flowflowz

Keyboard and mouse don’t work during Mountain Lion installation, i need your knowledge

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Sorry for my bad English.

I need your help to solve this problem:

I can’t move my mouse and my keyboard don’t work on installation screen of Mountain Lion 10.8.2

This is my config :

• Gigabyte P55-UD3L (AHCI and HPET64bits configured bios)

• CPU I5-760

• ATI4830 or NVIDIA GTX450 (I can swich)

• USB mouse

• I have a USB keyboard and a PS2 keyboard (I can swich too)

I have a fully working (sound, Ethernet, video, keyboard and mouse) snow leopard OS on my 500GB western digital hard drive.

I tried to install mountain Lion with ######, with legacy USB option, but I’ve got the grey screen freezed. With –v I cannot see the last line before the Pc (hackintosh) reboot…

So I tried with MyHack. And it worked with ATI4830 without any boot command I can go until this screen http://www.cachem.fr...s-x-10.8-pc.jpg

I cannot move my Mouse and keyboard

Before asking for your help I tried by myself to do this :

• Putting the GTX450 but I have the Grey Freezed screen and as far i can the installation screen with the ATI card I think its not a PCI card problem. The GTX450 is brand new and fully working on windows8.

• I tried with the PS2 keyboard-> nothing changes

• I tried –x -> nothing changes

• PCIRootUID=1 -> nothing changes

• GraphicsEnabler=No -> nothing changes

• Cpus=1 -> nothing changes

• USBBusFIX -> I can’t move my keyboard or mouse

• Turn Off Legacy USB in bios -> The USB KEY cannot boot, nothing happen

• I putted two kext in Extra folder of MyHack USB key hopping that it wil lunch this as drivers but othing more: IOUSBFamily.kext (but as my USB key is recognized it was ok) and VoodooPS2Controller.kext but nothing changes…

• I putted my P55-UD3L DSTD (renamed in DSTD.aml) in this folder and lunched it in the boot command DSTD=/Extra/DSTD.aml -> Grey Screen with the black centered spinning weel during hours…

Do you think buying an APPLE keybord would do something ?

If you have any solution even weird even difficult I will try.

If ti works you will have my eternal gratitude and the feel that you helped a man somewhere on earth.

Florian.

Advertisement

Thank you very much for answering me.

Ok so i will

remove kexts NVIDIA from usb

add the kext files you gave me in the usb

boot with -f -v

I will try and let you know what happen

Florian.

Voodoo Keyboard.zip

for your problem this is Graphics kexts NVDIA, delete all kexts NVDIA from USBInstaller and boot with -f -v , don't use DSDT from other Machine

Ok i did what i have to and the problem is still here :

there is my -v when PS2 keyboard plugged

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/5q368

-v with USB keyboard

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/rdtrr

If you have any other ideas... thank you

this is a problem with graphics kext, delete all graphics kexts, NVDIA, ATI, INTEL, and use keyboard usb, boot with: -f -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 USBBusFix=Yes don't use keyboard PS2

YEAH !!!

i managed to do it ! i used ###### finally, NVIDIA and ATI drivers delted from USB, GraphicsEnabler=No -f with the ATI4830.

Then i had to install ########, kext and NVIDIA drivers to It was hard to Now i have to boot with VGA and plug my second screen in HDMI when i am on the desktop.

So it was not a USB problem but a graphic Problem, very weird since i could reach the installation screen.

Now i dont have sound, but it's an another problem in an another topic !!!

thank you very much for your help and for the time you take to answering me. you were right it was a graphic problem

Peace

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Simon's InsaneMac
      Hi, I'm kind of lost when scrolling to Clover Configurator, so I decided to use an EFI from the web and just configure the most basic stuff. But that sadly didn't work, im always getting the attached screen IMG_0054.HEIC (and I don't know whether all the errors are listed, as I can't scroll). 
      Anyways I thought it'd be better to do a custom setup. Can anyone give me some help with what to choose in the settings? Here's my rig:
      i7 8700k
      Asus z370-G (Rog Strix)
      gtx 1060 6gb
      samsung ssd (SATA)
      WD hard drive

Your help would be much appreciated!
    • By Vyzantion
      I have just re-made the Catalina installer, with the updated OS. It could not install from it, like it could not copy. Then I have tried to reinstall Mojave, it worked pretty cleary last year the exact pen drive. It failed as well, saying something like: not package found, contact the system administrator. I was able to boot from USB pen drive Linux and install Windows from DVD. But no macOS from the pen drive, even from what worked fine before. I have reseted the BIOS several times, no succes. The first sign of something wrong was this: When I first tried to boot Catalina, it said something about BIOS (BIOS, not UEFI) reset and enter setup. I hapenned several times on my attempts. If something screwed in my hardware? The USB ports? The BIOS perhaps?
    • By herminien
      Hello,

(sorry for my english it's not my native langage)

I have a strange issue with my MacBook air (guess it's software, and I used the premium version of Avast to check any viruses). Some of the keyboard lettering doesn't work. I mean not the keyboard keys but really the letters. For example : when i Push the A on an azerty keyboard it doesn't work. But if I switch to Qwerty it's still the A who doesn't work. The keys working perfectly fine.
      If I plug an USB keyboard this one works absolutely fine.

Also, when I click only the alternative click is working. With the trackpad or a bluetooth mouse.

But here is the strangest thing of all :

If I go to accessibility -> keyboard -> and click on enable sticky keys everything works perfectly fine : the click and the keyboard but not for a long time (actually it changes, sometimes it works for hours and some other for minutes)

To be totally exhaustive : When I tried to access my session I needed to type the password. But I needed the "a" which wasn't working (with the USB keyboard and the other). I went to the recovery system. There, the USB keyboard was working fine so I changed the password to use usable characters. But...The password wasn't changed.
      So I used a bootable version of Catalina on a USB drive. The problem with the trackpad and the keyboard remained, but the UBS keyboard was working fine. And, this time the password asked to access the contents of the other users...was the one I changed and not the original one.

I erased the integrated drive, and re-installed the OS. But the issue remains.
      I guess I need to go deeper in the system but i don't know how.

The MacBook has an other issue for a long time. When I close it, it doesn't go on standby. And now, even after going in standby he wakes up 2 minutes after.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

• By Justin S
      I purchased two of these Sipolar 10 port USB 3.0 hubs with the thought I'd be able to plug in 20 iPads to do software restores simultaneously, but I only can get 12 to be recognized at any one time. Both hubs function properly with 10 iPads plugged in to each at once, but as soon as I connect both hubs I get a max of 12 iPads recognized by the OS. We're using Apple Configurator 2 to restore iPads, and I have a separate older/slower 32 port USB 2.0 charge/sync hub that works fine with all devices plugged in.

Hub: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sipolar-new-a-423-10-port_62315150518.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.40.5aa8663dB1drT6

I'm using a 2014 Mac Mini 7,1 running 10.15.3. I've tested the hubs with a few difference Macs and OS's and have had the same issue. From what I can tell these hubs use a RealTek USB chipset, but no drivers are offered by Realtek for them.

I attempted to daisy chain them (not ideal) and still have the same issue. Has anybody run in to a similar issue using identical USB hubs connected to individual ports on a Mac?
    • By fercho3138
      Hi!
      So I've successfully built my rig and installed Mac os
      Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi Intel Core i7 9700k Ballistix Sport 32gb Samsung evo 500gb nv Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse Corsair h60 The thing is that I got it running perfectly, even performed some heavy video renderings with no problem but sometimes it just restarts on its own, sometimes when I'm using Chrome, sometimes when I'm editing or whatever other task. Last time it happened I got the forbidden sign on the screen so I tried to boot up again using the -v flag and I got the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" message, which is very strange because I had no problems in booting up the system after I made my configurations in the config.plist

Please someone give me some help with this problem, I'm completly stucked!!
      config.plist