macbook retina completely stuck without possibility of recovery

luckiluca

7 posts in this topic

hy everyone, i've been owning a macbook pro retina for 2 months which has never given me any particular problem. it all started yesterday, when i was using firefox to surf the web and without any reason my computer got stuck without any possibility of recovery. only the cursor was moving but nothing else. all the apps were not responding. i've tried the classic alt+cmd+esc, waiting a few mins, closing the screen but the apple stays turned on...so i turned my computer off manually by holding the power button, however when i tried again to use firefox i discovered that everytime i click on the browser tab and i write an address, it firstly works and takes me there, but after a while it gets stuck again in the same situation and the only solution is to force the powering off. once it did this also with vlc when i clicked on the expand window button in the top right corner below. i've also tried with onyx automated scripts but nothing good came from it too. an interesting information is that i created another admin account through which i can use firefox without any problem, so this may mean that it's not a hardware issue? is there a way to identify and solve an account issue (if it is) and avoid me to change account everytime i want to use firefox? finally i paste the part of sys log that i hope can do the trick for you experts and tell me what's wrong! the clock got stuck tonight at 3:07

Jan 18 03:05:53 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local mdworker[690]: Unable to talk to lsboxd

Jan 18 03:05:53 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local sandboxd[692] ([690]): mdworker(690) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd

Jan 18 03:05:54 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(692) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd

Jan 18 03:06:14 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local com.apple.ShareKitHelper[548]: --warning: [shareKit-XPC] Received XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INVALID

Jan 18 03:06:14 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local com.apple.ShareKitHelper[548]: --warning: [shareKit-XPC] connectionWithClientInterrupted

Jan 18 03:06:14 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local com.apple.ShareKitHelper[548]: --warning: [shareKit] Cancel UI for running services with Client PID: 504

Jan 18 03:06:27 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local firefox[700]: invalid drawable

Jan 18 03:06:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca kernel[0]: firefox (map: 0xffffff8018ad66a triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff8018ad66a8, region 0x7fff90200000->0x7fff90400000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

Jan 18 03:06:37 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local firefox[706]: invalid drawable

Jan 18 03:06:48 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca kernel[0]: firefox (map: 0xffffff8016d30f6 triggered DYLD shared region unnest for map: 0xffffff8016d30f68, region 0x7fff90200000->0x7fff90400000. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

Jan 18 03:06:49 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local firefox[709]: invalid drawable

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local WindowServer[474]: Received display connect changed for display 0x42803c0

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local WindowServer[474]: Received display connect changed for display 0x3f003d

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local WindowServer[474]: Received display connect changed for display 0x3f003e

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local WindowServer[474]: Received display connect changed for display 0x3f003f

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local WindowServer[474]: CGXMuxAcknowledge: Posting glitchless acknowledge

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x1f = Fifo: MMU Error

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca kernel[0]: IOVendorGLContext::ReportGPURestart

Jan 18 03:07:23 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca kernel[0]: 00000069

Jan 18 03:07:43 MacBook-Pro-di-Luca.local WindowServer[474]: MPAccessSurfaceForDisplayDevice: Set up page flip mode on display 0x042803c0 device: 0x100e14320 isBackBuffered: 1 numComp: 3 numDisp: 3

hoping you'll catch my problem and solve it,

Luca

ok, open app terminal and type.

sudo -s

passw put your passw

copy and past this script in terminal , wait for end and reboot, look if woe for you.

#!/bin/bash

sudo chown root:admin /

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

sudo chown root:admin /

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -debug -force -root /

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -root / -force

cd /System/Library/Caches

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/IOKitPersonalities_i386.ioplist.gz

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/KextPropertyValues_OSBundleHelper_i386.plist.gz

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/

sleep3

Killall Terminal

sleep1

ok, now i'm really upset. i tried your terminal command and it worked with firefox! i surfed the web without any problem for 10-15 min, but then i clicked on the application folder in the dock and then clicked on an app i needed in that moment (filezilla) and then the computer got stuck again in the moment it was trying to open the app with the animation of the app itself appearing in the right corner of the dock (next to application folder)...i think there must be some problem with the osx (hoping not hardware), which has usually been shown on firefox, in a single occasion in vlc, and in this last occasion during a system operation (opening an app)!