iMessage fix for the 'Contact Apple Support' error

dgsga

9 posts in this topic

I have been driven mad by the recent changes in iMessage registration which have resulted in the dreaded 'Contact Apple Support' error. For those with an Asus Series 6 or 7 Chipset mobo (sandy / ivy bridge) then here is the fix that finally worked for me:

Go here to download the excellent FD44Editor and FTKToolkit (all credit to the developer CodeRush for this great piece of software):

http://hardforum.com...d.php?t=1726429

Please read this page carefully before you proceed so you understand what you are doing. The usual warnings about flashing your bios apply here as always.

Use the dos toolkit to dump a backup of your bios as per instructions on the webpage. Keep a copy of this safe just in case...

Use the FD44Editor to change your System UUID and MAC address of your Intel GbE onboard ethernet

Flash the fixed bios back using instructions on the webpage

Clear CMOS and restore your original bios settings

Use your bootloader of choice (Revoboot/Clover) to provide necessary MLB and ROM keys for iMessage to work, make sure the ROM key matches your new MAC address and that your MLB key matches your 17-byte board serial number injected into your SMBIOS.

Make sure your 16-byte SystemID injected via your bootloader matches the one you modded your bios with

Change the name of your hack in SysPrefs > Sharing

Login to iMessage and fingers crossed.

If any of these steps or if any of the keys are missing login will fail.

Good Luck, I hope you have success with it.

• Like 3

i have this issue too, but already solved.

on asrock z77 ex4 2600k

i have to sign out imessage from real apple devices, for me i have ipad, i signed out from ipad and wait for a view minutes and then signed back in.

after that signed into imessage hackintosh, it worked

i have this issue too, but already solved.

on asrock z77 ex4 2600k

i have to sign out imessage from real apple devices, for me i have ipad, i signed out from ipad and wait for a view minutes and then signed back in.

after that signed into imessage hackintosh, it worked

Yup, something similar worked for me. I logged out from all services, changed password, logged in on the iPad and then on my hack.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool! Keep up the good work, guys! Good to know someone decided to keep the torch alight.

A suggestion for the developers: there's a section in Insanelymac, the Developers Corner, and inside the section is the forum for bootloaders. Would be very cool if one of them opened a topic there, to keep us informed about the development of RevoBoot, and for us to have a channel for asking and giving advice, configuration tips etc. My two cents on the subject.

Best regards.