Kogen Mantis

Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

4,559 posts in this topic

the install order does NOT matter all that much. if you just installed windows natively then i think you end up with the microsoft version of  /EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi but then clover replaces that (BOOTx64.efi is a copy of CLOVERx64.efi). you can also remove that entry from the boot list. or add it specifically.

anyway you can get the MS boot loader from the windows install ...

post-954945-0-72289700-1388684196_thumb.png

my efi folder looks like this:

post-954945-0-66566900-1388684223_thumb.png

I like it this way so that they are independent - clover does a nice job of listing the windows boot option and the rest is pure MS. 

.aml is the compiled assembly file and .dsl files are the decompiled source. the aml files are used at boot.

have fun.

Advertisement

First and foremost happy new year! I hope everyone had a good time. I'm happy to see the progress everyone's made on this so far. I've read through the new posts and it looks like there have been some edits suggested for tluck's dsdt to fix hardware volume buttons. I also generated the ssdt from the script and everything is going well so far. Just a couple questions --- @tluck, does your new pack contain Manwe's dsdt fixes, and do those changes fix the hardware buttons? Also, has anyone been able to fix the logging in to the App Store/iBook Store issues?

@honeywell - 

yes the new pack does contain a new DSDT. it contains manwe150's recent updates etc. so it does fix the built-in speaker loss after sleep problem - meaning it stays working after sleep! Sadly for me, the attempts/fixes to address UEFI problems are not effective but these are included nonetheless. Note: I boot clover from my MBR USB (instead of via UEFI from my HD) and have zero issues -- hw buttons work, no freeze/hangs, sleep/wake good, shutdown good,  volume levels stay in sync, mute works and does not hose the system. now with updated SSDT, its nearly perfect! 

oh.. what is the issue you have with App store?  I am not familiar with that.

My solution of speaker no sound after sleep. (I can only use the Fn key and the power button to activate my W520. )

Method (_L1D, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Lxx: Level-Triggered GPE
        {
            Store (B1B2 (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HWK0, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HWK1), Local0)
            Store (Local0, RRBF)
            Sleep (0x0A)
            If (And (Local0, 0x02)) {}
            If (And (Local0, 0x04))
            {
                Notify (\_SB.LID, 0x02)
                Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)  // Add this line
            }
            If (And (Local0, 0x08))
            {
                Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x02)
            }
            If (And (Local0, 0x10))
            {
                Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x02)
            }
            If (And (Local0, 0x40)) {}
            If (And (Local0, 0x80))
            {
                Notify (\_SB.SLPB, 0x02)
            }
        }

Edited by zhangqq

@zhangqq - thanks for sharing your method - you may want to look at the dsdt in the zip which fixes the speaker (and other stuff) by _WAK fixes.

mavericks does not seem to supply the right sleep state via arg0 in _WAK - but we can provide it by getting it from what was set in _PTS and make sure sure arg0 is properly set in _WAK.

Hey guys. So tluck's new pack is working great, but two things still don't work for me: sleep and mute. When I try to put my system to sleep, the screen goes blank and power button light flashes rapidly but the system never sleeps (and therefore is unable to wake). The other thing is mute - whenever I hit the mute button, my system freezes and I have to do a hard reset. Have there been any fixes for these yet? 

@honeywell - Yup these are some of the UEFI issues that have plagued us all along. Booting from an MBR formatted USB stick has been rock-solid for me over the last few months.  Note: I will update the kext pack shortly with Rehabman's recent updates.

Hey guys,

Still having bad luck to install Clover on MBR. Using 10.8 with chameleon now.

Can someone give a clue where I might be wrong.

#1. I create two partition in USB drive with MBR partition table. 1 - 200MB msdos, 2 - what's remaining for the image.

#2. I download Clover_v2k_r2428 and install it to the 200MB partition changing only a single thing - "Install boot0af in MBR"

#3. I copy EFI directory from tluck's provided ZIP and overwrite everything inside the 200mb partition.

#4  I "install" os x using this command to the bigger partition: sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app —nointeraction

#5 I get "b1f init error". I managed to to clover once (randomly playing but can recreate this build). Even when I got there Mac OS installer wouldn't boot throwing plenty of errors this SMCreaderror.

Anyone can shed a light where I'm wrong.

Thanks!!

i have not done an MBR based installer using the "mavericks method". but you may need to install clover after you create the USB content on the partition so it does not wipe out boot loader stuff clover puts there.

Hi,

I'm trying to install this on W520. I have a few beginner questions:

1. What should I use for the 1920x1080 panel?

2. Should I use UEFI or MBR? Which one is more reliable? I have a separate hard drive for OS X, so I don't need to dual-boot Win 7, I can just select from BIOS / F12.

@zsero -

if you take 1366x768 configuration - these do not have the custom EDID for 1600x900 - these might be best for your panel.  you will need to change/set DualLink=1 

i would start with UEFI  - i.e. create a GPT disk and install clover in the ESP. if you do have issues, the USB using MBR may be a workaround for the T520 too. 

clover does a nice job handling multiple boot environments whether on the same disk or separate.

just my opinions!

@tluck

last pack is composed with manual kext  _install_SLE.bash script?

i saw ssdtPRGen-clover.command

but where is manual kext  _install_SLE.bash script?

in fact i don't understand manual and script (auto)?  :blush:

:)

whoops look i renamed the script to _kext-install-SLE.bash

it is in the kext/10.9 folder. 

you run like this:

cd ~/Downloads/T420/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 

./_kexts-install-SLE.bash

the script is simple -  looks for all the kexts in current folder and moves anything out of /S/L/E to /Extra/SLE-orig and then copies the kext to /S/L/E.

the idea is/was to aid in putting the files in the right folders in /System/Library/Extensions - especially the Bluetooth and eternet which are Plugins. 

The Kext Utility.app is good at installing the full kext such as FakeSMC or VoodooPS2...  or installing other misc 3rd party or upgrade kexts etc.

whoops look i renamed the script to _kext-install-SLE.bash

it is in the kext/10.9 folder.

the idea is/was to aid in putting the files in the right folders in /System/Library/Extensions - especially the Bluetooth and eternet which are Plugins. 

The Kext Utility.app is good at installing the full kext such as FakeSMC or VoodooPS2...  or installing other misc 3rd party or upgrade kexts etc.

Oups i did not pay attention for this

i only update 10.8.x HD not 10.9.x

great

for Bluetooth and eternet plugs I used to use a symbolic link

Your solution is better cos it takes permissions :)

thanks for this great extra ;)

Hello

So, I decided to give 10.9 / UEFI a go on my Thinkpad.  It's an x220 (i5-2520M @ 2.5GHz).  Thanks to this thread in general, and to tluck's exceptionally helpful guide, I've got as far as a working 10.9 install using clover and the "generic" config.plist.  Everything (that's expected to) appears to work.  So far, so good.

However, going the "step further" to booting off the hard disk isn't going anywhere.  I've installed the latest Clover (r2482) and figured I'd give it a shot with tluck's T420 set.

Now, my x220 has a 1366x768 screen, so I renamed OEM/ProductID.1366x768 to OEM/4290CE3, slapped the various kexts into S/L/E using _kext-install-SLE.bash, created and installed my custom ssdt, synced, pulled the USB sticks, rebooted, and prayed.

Startup got as far as the Apple logo with spinning indicator, but crashed / hung with a black screen at the point windowserver was trying to come up.  Booting with -v got me no further, it was crashing / hanging at the point it stopped showing me anything.  Rebooting with the install stic's Clover was fine, nothing particularly useful in /var/log *except* a pile of cryptic WindowServer crashlogs.

So.  Figured it was either an extension or something in config.plist (dsdt.aml is identical between the "stock" and "OEM" setups, and I'd tried without my ssdt.aml).  Eventually, it was to do with the "Graphics" section in config.plist.

"Generic" config.plist

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DualLink</key>
		<string>0</string>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

from config.plist for the biggerer, betterer screen (OEM/ProductID.1600x900/config.plist)

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Comment</key>
		<string>LCD 1600x900</string>
		<key>CustomEDID</key>
		<data>
		AP///////wAw5OICAAAAAAEUAQOAHxF46jOFmVZVkScXUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB
		AQEBAQEBAQEBgCVAgGCEGjAwIDUANq4QAAAYQB9AgGCEGjAwIDUANq4QAAAY
		AAAA/gBMZW5vdm8KICAgICAgAAAA/gAxNjAweDkwMAogICAgAMc=
		</data>
		<key>DualLink</key>
		<string>1</string>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

And finally, from OEM/ProductID.1366x768/config.plist

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Comment</key>
		<string>LCD 1366x768</string>
		<key>CustomEDID</key>
		<data>
		</data>
		<key>DualLink</key>
		<string>0</string>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

Oh dear.  We appear to be trying to inject a null EDID.  Removing the CustomEDID and InjectEDID entries gets me booting.

I'm not sure if this is a complete fix.  I had troubles copying / merging the S/L/Displays/Overrides stuff when I was trying a 10.8 install, (and, in fact, haven't done it at all on this install) so I might be missing something obvious.  But a null EDID screams "trouble" to me.  Any idea how I'd go about generating a "proper" one?

Simon

Strictly speaking, you shouldn't need one. I've never had issues with my monitor returning the wrong or invalid EDID, so I never needed to inject a patched one.

Never use a DSDT from a system that doesn't match your hardware (this thread is for any T420). You'll need to build your own (or find one for x220) from the list of DSDT patches (I made a thread for T420 a while back which you can try working from). You can get fairly close by using a dsdt from a similar system, but the random failure cases are unpredictable and generally fatal.

@tufty

- sorry about the bogus entries in the low-res config.plist. i have fixed that and reposted the bundle

The Display overrides  I include, match a few known T420 monitor devices. especially the T420 1600x900 LCD that has a real EDID override as the built-in EDID not valid). As Manewe150 says, you may not need to replace your EDID unless you have problems. 

Certainly, you can take the Display files and change the Vendor/product IDs to match your LCD if you like. - just remove the EDID inside.

@T420 Users

I was waiting to post a new bundle as soon as 10.9.2 is out, but i have updated the bundle now with some kext and Clover updates....

Clover UEFI on T420 Guide

20-Jan-2014

• updated to Clover b2482
  • cleaned up config.plist for low-res monitor
  • updated RehabMan's kexts - FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, ACPIBatteryManager

hello and happy new year to all ,

@tufty i have the same laptop with 1366x768 screen (not ips), you can try or view inside my dsdt which has my EDID

here i upload my dsdt and ssdt look at them and see my previous posts generally for this laptop, i use clover with bios mbr not uefi and works good.

has a lot of info too

@tufty i have the same laptop with 1366x768 screen (not ips), you can try or view inside my dsdt which has my EDID

here i upload my dsdt and ssdt look at them and see my previous posts generally for this laptop, i use clover with bios mbr not uefi and works good.

Thanks

Do you happen to know what patches you applied to your DSDT?

Simon

i dont remember all the edits but i have the latest bios see thinkpads forum link last post... the best way is to update bios to this version then take your vanilla dsdt from windows and text compare it with mine , you'll see all the edits, a summary is irq edits for RTC , HPET etc.. battery edits for Rehabman kexts , IGPU edits for hd 3000 agpm power management with EDID , and all fixes compared to tluck dsdt , i think its the best dsdt for x220 :) you can find and all works ok , try with chameleon too cause in general i found that it works a little better with this particular laptop ( in general if you search you can find all the info you need for x220 hackintosh in all those threads (i posted a lot of experimental posts too) , you need time to read and understand what does what and to know what you are doing )

i dont remember all the edits but i have the latest bios see thinkpads forum link last post... the best way is to update bios to this version then take your vanilla dsdt from windows and text compare it with mine , you'll see all the edits, a summary is irq edits for RTC , HPET etc.. battery edits for Rehabman kexts , IGPU edits for hd 3000 agpm power management with EDID , and all fixes compared to tluck dsdt , i think its the best dsdt for x220 :) you can find and all works ok , try with chameleon too cause in general i found that it works a little better with this particular laptop ( in general if you search you can find all the info you need for x220 hackintosh in all those threads (i posted a lot of experimental posts too) , you need time to read and understand what does what and to know what you are doing )

Windows?  Ain't no steenkin' Windows here :)  ... which is causing me a slight headache, actually; I'm going to need to de-whitelist my BIOS and the only patched version of 1.39 I can find (*ahem* yours *ahem*) requires Windows to update.

Your dsdt works impeccably on my machine, though.  Cheers

Simon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Angelo_
      Hi, I followed the rehabman guide (linked in the vanilla guide on the side of r/Hackintosh, not sure if I can link it) for laptops for my yoga 730ILW13 with an 8265u, Conexant 11870, 8gb of ram, 13.3" fhd and I found that upon booting the installer usb I get this weird issue where the screen displays what it should but the screen is incredibly dim (though it was off before using a flashlight on it) and it flashes every few seconds for a few milliseconds to the correct brightness, I used the plist for hd615-650 (including my 620), not quite sure what could be the culprit, first time hackintoshing a laptop so it might be a stupid brightness kext I forgot but didn't find any in that post or in this forum :c 
      Attached the clover zip so that anyone with more experience than me might give an idea in what could be a way to fix this.
      Thank you in advance 

CLOVER.zip
    • By rtke333
      Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G - Mojave 10.14.4

(Note: mine is 55TU version, but the bootpack will work fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)
      Specifications:
      - Motherboard: USOPP_SLS (Skylake-H PCH)
      - BIOS:Insyde Corp. v 1.15
      - CPU:Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz (Skylake)
      - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GB (Optimus) & Intel HD Graphics 530
      - RAM:SK hynix 4 GB DDR4 (Later I bought + KINGSTON 4 GB) 2133 MHz
      - WiFi + Bluetooth:Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A 5 GHz (Later -> Broadcom BRCM94352Z M.2 5 GHz WiFi + 4.0 Bluetooth)
      - Audio:Realtek HD Audio: ALC 255 
      - Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168/8111
      - Card Reader:Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader (USB2.0-CRW)
      - Webcam:HD Webcam
      - HDD:TOSHIBA MQ01ACF032 320 GB HDD
      - SSD:SPCC M.2 230 GB SSD
      - Display:1366x768 (15.6", Matte)
      - Battery: 6 cell 56Wh / 5040mAh
      - Connectors: 
      1x SD Card Reader 2x USB 3.0 (1x USB Charging), 1x USB 2.0 1x VGA 1x HDMI 1x 3.5mm microphone/audio combined jack connector 1x Ethernet (Rj-45) - Keyboard & Touchpad:Multi-Touch & Multi-gestures ELAN 501 Touchpad, Backlight Keyboard.
      Working:  
      - Wi-Fi (with BCM94352Z)
      - Bluetooth hand-off (With BCM94352Z)
      -Full Graphics enabled on HD 530: ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 (HD 530 Mobile)
      - Display: if default colour profile is corrupted (blue is not actual blue but purplish) Use "Rec. ITU-R BT. 709-5" Color Profile (System Pref. -> Displays -> Color)
      -HDMI & VGA Outputs: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext Clover patch
      - Audio (ALC 255):(Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack with AppleALC, ALCPlugFix -> layout-id=17)
      - Ethernet Realtek 8168/8111: RealtekRTL8111.kext
      - App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud(native)
      - Integrated webcam(native)
      - 3.0 USB (native)
      - Touchpad and Keyboard(ELAN501): Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn-> To fix this try Karabiner (VoodoPS2Controller.kext), - for gestures try SmartTouchpad drivers
      - Battery info:Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with Kext Utility or other installer.
      - Sleep Mode
      - SSD with TRIM enabled (to enable trim, open Terminal and write "sudo trimforce enable")
      Not working:
      - Original Wi-Fi (Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A):  unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle.
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M: Optimus not supported.
      - Card Reader: Unsupported -> Can't really fix because I don't have any SD Card at the moment, maybe can be fixed by adding Prod & Ven IDs to AppleStorageDevices.kext, I never used it anyway. name: "USB2.0-CRW" Prod ID: "0x0129" Ven ID: "0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)"
      For Wi-Fi:
      - 1st method:You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used TP-Link Archer T1U (5GHz support), TP-Link has official macOS drivers, you just need to install it
      -2nd and I think the best method:Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Zcard (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kexts (enabled with BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, they're all in my attached zip). You could buy this card from ebay, aliexpress, or amazon

Issues:
      - None
      BIOS Settings:
      - BIOS version 1.15 (irrelevant)
      - Secure Boot: Disabled
      - Touchpad: Advanced
      - Boot mode:UEFI
      Getting ready for Installation:
      - Download the install zip (bootpack & postinstall): Click here -> acer_aspire_v591g_installfiles.zip
      Installation:
      - Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager)
      - Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder
      - Boot with the Installer USB
      - If you stuck in boot, reboot and in the Clover bootloader select "config_debug.cfg" -> you'll have more informations about the freeze

Please open the README.rtf in my install zip for more informations about the USB Installer & Post installation!
      If you have a single RAM and getting panic at boot, then you need to edit the "config.plist" with these (SMBIOS->after "Version 1.0"):
      ->Edit "Frequency" and "Size" to match your RAM values
      <key>Version</key> <string>1.0</string> <key>Memory</key> <dict> <key>Channels</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>SlotCount</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Modules</key> <array> <dict> <key>Slot</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Size</key> <integer>8192</integer> <key>Frequency</key> <integer>2133</integer> <key>Type</key> <string>DDR4</string> </dict> </array> </dict> </dict>  
      PowerManagement  fix:
      Set HWPEnable=YES in Clover (already set), CPUFloor to "700", Frequency to "2300" and "3200"(Normal and Turbo, if you have i7-6700HQ version then it should be "2600", "3500") and "FrequencyVectors" from "0x0d000000" to "0x07000000" in "S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C.plist", MSR _xcpm_idle Patch to KernelToPatch in Clover (If you have High Sierra, change "MatchOS" to 10.13):

<key>KernelToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> ILniAAAADzA= </data> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> ILniAAAAkJA= </data> </dict> </array> Reboot, and it's 800MHz in idle state, same on Windows.

Before updating to a new version of Mojave please update kexts (and clover if necessary) to newer versions to avoid kernel panics.
      Generate a serial number with Clover Configurator.app (open up your config.plist with CC then -> SMBIOS -> Serial Number -> Generate New)
      Mojave & Windows 10 Dual-Boot:
      Dual-boot clean install (on one drive), UEFI Only:

Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac),   Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,  Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install.   Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       5.  You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive), UEFI Only:
      If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
      I created a video from this restore method: [Hackintosh] Dual-Boot High Sierra & Windows - when Windows already installed - no data waste - UEFI
      You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (link is in my video's description).
      (You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
       Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.  Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.  Restore from image: select your full system restore image.  When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.  When you successfully booted to Mac desktop, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), open EFI, you will see there is a Microsoft folder already (don't touch that!). Copy my CLOVER folder to the EFI folder then Restart.  Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       7.  You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
      (Only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:
      - Make sure you have partitions in GPT
      - Windows using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. Don't worry, just ignore the errors.

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      - Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)

IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found):
      - It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem)
      - You also could "mount" the EFI from Windows:
      1st method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      diskpart
      list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4)
      sel vol 4
      list part(Select System type partition, for example 2)
      sel part 2
      assign letter=b(This will "mount" your EFI partition)
      Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI
      remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI)
      2nd method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI)
      Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI
      mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)
      Thanks to all OSXLatitude members for helping me out! (Jake Lo, Hervé, Bronxteck, black.dragon74)!
      Notes:
      2019.03.30: Fixed USB 3.0 ports, fixed Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> updated bootpack
      2019.03.28: Updated to 10.14.4. Unexpected crashes while updating to 10.14.4 -> fixed by updating Clover to the latest (v4910) version. Bluetooth crashes appeared -> fixed by downgraded Brcm*.kexts. Updated bootpack.
      2019.02.24: Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> fixed, updated bootpack. 
      2019.02.22: Updated to 10.14.3. Fixed HDMI Audio by installing "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext" -> fixed freezing during boot. Fixed brightness levels by installing "AppleBacklightFixup.kext". Also updated bootpack & postinstall zip down in attachments.
      2019.01.21: Removed FakeSMC.kext, SMCHelper-64.efi, replaced by VirtualSMC.kext, VirtualSMC.efi because I got random freezes when booting system (kextd stall[0], (120s): 'AppleACPICPU' -> CPU is at 100%, fans are spinning fast), also updated bootpack in the attachments "acer_aspire_v591g-55tu_clover.zip"-> Freeze continued, brought back FakeSMC, deleted VirtualSMC (caused BT crashes).
      2019.01.18: HDMI Audio is fixed, I didn't do anything HDMI Audio is not fixed, sometimes it worked but most likely not. (no idea why)
      2018.12.09: Updated to 10.14.2 -> did without any complication
      2018.11.28: Fixed combo-jack garbage sound output by installing ALCPlugFix and CodecCommander.kext
      2018.11.01: Updated to 10.14.1 -> HDMI & VGA ports are gone again. -> Fixed by "AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext" rollback from 10.14.
      2018.09.28: Updated to Mojave 10.14 -> Fixed HDMI & VGA Outputs by adding "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" patches to config.plist, HDMI audio not working
    • By ciriousjoker
      TLDR:
      I'm trying to boot MacOS on a Chromebook without UEFI. I'm stuck at getting the bootloader (Chameleon/Clover) to work.  
      My setup / context:
      I have an Acer Chromebook Spin 13.
      Available ports:
      2 x USB-C 1 x USB-A 3.0 MicroSD Slot No USB A 2.0 (I've read that Clover has problems with USB 3.0) Firmware:
      There's no UEFI firmware available and by default, it doesn't even allow booting anything other than ChromeOS. Thanks to MrChromebox (big shoutouts!), I flashed a custom legacy bios that allows me to boot anything linux related. This bios is flashed into the RW_LEGACY section of the existing bootloader (coreboot afaik) and doesn't have any configuration options. If I have to change a setting, I could try compiling his bios payload myself with the specific setting enabled.  
      What I've tried so far:
      Chameleon attempts:
      Only selected setting was "Install chameleon on the chosen path", rest was unselected.

1 - Install chameleon first without restoring the basesystem:
      Output:
      > boot0: GPT
      > boot0: done
      (hangs; pressing power button once shuts down
      Chameleon installation log is attached as "Chameleon_Installer_Log_BEFORE".

2 - Install Chameleon after restoring the base system:
      Output:
      > boot0: doneboot1: /boot       <- Exactly like that, no line break in between
      (hangs; pressing power button once shuts down)

I haven't been able to reproduce #2 after wiping the drive and doing the same thing again. Subsequent attempts have resulted in either #1 of either Chameleon or Clover.
      Chameleon installation log is attached as "Chameleon_Installer_Log_AFTER".

Clover attempts:
      I tried multiple settings and configurations, but all of them boiled down to either one of these.

1 - Doesn't do anything, just hangs at "Booting from usb..."
      2 - Boots into the blue/grey mode as shown in the attached images.
      According to MrChromebox, this could be an old Tianocore DUET It doesn't detect anything (cpu frequency, ram, partitions or disks)  
      I've read pretty much every article, github readme and other types of documentation for coreboot, tianocore, clover, chameleon and MrChromebox' rw_legacy payloads and right now, I'm totally clueless as to what to try next...

A few questions that came up:
      Why does chameleon hang? What is it looking for, /boot was clearly written to the disk by the Chameleon installer? What exactly is the blue/grey image? According to MrChromebox, it could be Tianocore DUET Where does it come from? Clover? The mainboard itself? Why does the blue/grey thing not detect my processor frequency or any partitions/drives? Can I use some sort of DUET bootloader to chainload Clover?  
      If you guys could answer any of them or if you have any other guesses or information as to what's happening, I'd be really happy!
      Chameleon_Installer_Log_BEFORE.txt
      Chameleon_Installer_Log_AFTER.txt

• By tluck
      Lenovo T460 macOS with Clover Guide
      Latest Release on GitHub (April 2019) Updated to Clover r4918 Updated Lilu kexts - ALC, WEG Merged Verleihnix' config.plist - especially to NOT inject GFX Updated BacklightInjector as option to WEG.
        Various Tweaks over Last months The zip file is a complete Clover ESP (/EFI) bundle and kext pack for the Lenovo T460. The current file bundle is tested on Sierra. 
      Note: I never got the GFX fully working on El Capitan. 
      Full Clover file set - config.plist etc. Includes all custom kexts Includes custom DSDT/SSDT scripts and patches Utility scripts The zip bundles are posted to GitHub: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases
      Caveat: The T460 systems used here was configured with: i5-6300U, Intel HD Graphics 520, 1920x1080 touch screen. If you have a different system model, then extract the ACPI files and use the included scripts to create a set of files consistent with your system type and BIOS version. See below for details.
      Credits: RehabMan, Shmilee, vusun123, TimeWalker, Mieze from which, much of their work and help is/was was used to get the T460 to this point.
      Devices and aspects working:
      Ethernet -  Intel I219LM is enabled via IntelMausiEthernext.kext WiFi/BT - substitute the Intel WiFi/BT with a compatible Broadcom or Atheros chip Audio - ALC293 codec implemented via AppleALC.kext (old AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander kexts are not needed) PS2 - ClickPad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - using a modified VoodooPS2Controller to support new layouts - and added some custom Fn key maps based on 440/450 dsdt USB - implemented via custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext. All USB3/USB2 ports are intel-based and work -  3 external USB and internal Camera, BT, etc  Sleep/Wake - the sleepwatcher package and custom sleep/wake scripts are used to help with sleep/wake for BT and PS2 devices. Note: have not tried to implement the SD card reader - no driver found.
      ACPI Files
      New Installation - Steps and Details
      Part 1 - OS Installation
      Part 2- Post OS Installation and Setup
      Notes on Custom Kexts

• By outdoormagic
      Short Version:
      I have two drives with the exact same EFI folder (and I can boot into Clover from either one), shouldn't I be able to boot into MacOS from either one?

More Detail:
      I've done a few hacks so far and this never happened. (Gigabyte z370 / 8700k / Vega, Asus z390 / i5-9600k / 1080). Now, I'm setting up a ThinkPad X1 Gen 6. (Yes, I do expect problems on laptops, but that's not the question).

Mojave 10.14.4 now boots from the internal SSD. So far, so good. Here's the problem.

I installed Mojave on a USB drive (for backup / rescue) and copied the entire EFI partition of my boot drive to the EFI partition on the USB drive. So... I should be able to boot from the USB drive, right? Wrong. Ran Clover installer on the USB itself. Same outcome.

With F12, I can boot from the USB into Clover and select the OS on the USB. The boot sequence hangs on End Random Seed, but before the usual '++++++++' line.
      So, boot into Clover on internal boot drive, then select OS on USB. Same thing.

Read the forums, I saw the posts about AptioMemoryFix, so I tried the various other drivers on the USB. No go.

I haven't found the solution yet to the USB boot issue, but what puzzles me is that if I have two drives with the exact same EFI folder (and I can boot into Clover from either one), shouldn't I be able to boot into MacOS from either one?