Sign in to follow this  
rid1

Installing Snow Leopard on an unallocated partition

1 post in this topic

Hello all. I have an HP dv5tse running 32-bit Windows 7 with Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor, which is currently running Windows 7 Ultimate brilliantly. I've made a 20 GB unallocated partition using EASEUS Partition Manager, and I'd like to install Snow Leopard on that partition. I'd prefer to install Snow Leopard on the existing setup rather than do a clean install of Snow Leopard and then install Windows.

I've made a 16 GB flash drive with an image of the Snow Leopard retail DVD (using TransMac) and ModUSB (installed using Snow Leopard on VMware). However, when I try to boot from this USB, my laptop doesn't recognize it and bypasses it and boots from the hard drive.

How can I install Snow Leopard onto this second 20 GB partition? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By goodflood
      Hello!

I am struggling to install Windows 7 64 bit on a new computer. The storage is M2 and it has 8 GB RAM.

The system is assembled by a company and not much information about the mobo is available.

I simply want to install windows 7, preferably only... but I could leave an untouched Mac version on a partition if needed.

Is this something Clover will be able to help me do?

I have read many guides but a lot of them talk about dual-booting with macOS.

Thanks!

• By MateusPT
      Hi there.
      Soo i was trying install mac at 4 days ago and finnaly today i can. I installed the Leopard and all works fin except the keyboard and ps2 mouse. And then i try a lot to put a .kext with transmac on windows xp cause im dual booting it.When i try to use Transmac i have the error"This drive is read only".
      Who i fix this?! This is my first question!
      The second i think is more hard. I have a Amilo Pro V3505 with 2gb ram and Intel GMA 945, a Intel Pentium T2130 idk the motherboard i aleardy try find the name but i couldnt with a Atheros ar5007eg wirless adapter.
      So i instal iAtkos S3 v2 but when i was booting(after installing) it he boots and starts make the sound of the animation video of snow leopard but THE SCREEN WAS GREY WITHOUT THE APPLE LOGO AND WITHOUT THE MOUSE JUST A GREY SCREEM.
      Well i try much flags but when i try GraphicsEnabler=No while the booting appears i recuve the message "you need to restart the computer" and i restart and gives again the same error.
      I think is some missing kext graphical but i cant add/remove kexts cause transmac give error!
      Thanks in advanced!
    • By geekingoff
      Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I have a pretty old laptop that I'd like to get Snow Leopard running on. At first, I tried booting Nawcom's ModUSB with a retail DVD image, but I would always get kernel panic, no matter what I tried (I couldn't even get to the installer).

So I decided to try a distro, after trying many different things with ModUSB. I decided to use Hazard's 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2/SSE3 Intel/AMD distro. I was shocked when it booted to the installer with no issues! I formatted the HD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), GPT. I then installed Snow Leopard. After a while, the installation succeeded, and I was happy. It went ahead with the restart necessary for the installation, and... kernel panic. The same kernel panic I got before when trying ModUSB. I was really disappointed. 

I've tried many things:

boot flags, such as: acpi=off arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -f -s -x (and more, including verbose mode of course)
      booting the installer again after successful installation, and then going to System/Library/Extensions on the HD in terminal, then: "chmod 755 *.*" as well as "kextcache -a i386 -m *.*"
      reinstalling with no customize options selected apart from the boot loader (first installation, things such as the legacy kernel and specific kexts were specified)
      and probably some other things that I can't remember right now

The thing is, if the installer can load with no issues, then Snow Leopard should work fine too, because they're theoretically (don't know for sure) using the same components (kernel, kexts, etc.). If I boot the installer in verbose mode, it gets right past the part where it kernel panics after installation just fine. This makes me think that something is configured differently after it is installed - something that the installer does not have - which is causing the kernel panic and preventing the boot.

Here are the specs of the laptop I'm trying to install this on:

Intel Pentium M 753 ULV @ 1.2GHz
      1GB RAM
      855GME Graphics/Chipset

I know that this probably isn't the most compatible with SL, and I know the chipset/graphics are unsupported. However, I think I will be able to get it to work eventually, I just need some input on what might be going on. Looking at the kernel panic, it points toward AppleACPIPlatform.kext, but I don't know what's exactly wrong with it that is causing the kernel panic.

Please take a look at the verbose mode image I have attached. I appreciate any and all help I receive!

• By Denicio
      QuickESP is a minimalistic and discreet ESP/EFI Mounter application. It's simple! Click to mount, and re-click to unmount.

The Preferences pane enables you to configure the following:

Enable Advanced View. Shows additional information about all discovered ESP volumes. This is helpful when you have multiple SSD/HDD installed on your system. Also you will be able to distinguish between drives with identical names.
      Open ESP folder on Finder. After mounting an ESP volume, its respective folder will open on Finder. This is a convenient time-saver.
      Autostart. Automatically launch the application on login. Make sure you have copied QuickESP.app into your /Applications folder.

Credits: Dennis Koluris (a.k.a Denicio), Rick Patrick for the HDRV icon.
    • By Oschły
      Hi! I want to resize my system's partitions, but I have a problem. Many small partitions like EFI, Windows MSR and Recovery and macOS Recovery are between that partitions on screenshot. Can I use easeus Partition Master to shrink Windows 10 partition, move this free space next to macOS partition by gparted and resize macOS partition by DU? My hackintosh is encrypted by FileVault 2.

My specs:
      Motherboard: Gigabyte P85-D3
      GPU: GTX 750 Ti
      CPU: i5-4670
      RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1666 MHz
      Ethernet: Realtek rtl8111
      Sound card: ALC887
      Disks: GoodRam Iridium Pro 240GB and HDD 1TB 5400 RPM
      OS: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Windows 10 Creators Update.

Thanks for help!