[Sell] i7 2600k, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, Noctua NHD-14, XFX Radeon 6870 2GB

ubermick

1 post in this topic

Recently upgraded my Hackintosh for access to Thunderbolt and USB 3 (a free Thunderbolt drive turned into an expensive upgrade project!) and as a result, have some of the parts from my original build up for grabs. These parts were used for about six months, then removed and replaced, and repacked in their original boxes. All are basically in "like new" condition. The original hackintosh was built with the idea that I'd use the PC side for some gaming, so built it to be overclocked and do well, but ended up never really booting into the Windows side of things, so stuff like overclocking and the nice graphics card became redundant. All items are located in zip code 94901, so if you're local and want to pick them up, by all means. Otherwise, let me know where you want them sent, and I'll get you an estimate on shipping costs.

1 - Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge Processor

Overclocked it to 4.5ghz, smiled at my Geekbench score, then decided that the speed increase didn't really effect my day-to-day work on the machine (never game, don't really do much rendering, just basic graphic design). Removed when I upgraded with an Ivy Bridge chip, carefully cleaned with ArctiClean 1 and 2, and returned to it's box along with the stock fan (never used) and manual.

Paid $319.99 plus tax and shipping: Selling for $235

2 - Noctua NHD-14 CPU Cooler

A big ol' beast of a cooler, comes highly recommended from all the Overclocker gearheads out there. Since I wasn't overclocking, and wasn't planning on overclocking, it seemed like overkill. But if you want to push your CPU to the limit, then this big 'un will see you right.

Paid $89.99 plus tax and shipping: Selling for $50

3 - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard

Nice little motherboard, did the job brilliantly, and has an mSATA port if you're into that kind of thing. Has NOT been flashed to UEFI.

Paid $144.99 plus tax and shipping (!): Selling for $60

4 - XFX Radeon 6870 2GB

A BLOODY nice card, worked like a champ. As mentioned, bought for gaming, but never game, and the onboard HD4000 graphics on the Ivy Bridge are enough for me.

Paid $249.99 plus tax and shipping: Selling for $150

Ooop, just noticed that I don't have any posts here (odd, could have sworn I posted here for a bit) so understand if you're hesitant buying from a complete unknown. I'm more established over on tonymac, and if anyone needs it, can point you to my ebay feedback as well. (100%, 296)