Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Macboy123

OSX 10.8.2 Post Installation on Clover UEFI Boot

1 post in this topic

Hello,

i spend my last days on building a custom mac with an UEFI only environment of OSX/Win8 64.

The system drive is a ssd having Clover in the EFI partition. I made Windows 8 successfull to also use the Mac ESP as starting point. Having all the neccessary drivers for GA-Z77-DS3H and SandyBrinde Core i52500k with IGP Intel HD 3000 i have a working and stable environment so far.

Even in OSX everything is working except of alc887 - but as i am getting an Nvidia GTX 6xx soon, it isn't prio 0 !

There are just a few things i'd like to improof:

- Audio is not working. I get an HDA Sound Assertion in booting process, i tried with all existing methods.

- When rebooting, my changes made to iOS Style Lauchpad (subfolders, group order) are gone

- sleep is followed by an unwanted system reboot. (system beep after mouse or keyboard action)

- my graphics onboard device is an x112 HD 3000, but Clover EFI boot process reads out an HD2000 64MB and gives

that streight forward to OS-X. (no big deal, as i upgrade with an NVIDIA soon)

- when i change UEFI VGA Shared Mem to e.g. 1024(default 64) OS-X is working on, but Windows 8 boot option just leads to a reset. (Clover?!)

I would appereciate if anyone has some minutes to get me some fresh ideas or suggestions.

System:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Intel Core i5 2500K

16GB Corsair Venegance 1600Mhz

SSD + HDD

Clover UEFI Boot