Howto remove associated email ID in AppStore?

CooSee

7 posts in this topic

good evening,

i helped a friend with his new MacBook Air and used my Apple ID to get the Updates.

but, everytime when new Updates are available, App Store always want my ID to get the new Updates.

is it possible to change to HIS Apple iD.

will complete reinstall solve this problem ?

have i made myself clear ?

thx

greetings

ok :)

have you a mac dev center account ? if yes, with the same Apple ID as for Apple Store?

If you tried to install a beta update, it's a little normal that it call all the time your Apple ID, Apple check if there are more others accounts with the same Apple ID and they "merge" them, if I can tell it like that

I hope you understand what I mean :)

if it happens like that, I think there's nothing to do, only perhaps a complete reinstall could (in principle) resolve the problem.

And if it works, your friend should create at first its own Apple ID and if he can't update its applications, you can do it on your Mac and then share them with your friend

I know, it's a little DIY but it works! :D;)

*DIY => do-it-yourself

have you a mac dev center account ? if yes, with the same Apple ID as for Apple Store?

yes !

I hope you understand what I mean

partly

if it happens like that, I think there's nothing to do, only perhaps a complete reinstall could (in principle) resolve the problem.

i hope it'll solve

there's a other way to avoid this partly, but my friend is not really familiar with mac or pc, at all, so he don't know if he's doing it right !

http://osxdaily.com/...-the-app-store/

i'll call Apple Support tommorrow.

thx

• Like 1

O.K.

i talked to Apple Support today and it's a little bit complicated than i thought.

Fresh install won't solve the Problem, it's about the Licence ( iMovie, GarageBand and iPhoto ) < --- they are connected to my Apple-ID, because it was used the first Time.

I had to send an E-Mail to the iTunes-Support and asked them " to transfer the licence " from my Apple-ID to my friends Apple-ID and it's done, i hope.

Will see in a couple of Days.

greetings

P.S. the Terminal way i mentioned before, only Updates the System, but not Extra Apps, like iPhoto etc.

• Like 1