Deltac0

HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

2,848 posts in this topic

AppleHda does not work for me.

Advertisement

and ALC 892 ?   :D

- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)

- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps

and ALC 892 ?   :D

- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)

- Premium Blu-ray Audio support

- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)

- ELNA Audio Caps

Its there too, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

I use those files for my ALC662

Hello, and I with my ALC889?

1.  Realtek ALC889 codec
  2.  High Definition Audio
  3.  2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  4.  Support for Dolby Home Theater
  5.  Support for S/PDIF Out

is meant just for fun. :) For my sound card I have tried everything, I do not think that my sound card will ever work. A user from another forum, has claimed that his sound card ALC889, with the same board, has got to work with the appleHDA. I have very serious doubts about his statement. ^_^
Meroni and Toleda have tried everything, no go

At the moment I am not eligible for inclusion to make the patching of AppleHDA correctly. I'll try tomorrow.

Guyz, im running 10.10.5 with the kernel uploaded by y2k4u. Its running great but i need to boot with uni drive with /kernel boot flag everytime i boot into osx. And whenever im trying to boot with chameleon which is installed on my osx drive, it restarts my pc. Im using the following command on my boot.plist

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>kernelname</string>

Still it reboots my pc..and when im manually adding /kernel on the chameleon boot menu, then also its rebooting my pc. Help me guyz.

Spec:

CPU: AMDFX 8350

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

GFX: NVIDIA GTX 760

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Please upload the contents of your org.chameleon.boot.plist here, then we'll see.

:)

and

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>system/library/Kernels/kernel</string> ? 

or (Extra file)

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>Extra/kernel</string>  ?

or rename kernel in mach_kernel  and kernel=mach_kernel :) 

or simple -f ;) 

Please upload the contents of your org.chameleon.boot.plist here, then we'll see.

The following is the contents of my org.chameleon.boot.plist file

EthernetBuiltIn

Yes

Graphics Mode

1600x900x32

GraphicsEnabler

No

Kernel

System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Kernel Flags

kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1

PciRoot

SMBIOS

/Extra/SMBios.plist

Theme

Legacy

Timeout

UseKernelCache

No

my file ;)

DSDT

Default Partition
hd(0,2)
EthernetBuiltIn
Yes
Graphics Mode
1920x1080x32
Kernel Flags
npci=0x2000 dart=0
Quiet Boot
Yes
RestartFix
No
SMBIOS

SystemType

my smbios

SMbiosdate
10/12/2012
SMbiosvendor
Apple Inc.
SMbiosversion
IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459
SMboardproduct
Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4
SMcputype
SMfamily
iMac
SMmanufacturer
Apple Inc.
SMmaximalclock
SMproductname
iMac13,2
SMserial
C02KP86DDNMP
SMsystemversion

If you replace the kernel in System/Library/Kernels you don't need to declare it in the boot file.

GraphicsEnabler
Yes
Kernel Flags
npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1
SMBIOS
/Extra/SMBIOS.plist
Theme
Choose_Your_OS
USBLegacyOff
Yes

I agree with what Shaneee and Gils wrote. Because is already written in the /usr/standalone/bootcaches.plist:

</dict>
        <key>Kernelcache v1.3</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ExtensionsDir</key>
            <array>
                <string>/System/Library/Extensions</string>
                <string>/Library/Extensions</string>
            </array>
            <key>Path</key>
            <string>/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache</string>
            <key>KernelPath</key>
            <string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
            <key>KernelsDir</key>
            <string>/System/Library/Kernels</string>
            <key>Archs</key>
            <array>
                <string>x86_64</string>
            </array>
            <key>Preferred Compression</key>
            <string>lzss</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

but it will not hurt if you write the path to the kernel in to the org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I'm a beginner (only started using hackintosh 3 days ago and never had a mac in my life). So be gentle :)

I've been learning a lot in the last 3 days. I've started with niresh 10.10.1 on my amd system (see my sig) and upgraded it to 10.10.5. It's been a wild ride since I had to try two different mobos and two graphics cards before I found a setup that works well (gtx 570 looks promising but eventually always starts to have problem with official drivers or with web drivers, when I switched to gtx 610 things stabilised). (plus I had to learn all the mac stuff, I'm coming from the linux world)

My question is: I tried all the different kernels when upgrading to 10.10.5. My bootloader at the time was chameleon (I used different versions). spakk_10105 is the one that worked for me. But then I switched to enoch bootloader and I saw that it patches a prelinked kernel. My question is: the prelinked kernel that enoch is patching, that looks to me the stock kernel that comes with 10.10.5. Is enoch simply patching the stock kernel?

And second question: the power management on AMD, I understand most people are using the nullCpuPowerManagement. Perhaps stupid question, but can PM get working on AMD with DSDT/SSDT? I don't really know what DSDT/SSDT are and somewhere I read they are Intel specific, my understanding is that DSDT defines the specific of the motherboard (and perhaps broader than just the mobo). If this is the case DSDT is needed to define how to setup PM for specific motherboard+CPU irrespective of CPU being Intel or AMD?

What I'd like to have is the ability to suspend my system. (I'm ok to run at 100% performance all the time just having suspend would be nice) 

Sorry, but the title of this topic is [AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic) - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/

I'm a beginner (only started using hackintosh 3 days ago and never had a mac in my life). So be gentle  :)

I've been learning a lot in the last 3 days. I've started with niresh 10.10.1 on my amd system (see my sig) and upgraded it to 10.10.5. It's been a wild ride since I had to try two different mobos and two graphics cards before I found a setup that works well (gtx 570 looks promising but eventually always starts to have problem with official drivers or with web drivers, when I switched to gtx 610 things stabilised). (plus I had to learn all the mac stuff, I'm coming from the linux world)

My question is: I tried all the different kernels when upgrading to 10.10.5. My bootloader at the time was chameleon (I used different versions). spakk_10105 is the one that worked for me. But then I switched to enoch bootloader and I saw that it patches a prelinked kernel. My question is: the prelinked kernel that enoch is patching, that looks to me the stock kernel that comes with 10.10.5. Is enoch simply patching the stock kernel?

And second question: the power management on AMD, I understand most people are using the nullCpuPowerManagement. Perhaps stupid question, but can PM get working on AMD with DSDT/SSDT? I don't really know what DSDT/SSDT are and somewhere I read they are Intel specific, my understanding is that DSDT defines the specific of the motherboard (and perhaps broader than just the mobo). If this is the case DSDT is needed to define how to setup PM for specific motherboard+CPU irrespective of CPU being Intel or AMD?

What I'd like to have is the ability to suspend my system. (I'm ok to run at 100% performance all the time just having suspend would be nice) 

@lpukraine,
you've got me completely messed up today. :yes:
here are discussed only the issues and problems associated with Yosemite kernel development, no support and assistance related to the installation of OS X or the problems caused by the installation.

help toppic can be found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-128?do=findComment&comment=2170215

I installed yosemite 10.10.5 with Spakk kernel patch. The thing is I can only boot with safe mode (-x). 

Without safe mode, I get to a grey screen with a spinning beach ball.

Here's my build: 

Amd fx 8350

ga-990fxa-ud3

2x4gb ram

hd 7770

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi, 

I could go further possible but stucked at graphics card issue. my specs are AMD FX 8300, sapphire R9 280 (hd 7950).

I used bronya's patched kernel, I tried to use kexts for hd7950 in extra folder. (normally this card's id included in vanilla kernels as 0x679a1002) but it doesnt load the installation screen. 

I tried different boot flags, no luck. Besides this installer goes nice until here. (screenshot) 

post-1589001-0-63466800-1443212731_thumb

any advices?

I installed yosemite 10.10.5 with Spakk kernel patch. The thing is I can only boot with safe mode (-x). 

Without safe mode, I get to a grey screen with a spinning beach ball.

Here's my build: 

Amd fx 8350

ga-990fxa-ud3

2x4gb ram

hd 7770

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Modify the AMDRadeonX4000.kext as described below

Editing in: S/L/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

cail_properties

CAIL_DisableDrmdmaPowerGating

CAIL_DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableGmcPowerGating

CAIL_DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableUVDPowerGating

CAIL_DisableVCEPowerGating

if there could be problems then make these adjustments:

cail_properties

CAIL_DisableDrmdmaPowerGating

CAIL_DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableGmcPowerGating

CAIL_DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating

CAIL_DisableUVDPowerGating

CAIL_DisableVCEPowerGating

hi, 

I could go further possible but stucked at graphics card issue. my specs are AMD FX 8300, sapphire R9 280 (hd 7950).

I used bronya's patched kernel, I tried to use kexts for hd7950 in extra folder. (normally this card's id included in vanilla kernels as 0x679a1002) but it doesnt load the installation screen. 

I tried different boot flags, no luck. Besides this installer goes nice until here. (screenshot) 

any advices?

and GraphicsEnable=No ?

http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=82&page=6

hi, 

any advices?

I think I have a solution to your problem. I found this in another forum.

a user from another forum, reported among other things:

Disable VT-d in BIOS.

should your system:

Stuck:[iOBluetoothHCIController[start]completed

Issue:stuck at [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

If you have a VGA Cable for your monitor, you should use either an HDMI or DVI cable.

should you not have an HDMI or DVI cable, then buy a:

"Mini DP to DVI cable" so will your graphics card working.

boot your AMD hackintosh with: -v -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 usekernelcache=No

(install all drivers as Chipset driver etc. to /Extra/Extensions /)

Edit:

..... and test it also has as Gils described, with: GraphicsEnabler=NO or Yes