz port .. so it reverts to the previously selected port .. in my case it goes to my iTrack Solo

Next problem - system reboots when brought out of sleep. I've tried the old trick of deleting the Ethernet connection and recreating it to no avail. Nothing in system log or asl files as far as I can see that relates to it.

Next problem - system reboots when brought out of sleep. I've tried the old trick of deleting the Ethernet connection and recreating it to no avail. Nothing in system log or asl files as far as I can see that relates to it.

Wake-On-LAN or wake by user activity ?

I have sleep disabled on mine because Nvidia cards are notoriously 'sensible' to wake/sleep'

Does it also happen if you don't overclock ?

21 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Wake-On-LAN or wake by user activity ?

I have sleep disabled on mine because Nvidia cards are notoriously 'sensible' to wake/sleep'

Does it also happen if you don't overclock ?

Sense of deja vu here. I still had the SSDT-PM.aml in my EFI Load folder. Don't know how it was working with HS.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this not once but twice (back in June).

On 10/11/2018 at 1:45 AM, jjrecort said:

The 580 and 570 are also good for FCPX, and the WX9100 is a dream I can't afford :)

But I see all the boards are Standard Profile, this means I need to change the enclosure and have a bulkier box under my desk.

It's also rack mountable so I can take it with me in a flight case when I'm on tour

Thank you!

image1.jpeg

Looks like we had similar ideas!

IMG_20181017_144830.jpg

On 9/26/2018 at 11:55 AM, Casm101 said:

Did you make the necessary changes to the Defaults.plist file??

EDIT: I’m assuming you didn’t already have the beta, and are installing from HighSierra or lower...

hi question, where is the new bios , I have tried a few in many page and link and it not working for me

On 10/11/2018 at 4:45 AM, jjrecort said:

Thank you!

image1.jpeg

hi what is the suppler of your mount case

31 minutes ago, guido13456 said:

for mojave

The one I linked is the only Mojave friendly firmware. If it does not work for you, then you are not doing it right

Please make a proper detailed signature detailing your build to get further assistance

First and foremost thank you for the great help this community has put together in order to keep the QUO motherboard alive!

Yesterday I decided to upgrade my old OSX 10.10.5 setup to 10.13.6 by following the bits and pieces throughout this thread and I was able to complete the upgrade successfully, however I now have two problems:

1) In the BIOS boot options I no longer see the Linux drive that I was able to select prior to the upgrade. When I through the process of upgrading I unplugged all additional drives and only left the one with OSX 10.10 plugged in. Note that after installing High Sierra I had to follow the instructions in the following comment in order to even get my High Sierra to boot, which is located on fs3. My LVM-encrypted Linux drive is on fs7. How can I boot into my Linux drive? I do see in the SATA configuration that it is properly connected.

2) My wireless keyboard mapping is quite strange as it appears that the FN key is now permanently pressed. For example, after QWERTY it outputs 456* for the keys UIOP, which I normally would have to press FN to get those values. This is the same behavior for all other keys which also have FN options.

Thanks in advance for the help.

In the BIOS, change boot options from UEFI Only to UEFI and Legacy to get your Linux drive visible.

Keyboard problem sounds like a keyboard fault. I find that I can fix all keyboard faults by hitting it heavily in the middle of the keys and going and buying a new one.

Edited by ntsmkfob

12 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

In the BIOS, change boot options from UEFI Only to UEFI and Legacy to get your Linux drive visible.

Thank you @ntsmkfob, that did it!

12 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

Keyboard problem sounds like a keyboard fault. I find that I can fix all keyboard faults by hitting it heavily in the middle of the keys and going and buying a new one.

I gave up and am using a different keyboard without issues :)

On 10/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, IronManJFF said:

The one I linked is the only Mojave friendly firmware. If it does not work for you, then you are not doing it right

Please make a proper detailed signature detailing your build to get further assistance

hi it is the same motherboard quo 

19 hours ago, guido13456 said:

hi it is the same motherboard quo 

If it would not be I'd tell you to go elsewhere....

I am going to sound blunt but If you can't take the time to do a search or scroll up a couple of pages and you can't take the time to make a build signature then I don't see why I should take my time to help you out.