Toshiba Satellite C875-S7304 not wanting to install 10.7.5 Lion

level70steve

2 posts in this topic

I obtained a copy of Lion that starts off as a Clover bootloader (not Chameleon). I wrote the image to USB and boot from it. Now every time it boots up, it never brings up the Apple logo and everything hangs. It's gotta be possible to get Lion on here, but I'm lost. If the page doesn't expire, I just bought this notebook last week.

http://us.toshiba.co...870/C875-S7304/

My specs are exactly the same as the ones advertised. I look forward to a fast response anytime soon. =/

I solved my own problem obviously! Since I had Intel HD Graphics 4000 built in, I had to go into my installer and take out only the kexts related to that. Then that was when Lion managed to install. Somehow, post-installation, Lion broke Windows 8 so I had to re-install Windows.

For Windows, I pre-installed Chameleon Bootloader so it would appear on my Windows Boot Manager. I took the Chameleon ISO it gave me and replaced it with the very latest! After a few tweaks, I already got the display running nicely at 1600x900. I'll continue working on my other components next chance I get. I might have to dig up more kexts somehow.