I am looking for a tiny tiny case! Too much to ask for?

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am looking to downsize my case and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations based on my equipment. I was intrigued by the Bitfenix Prodigy case but it's not available anywhere in Black. Price is not really a factor although I'm all about getting the best bang for the buck. I need something that is about 14" deep or LESS. Height & width don't really matter. It's going on a built in shelf where depth is an issue. Trust me, I have done plenty of Google searches but come up short on potential cases that would fit the bill.

I am not overclocking or even gaming so I don't have any special concerns over heat.

My components are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z77-DS3H v1.1

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K

GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 640

RAM: G.SKILL 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 RAM

Power Supply:Corsair 650w CMPSU-650HX

Optical Drive: Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive

Hard Drive: Western Digital 2TB Hard Drive

Solid-State Drive: 240GB OCZ Vertex

Wi-Fi Card: TP-Link PCI Express Adapter (not currently in use)

Bluetooth: Jabra A320s USB Bluetooth Adapter.

This is straight out of the Lifehacker guide.

Any recommendations on small, mini, compact cases?

Thanks for the assistance!

-G

I did think of that and it sounds nice but with my luck it wouldn't turn out. I loosely deal with powdercoating companies at my work & every shop I have been involved with heats the item up to a certain temperature. Plastic would melt. A Google search seems to indicate it may be possible but it is a specialty & the thought of trying to track someone down who does it in my small town gives me a headache. I am more into getting something ready out of the box.

Someone has to have a recommendation for a tiny case that will house all of my components. Kudos to the first equitable recommendation!

well you have an ATX mobo, plenty of options if you had a slightly smaller board, but with a full sized mobo they would require some serious modifications. This one would fit as is nMEDIAPC Red Wood Wood/Steel HTPC 8000 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case nMEDIAPC Red Wood Wood/Steel HTPC 8000 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case but not everyones flavor. Or since depth is the issue but not width or height, any standard tower turned sideways :)

• 4 weeks later...

Check out this thread. Its amazing what determination and patience will get you!

This is also a good, small setup - featured in the Mod of the Month too.