Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
JGAN

Nvidia Geforce GT 610 or GT 620?

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm building a new hackint0sh on a tight budget and am looking at graphics cards for Mountain Lion right now. I want as much power as I can get for under $30 (yes, sad). The system is also going to run Windows 7 if that makes any difference. Currently, I am looking at either a Nvidia Geforce GT 610 or a Nvidia Geforce GT 620, both with 1GB GDDR3.

I have read up on a lot of problems waking from sleep and whatnot with Mountain Lion and Fermi-based Nvidia cards, like the GT 620. However, I know that a lot of people have been able to fix it on other cards, but I'm not sure if there is a fix for the GT 620? If not, am I better off just going with the GT 610?

On a side note, does anybody know if this webcam works with Mountain Lion? How about this wireless dongle?

Thanks,

JGAN

Both are really low end (speed)! Used 9600GT is faster - and cheaper.

I would take an x30 or x40 gpu - like 430/440 or 530/540 or 630/640 card. All x10/x20 are really slow (slower / much slower than old 9600/8800/9800GT). Also 610/620 is much slower than 430/440, 530/540!!

Only if games and CUDA/OpenCL doesnt matter at all, i would use those x10/x20 cards.