Kogen Mantis

Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

4,162 posts in this topic

hi, i'm been following this thread since the star, but never reply so hi to all. i'm having lots of troubles installing. i try 10.8 using clover but i have a quadrant display problem so i try 10.9, i was succefully installing 10.9 using chameleon bootloader(it was imposible to boot with clover) but now i'm stuck, the post install wont boot it gives me a fail loading drivers CPUID kernel panic so a bit of help would be much apreciated. oh i also copy all clover boot files from the clover bootable ISO (including clover replace patch from #486) from a linux distro to the EFI partition in the HDD so i think that is the same to actually install clover, or not? i'm a bit lost with the ketx maybe i did all wrong. specs: t420 4236NUS i5 2.9 8GB RAM/HD300/SSD 512GB

Advertisement

Hi!

Don't know if my question is offtopic here, but I'm a bit frustrated.

I want to update to Mavericks from 10.8.3. If I start the installer and choose my OS_X hard disk partition, the installer tells me, my partition is not guid. So I have to cancel.

To change the partition to guid isn't easy, because on this hard disk is also my Win-Partition and the Recovery from Lenovo. I mustn't loose them...

Is there an Option to Update with the normal Update and changing the Kexts?

So I tried to make a bootable USB-Stick like the first time installing ML. But every Guide and every Tool (myHack, DiskMaker X) I use ends with the same Problem: I can't boot from the Stick. I choose it by the Lenovo-Bootmanager (F11 while starting) - the monitor change to black and returns to the Boot-menu.

If I want to use my Chameleon-Boot-Loader, the USB-Stick is not shown.

Changed the USB-Stick. No Effect...

So I think I make a 'Master-Mistake' by preparing the USB. Here's my doing:

- Partitioning the USB-Stick to a new Patition 'MAC OS extended' - Option 'GUID'

- starting DiskMaker X ... waiting

- restarting - no USB-Stick will be found.

My config: T420, 3 Partitions (Recover, Win7, OSX), Chameleon Bootloader

Is there help for me? Another Guide which explains for super-idiots?! ;-)

Or do have I to use in future Win95? ;-)

Thanks in advance!!

Greetings, Synymy

@amar0 - i just repackaged the zip in #486 that may make it easier for you to make a 10.9 installer. the top level DSDT is a bit more generic so it will work with either low or high resolution LCD. 

@Snynymy - i have switched to GUID in general. if you have a 2nd disk - install to GUID disk and then use Carbon Copy to move it to your MBR disk. thats how i used to do it! 

or here is a link that may be of interest to you. Mavericks MBR patch 10.9 GM (13A603)

Thanks to Kogen Mantis, Tluck et al. I now have a fully functional 10.8.5 install. No bluetooth but replaced the wifi card. I have never been happier. Thanks

bluetooth should be fixable by either replacing or editing: BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext (v4.1.7 with patched Info.plist from 10.8.5) - adds ProductID 8575 to make BT work! Put/replace one in /S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

For me I didn't have built-in bluetooth, but buying and installing this USB adapter fixed my wifi with no drivers needed at all:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, wifi works perfectly but needs some software with this adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003X26PMO/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i05?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that my hackintosh is working perfectly I am of course teetering on the edge of futzing with it some more. Wanted to see if anyone else had any experience using one of the UltraBay hard drive adapters?

I was curious about installing the original HDD back in the ultrabay (I am using a 128gb SSD as my main drive) and doing a Windows Install as an alternative.

Also for dual boot any method I should use in particular? In the past I always did boot camp and then installed Parallels configured to my boot camp partition because this gave me the best flexibility with both dual booting and virtualization.

Any general tips?

@tluck thank you, i tried again but i'm still not able for boot i keep having this problem "AppleACPIlataformExpert::start failed" and a kernel panic. i'm really frustated i try almost every solution posted in this thread unsuccefully. what it could be?

@amar0 - well can you explain what step you are at and what you did so far.

does the installer work without "quadrants"?

is this KP from the installer or after the install?

did you replace the EFI contents with the zip stuff?

which config.plist and dsdt are you using?

did you rename the OEM folder or are using the top level config.plist?

did you rename OEM folder?

did you copy the kexts to your HD?

did you turn off VT-d Virtualization?

what bios version are on?

Good find, @tluck

descriptor 1:    bc 1b 56 84 50 00 16 30 30 20 14 00 35 ae 10 00 00 1a

mine actually was proper already, but i've spent like good couple of month adjusting frequencies in SwitchResX back in the day before I ended up with an EDID that wouldn't glitch the screen.

@tluck

great news :)

tested under 10.8.5, 10.9 under 1366x768 and upper ;)

with success

i did not have much problem in the past with my EDID but this improuvment is welcome to get rid of this problem

Thanks again

@amar0 - well can you explain what step you are at and what you did so far.

does the installer work without "quadrants"?

is this KP from the installer or after the install?

did you replace the EFI contents with the zip stuff?

which config.plist and dsdt are you using?

did you rename the OEM folder or are using the top level config.plist?

did you rename OEM folder?

did you copy the kexts to your HD?

did you turn off VT-d Virtualization?

what bios version are on?

thank you again @tluck !!

Ok i re-install from scratch

i made a chamelleon USB installer for 10.9, install was perfect no display problems and it finish all right.

after that i install clover in a USB, apply the patch from #486 (the one uploaded today)and when i try to boot from USB nothing happens it doesn't boot, so i "install"(copy all the files to the EFI Folder)  clover to the EFI partition using a linux distro, after that i was able to enter main screen of clover. When  i select boot the OSX on OSX  i get this (picture attached), so i'm a bit of stuck i can't figure out what is wrong. so resuming your questions:

installer quadrant=no

KP= after install

EFI from zip=yes

Config.plist= i change the name in OEM folder (low screen 1333xetc..) for match my model  (4236NUS i5 1366x768)

Rename OEM folder= yes

kext= i can't copy the kext to HD because i can boot OSX, and from the linux distro i can write to HFS+ Journaled so, dont :/

VT-d= Off

Bios=1.4

PS: i dont know about dsdt, i just use the clover and your patch, i'm i missing something?

DSC_1478.jpg

PMPatch of Powermanagement.kext is actually not well working on Mavericks. It seems to me, that this is a common problem for devices without pmpatched bios.

If you can not get a pmpatched bios for your lappy or patch it by yourself, you can boot from your usb installer and try to copy for now nullcpupowermangement.kext with terminal to S/L/E of your installed hd partiton. Don´t forget to repair permissions. Afterwards boot with flags -f v.

Have fun.

@anarch99 - you will get ethernet if you installed the AppleIntelE1000e kext ... but wifi AFAIK is only works with modded bios and then you replace the intel wifi with the mini express card. the  bottom slots will not work for wifi. for wifi, i use a USB wifi.

The WWAN slot is also capable of hosting wifi cards. I did this briefly, for kicks, with a card from an old hackintosh. However, there isn't a way to connect a wifi antenna, so the signal strength will probably be much weaker. You need to install the bios mod regardless of where you install it (this is very easy, mostly safe, and probably covered by your warranty if you manage to mess up). New wifi cards can be found for less than $15 with shipping. I've heard there are USB wifi cards in the mini-pcie form-factor -- these could be used without the bios patch. Personally, I like my native wifi support (it supports AirDrop and gets much better speeds and signal coverage then the AirLink that I originally purchased).

Finally, the folder I am supposed to rename is "4236Y33" correct? The question is, how do I know what to rename it properly? Where do I find the appropriate string?

The string is on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

Now that my hackintosh is working perfectly I am of course teetering on the edge of futzing with it some more. Wanted to see if anyone else had any experience using one of the UltraBay hard drive adapters?

I was curious about installing the original HDD back in the ultrabay (I am using a 128gb SSD as my main drive) and doing a Windows Install as an alternative.

Also for dual boot any method I should use in particular? In the past I always did boot camp and then installed Parallels configured to my boot camp partition because this gave me the best flexibility with both dual booting and virtualization.

Any general tips?

I do this. It works great. I'm thinking of buying an SSD as a third drive (in the WWAN slot) and making it my system partition. The boot camp wizard obviously doesn't work, but you can install windows the normal way. I turn off UEFI in bios before installing windows to ensure it uses MBR, so that it works with VMware. However, the virtualization environments are starting to support EFI, so your milage may vary.

@amar0 - i just repackaged the zip in #486 that may make it easier for you to make a 10.9 installer. the top level DSDT is a bit more generic so it will work with either low or high resolution LCD. 

@Snynymy - i have switched to GUID in general. if you have a 2nd disk - install to GUID disk and then use Carbon Copy to move it to your MBR disk. thats how i used to do it! 

or here is a link that may be of interest to you. Mavericks MBR patch 10.9 GM (13A603)

Just reposted the zip file here: Clover UEFI on T420 Guide - revised the instructions a bit - hopefully it will make sense for first timers.

- Tetonne reminded me to actually include  HFSPlus-64.efi !!!

@tluck...i cant download...always disconnect, pls re upload on other site. Thanks you tluck :)

@T430(i) users

There is a new UEFI for T430, T430i that might address some issues:

From the 2.57 readme:

<2.57>
 UEFI: 2.57 / ECP: 1.12
- (Fix) Fix an issue where the system fail to boot from from USB device by 
        configuration.
- (Fix) Fix an issue where WMI interface has incorrect message.
- (Fix) Fix an issue where the mouse pointer was moved when the LCD panel was
        closed.
- (Fix) Fix an issue where the system could not resume from sleep state.

I never encountered the USB issue. It might be under W8 when you use the advanced menu to restart from a specific device. I did encounter the WMI error in W7 and W8. Event viewer would pop a WMI warning every few minutes. Harmless, but annoying. I'm wondering if it would manifest in OS X as an SMC error. Like the one's we've seen when installing or booting. The mouse pointer thing was really annoying. When you have the laptop docked with the lid closed, if you'd set your coffee over where the touchpad or trackpoint is, you would sometimes get a mouse click or the pointer moving. Got a lot of complaint about this one. The interesting one is this sleep fix. I'm hoping it doesn't break anything else. But more importantly, how does it affect/improve our sleep issues in OS X?

A word of caution:

if you've already updated past UEFI v2.50, you cannot rollback to earlier than v2.50. And with this new update, 2.57, if you update to it, you won't be able to rollback at all.

I know some of us are still on a really old UEFI because it's the only one that it whitelist patched, but I did read somewhere that the modern UEFI's from Lenovo can be patched, but it has to be performed on your own dump. Something about signatures or serials, or somewhere else that claimed new Lenovo UEFI updates are only partial/incremental/incomplete UEFI's. I don't understand it at all, but I get the feeling you can't use someone else's patched UEFI past a certain version. If someone has any information to share on whitelist patching modern Lenovo UEFI's, I'd really appreciate it.

I also have VT-d enabled in UEFI v2.53 (I think, need to check version) and have no problems installing or booting.

g1uj25uc.txt

@amar0

- you are getting close. but it seems you have not followed my guide closely. it seems you got OSX installed on the HD but the reason you can't boot is there are no custom kexts (FakeSMC etc) used during the boot from the HD.

to fix this. boot from the USB you installed from. then follow the instructions to install Clover in the ESP of the HD. Don't rename OEM until you can boot from the top level and get all the kexts on the HD /S/L/E from /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 - pay attention to where each of these need to go.

to make a Clover USB - 

if it is MBR formatted, will be a single partition typically. Use the clover installer to install the boot loader in the MBR with non UEFI options

if it is GUID formatted, this will have 2 partition typically. ESP is 1st hidden one. use the clover installer to install stuff in ESP

in either case - 

replace /EFI/CLOVER with the zip contents - don't match OEM to your product YET!!!

@Manwe150

- thanks for info around modded Bios and wifi. which min-pci-express card to you use/recommend. i think i saw a link to mod-bios 1.46. currently i use USB (can get around 144 mbps r/w)

yeah windows can be a bit tricky. my main HD is dual boot OSX/Win7 - both are UEFI. clover is really good at manage this - /EFI/Clover vs /EFI/microsoft. but both are present in Clover GUI. native boot for either one on 1st disk. (i rarely use this windows instance anymore!)

SO i took a different approach for VM, i use Fusion 5 and i prefer to keep my VMs on a 2nd disk MBR formatted.  my VMDKs (C and D drives etc) use physical disks, so i can read these from the VM or when I native boot windows. 

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk1 1 "Disk1" ide

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk1 2 "Disk2" ide

@styrian - what is this pmpatch issue all about? not sure i understand the problem here?

@tluck thank you!! Very much Men, i finally have a functional osx running great!! Thank you Very much for the help. Now i'm gonna make some testing to ser if everything is Ok. I only have 1 remaining question with thi part "If you have 1366x768 LCD, you can probably just use items as is - that is rename OEM/ProductID.1366x768 folder to match your product name. Note: if you have similar CPU as i5-2520, the SSDT.aml from above may work for you (copy from ProductID/ACPI/patched)"

where i have to Copy the dsdt.dsl?

SO i took a different approach for VM, i use Fusion 5 and i prefer to keep my VMs on a 2nd disk MBR formatted.  my VMDKs (C and D drives etc) use physical disks, so i can read these from the VM or when I native boot windows. 

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk1 1 "Disk1" ide

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk1 2 "Disk2" ide

@tluck

i'm also interested to use VM on a real partition and to be able to use it as a native boot windows.

In the past on my mini 311c i try to do that without success so i've delete the win partition. (Mac OS X boot only)

your post makes me want to try again :)

i'll take all your advice to do so. :)

@amar0

you are welcome. since you have the same CPU as me you can use the SSDT from the ProductID.1600x900 folder. just move ssdt.aml to your 

OEM/4236NUS/ACPI/patched folder. 

@tetonne - i am no expert with vm, but there are several options for Fusion. physical disks: whole disk, a partition of a disk or virtual disks (a disk in a container).

i suspect most will do VM containers as they are easy and transportable. for windows, i wanted to use physical disk so i can read the data from either a VM guest or a physical host. its been so long since i did this but i remember I had some conflicts with GPT disks and Fusion. the issue is the MBR vs PBR. Fusion seems to need/use the MBR of (either a MBR or GPT disk) to figure out partition boundaries. i recall mac diskutility will convert the PBR to MBR when you create a windows (NTFS or exfat) for bootcamp etc.  but its been so long i don't remember the details but this messed something up for me. i had to dd the PBR back in place. my config is a bit complicated.

bottom line: if you want use physical disks for VMS, i suggest a 2nd disk that you can format and experiment with. the vmware-rawdiskCreator command line tool is for creating physical vm disks - there isn't a nice GUI interface like on windows. here some examples

5 disks in the VM

disk 1 partition 1 and 2 (happens to be on a MBR disk)

disk 2 partition 3 and 4 (happens to be on a GPT disk)

disk 3 whole disk 

you can use ide or scsi

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk2 3 "Disk3" lsisas

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk2 4 "Disk4" lsisas

/Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/vmware-rawdiskCreator create /dev/disk3 "fullDevice" "Disk5" lsisas

Hi guys, Clover question:

While upgrading to the latest gm of Mavericks, I downloaded the Mavericks upgrade app from the App Store and tried to run it directly. This made the computer restart and a new Clover boot option showed up, something like "Install Mavericks from Mac SSD". I upgraded properly later on, by creating an install USB following tluck's guide, so the upgrade went okay.

The issue is that the entry to Install it is still there, also there is another one to boot from recovery partition.

How do I get rid of this new entry? Where are these entries stored?

Thanks,

AJ

Clover boot options are probed. Meaning that for any given option there exists a partition with an OS on it. This also includes attached devices, so if you have OSX installed to your HD and you still have your thumb drive plugged in at boot, you will see boot options for your thumb drive as well.

So if you're seeing extra boot options then you have that many partitions with bootable OS's on them.

The clover config allows you to hide certain types and specific partitions, but more likely you want to actually remove the extraneous partitions and reclaim the space.

@AJ 

1)  /.IAbootfiles  or something like this is created by the installer on the OS partition you were upgrading by the Install OSX.app ...  if you have HFSplus.efi vs Vboxhfs.efi in your clover drivers folder, then clover can boot from this installer bundle upon reboot. (just like a real mac)

since you aborted the install process by not restarting using this bundle, you can get rid of this folder now.

2) the installer will create (or update) the recovery partition - which is a 650MB partition on your OS HD. ( i would keep this.)

i may have figured out why some LCDs are glitchy on HD3000. i looked at 4 good EDIDs (2 real macs, 1 HP, and 1 EDID for my LCD that works) and they have some things in common in the detailed timing section. using an EDID (view sonic) i could see that they all have Sync Offset=48 and Sync Pulse Width=32. So i edited my original EDID and modified these to values to match (which were way off) ....  

guess what? that one worked too without glitches or hangs. anyway... we have a good EDID for 1600x900 and here is one for low-res - possibly:

so if anyone is interested in trying this this to remove glitches for 1366x768 LCD (i edited tetonnes) which had sync offset=38 and sync pulse width=22

this one below encoded for clover which has the values of  48 and 32 instead of 38 and 22 respectively.

put this in your clover config.plist (replace current graphics section)

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>LCD 1366x768</string>

<key>CustomEDID</key>

<data>

AP///////wAGrzwxAAAAAAAUAQOAHxF4ChC2l1hXkiYeUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB

AQEBAQEBAQEBEhtWRlAAIzAwIDYANa0QAAAYAAAADwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAg

AAAA/gBBVU8KICAgICAgICAAAAAA/gBYWFhYWFhYWFhYMSAKACM=

</data>

<key>DualLink</key>

<string>0</string>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>Intel</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>InjectEDID</key>

<true/>

</dict>

Original:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-31 at 2.17.55 PM.png

Revised: (note 2 values changed on line 60)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-31 at 2.17.25 PM.png

I have an hp with 1600x900 and in the original seems to have already that 303020 and i have glitches with clover, so i think this is not real solution

Take 2: 

took another look at this ... my first attempt at understanding why 1 EDID works and the other does not  by changing sync offset width, pulse etc failed - it eventually hung.....

BUT what makes my built-in EDID work without glitches? - it is the panel size!!! i this new EDID tested on 10.8.5 and 10.9.0 by changing the panel size from 309x174  to 310x174 -- and i can NOT make it hang or glitch. this, i believe, is it. 

the one below that i obtained from Kogen is/was 310x174 panel size - so i matched my built-in to the same size changed 309 to 310 - Note: the pixel clock in built-in EDID was 110MHz vs 96Mhz along with other param diffs -  but that does not seem to matter. all the ways i know to make it hang (which is pretty easy to do with mission control on/off about 3-4 times or moving safari between monitors) fail to hang it up. 

@Yum - yeah i agree, it does seems to be a bit more that just that. it may be that + pixel clock -- the ones that work have plus other timings ... which affects vertical frequency. Have you tried injecting the 1600x900 EDID i posted that is glitch free? this one works:

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 30E4E202 00000000 00140103 801F1178 0A434597 59578E28 21505400 00000101 01010101 01010101 01010101 01018025 40806084 1A303020 350036AE 10000019 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00FE004C 47204469 73706C61 790A2020 000000FE 004C5031 34305744 322D544C 42310038 

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>LCD 1600x900</string>

<key>CustomEDID</key>

<data>

AP///////wAw5OICAAAAAAAUAQOAHxF4CkNFl1lXjighUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB

AQEBAQEBAQEBgCVAgGCEGjAwIDUANq4QAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAA/gBMRyBEaXNwbGF5CiAgAAAA/gBMUDE0MFdEMi1UTEIxADg=

</data>

<key>DualLink</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>Intel</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>InjectEDID</key>

<true/>

</dict>

Edited by tluck

@Yum - yeah i agree, it does seems to be a bit more that just that. it may be that + pixel clock -- the ones that work have plus other timings ... which affects vertical frequency. have you tried injecting the 1600x900 EDID i posted that is glitch free? this one works:

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 30E4E202 00000000 00140103 801F1178 0A434597 59578E28 21505400 00000101 01010101 01010101 01010101 01018025 40806084 1A303020 350036AE 10000019 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00FE004C 47204469 73706C61 790A2020 000000FE 004C5031 34305744 322D544C 42310038 

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>LCD 1600x900</string>

<key>CustomEDID</key>

<data>

AP///////wAw5OICAAAAAAAUAQOAHxF4CkNFl1lXjighUFQAAAABAQEBAQEB

AQEBAQEBAQEBgCVAgGCEGjAwIDUANq4QAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAA/gBMRyBEaXNwbGF5CiAgAAAA/gBMUDE0MFdEMi1UTEIxADg=

</data>

<key>DualLink</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>Intel</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>InjectEDID</key>

<true/>

</dict>

Now i try to inject all this edid

It doesnt work buddy, glitches everywhere. I always thiought that these glitch are not edid linked honestly, i have tried everything for this but nothing work. only on chameleon and smcping i am well, on clover always glitch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      Run Vanilla OS X El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave in VirtualBox 5.x.x on a Windows Host
      Following on from my previous guide on how to create a VMware virtual machine running Vanilla OS X El Capitan in Windows, I’ve decided to write a similar guide for creating a VirtualBox El Capitan VM. 

The virtual machine should be useful for testing El Capitan and also for creating installers for use on a real machine/hackintosh.

There are other tutorials and videos on the net about running OS X on Windows machines using pre-made VMDK disk images but you can never guarantee what else is in there….

I’ve gathered info for this guide from several threads in the Multibooting and Virtualisation section of this forum and also the wider internet eg

@colt2 HOW TO: Create a bootable El Capitan ISO for VMware
      @dsmccombs comment on faking Ivybridge Processor
      @E:V:A http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55572430&postcount=6
      @Tech Reviews video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7X07U63lwg.
      VirtualBox Forum: Status of OSX on OSX

Requirements
         Intel PC with four or more CPU cores running Windows 7 X64 or later OS (2 or more cores needed for OS X)    4GB or more RAM (2GB or more will be needed for OS X)    Hard Disk with at least 40GB free for Virtual Machine    Oracle VM VirtualBox v 5.0.34    Install OS X El Capitan app and Mac or Hack to prepare installation iso <-- Now, no longer necessary to have previous access to a Mac or Hack by building the Installer.app from scratch - see post#75    16GB or larger exFAT formatted USB stick to transfer El Capitan iso from Mac/Hack to Host PC  
      Prepare Installation ISO on your Mac or Hack
      1.  On your Mac or Hack, download "Install OS X El Capitan.app" from the App Store into your Applications folder.
      2.  Download and unzip the CECI.tool (attached to this post) into your ~/Downloads folder. The commands in this executable script are shown below for informational purposes.  Note: you will need approx 16GB of free space on your hard disk for the script to complete.

3.  Open OS X terminal, then run the following commands to execute the script:
      cd downloads chmod +x CECI.tool ./CECI.tool 4.  At the end of the process, you will have an El Capitan iso on your desktop - copy this onto an exFAT formatted USB for use on the PC Host later.

Create an El Capitan Virtual Machine in VirtualBox
      1.  Open the VirtualBox program and click the "New" button to create a new VM.

2.  Select Mac OS X and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (64 -bit) for Operating System type and version.  I named my Virtual Machine "El_Capitan", then clicked next...

3.  Leave the Memory size at the recommended 2048 MB, then click next.

4.  Choose to "Create a virtual hard disk now", then click the create button.

5.  For the hard disk file type, the default is VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) but I have selected VMDK for inter-operability with VMWare.  Click next...

6.  For Storage on physical hard disk, I have chosen the default Dynamically allocated (grows larger to a set limit as you need more disk space).

7.  On the File location and size screen, you can set the location of the new virtual hard disk and its size - I recommend changing disk size to 40GB or larger.  When you click the create button, you will now see your new VM in the VirtualBox main GUI.

8.  Click the settings button on the Main Menu to tweak a few settings....
         a.  On the System/Motherboard tab in Boot Order, you can uncheck the Floppy Drive (who has these now?)

b.  On the System/Processor tab, you can increase the allocated CPU cores to 2

c.  On the Display tab, you can increase the allocated Video Memory to 128MB

d.  On the Storage tab, click on the icon of the Optical Drive and select "Choose Virtual Optical Disk File". 

Navigate and select the El Capitan ISO we created earlier...

e.  Click the OK button to finalise the VM settings.

Patch El Capitan vbox configuration file with DMI Settings from a Mac
      1.  From the start menu, type cmd and click run as administrator to open an administrative command prompt. 

2.  Choose a Mac Model similar to your host system, then type the following lines, followed by <enter>  after each line.  Make sure you first close all VirtualBox Windows and the VirtualBox program, otherwise any changes you make won't stick...

Eg iMac11,3
      cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-F2238BAE" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1 MacBookPro11,3
      cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "MacBookPro11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-2BD1B31983FE1663" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1 Macmini6,2
      cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "Macmini6,2" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1 3.  Optional- For some host systems eg those with Haswell and newer CPUs, you might have to spoof an older CPU to avoid VirtualBox errors.  You can try from one of the following if this happens:

To spoof Lynnfield i5 750 CPU
      VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "El_Capitan" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 06100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff To spoof IvyBridge CPU
      VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "El_Capitan" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 04100800 7fbae3ff bfebfbff or
      VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "El_Capitan" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff 4.  Close the command prompt window.

Installation of El Capitan
      We are now ready to start the El_Capitan Virtual Machine....

Installation should be relatively straight forward, just following the prompts of the OS X installer:
      1.  Select language, agree to legal terms

2.  Use Disk Utility from the Utilities Menu to erase and format the virtual hard drive as a single partition GUID Mac OS X Extended.  I named my drive "Macintosh HD" but you can enter whatever you like eg El_Capitan.

3.  Quit DU and choose Macintosh HD to install El Capitan on.
      4.  After 20-30 min (depending on how fast your system is), the installation will complete.  At this point, unmount the El Capitan ISO by clicking the Devices menu from the VM window, click Optical Drives, then choose Remove disk from virtual drive.  The VM is now ready to reboot into OS X from the virtual hard drive.
      5.  At the welcome screen, choose your country and keyboard layout.  You can skip transfer information, location services and logging in with your Apple ID if you wish…
      6.  Create a User Account and select your Time Zone.  You can skip sending diagnostics and usage data to Apple….
      7.  Finally, you will arrive at the El Capitan Desktop.

8.  Network/internet and audio should work OOB but on my system, the sounds were distorted.  Unfortunately, there is no QE/CI and the VM resolution will be fixed without the ability to dynamically resize the VM window (no VirtualBox additions for OS X guests atm). 

Customization with VBoxManage
      1.  You can change the default resolution of 1024*768 (after shutting down the VM) with the VBoxManage command from the Windows Administrative Command Prompt:
      cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" VBoxInternal2/EfiGopMode N (Where N can be one of 0,1,2,3,4,5) referring to the 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1920x1200 screen resolution respectively.

Update:  For VirtualBox 5.2.x, the command for changing screen resolution has changed...

VBoxManage setextradata "<MyVM>" VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution XxY (where X=Horizontal screen resolution, Y=Vertical screen resolution)
      eg
      VBoxManage setextradata "<MyVM>" VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution 1280x1024 2.  Adding serials and other SMBIOS details for the System Information Screen
      VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemSerial" "W8#######B6" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardSerial" "W8#########1A" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVendor" "Apple Inc." VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemFamily" "iMac" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBIOSVersion" "IM112.0057.03B" A listing of known issues with Mac OS X guests can be found in the VirtualBox Manual - link https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch14.html.

Vanilla Mavericks and Yosemite, Snow Leopard from Retail DVD
      The same VM settings for El Capitan will also boot and run vanilla installations of OS X Mavericks and Yosemite .  Attached to this post are installer scripts to create bootable Mavericks (CMI.tool) and Yosemite (CYI.tool) ISOs for VirtualBox and VMware.

With the respective OS X installer apps in the Applications folder, download and run the installer tools using terminal ie

To create a Mavericks ISO on your desktop
      cd downloads chmod +x CMI.tool ./CMI.tool To create a Yosemite ISO on your desktop
      cd downloads chmod +x CYI.tool ./CYI.tool Here is a screenshot of the VM running Mavericks 10.9.5...

Finally, those without a Mac/Hack to prepare the install media can purchase a retail Snow Leopard DVD directly from Apple and install OSX 10.6.3 on their virtual machines (Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion run quite happily in VirtualBox with 1 CPU, 1-2 GB of RAM and the rest of the settings unchanged from above).  Once you update by combo update to SL 10.6.8, you can directly download El Capitan from the App Store for free .

UPDATE macOS Sierra 10.12 to 10.12.6: For macOS Sierra, use CSI.tool in post#51.
      UPDATE macOS High Sierra 17A365:  For macOS High Sierra, use CHSI.tool in post#73.
      UPDATE macOS Mojave Beta:  For macOS Mojave Beta, use CMJI.tool on page 4 of thread.

Good luck and enjoy
      CECI.tool.zip
      CYI.tool.zip
      CMI.tool.zip
    • By fantomas1
      -----------------------------
      Mise à jour 12/07/2018

La sortie de macOS 10.14 Beta m'oblige à mettre ce topic à jour. Plus de détails dans ce post.

Mise à jour 09/06/2017

La sortie de macOS 10.13 Beta m'oblige à mettre ce topic à jour. Plus de détails dans ce post.

Mise à jour 15/06/2016

Une petite mise à jour du topic pour confirmer le bon fonctionnement du patch à la volé de Clover (r3561) avec macOS Sierra.

Mise à jour 24/08/2015

ok, très bien,

comme pour la HD6770, la nouvelle méthode du patch à la volé est de nouveau fonctionnel et avec les dernières versions de Clover.

pour ma part, je suis sur El Capitan DB7 et Clover r3259

par contre, je suis toujours obligé de m’aider de l’astuce avec FakeSMC pour que mes kexts soient toujours chargés, mais au moins cela marche.   

et pour config.plist, cela donne ça :

ceci est juste un exemple avec ma HD4830, il va de soi que vous devez mettre Device-ID de votre carte graphique !!!

Salut à tou(te)s

Comme certain(e)s le savent, les cartes graphiques dites "Exotiques" ne sont pas supportés par le système d'exploitation d'Apple.
      En sus d'ajouter l'identifient de la carte graphique (Device ID) dans l'Info.plist du ou des kexts concernés, il faut aussi interagir sur la partie "binaire" du kext par le biais du "patching".

Dans notre cas, les cartes graphiques exotiques sont les cartes AMD (anciennement ATI) de la série HD 48xx, et plus précisément les HD 4830, HD4850, HD4870x2 et HD4890.*

Donc le but est de faire fonctionner ces cartes graphiques de manière stable et fluide en activant QE_CI, chose nécessaire pour en profiter pleinement du système d'exploitation.

* Juste avant de commencer, vous l'avez peut-être remarqué, la HD4870 n'est pas sur la liste suscitée et pour cause c'est que cette carte graphique est nativement supportée par le système d'exploitation d'Apple. Son Device ID est 0x94401002 que vous pouvez trouvé dans l'Info.plist des kexts concernés et c'est celui-ci que nous allons utiliser afin de le remplacer par le Device ID de notre carte graphique.

** Ce tuto est fait pour fonctionner sous OS X Mavericks, mais il doit fonctionner aussi avec les autres. La seule chose différente c'est l'adresse binaire à patcher.    

Très bien, comme le titre le suggère, nous allons voir comment faire reconnaître ces cartes graphiques sous Clover et obtenir par la même un QE_CI activé et parfaitement fonctionnelle.

Je vais utiliser ma Sapphire HD4830 512 MB GDDR3 PCI-E (comme cobaye    ) pour ce test et qui a pour Device ID 0x944c1002.

Pour que ce test réussisse, nous allons donc utiliser ces 2 kexts, à savoir AMD4800Controller.kext (pour la partie QE) et ATIRadeonX2000.kext (pour la partie CI) et allons ajouter notre Device ID dans l'Info.plist. via le tweak "KernelAndKextPatches"

Donc les valeurs à entrer dans notre config.plist sont celle-ci :
      <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>     <array>         <dict>             <key>Name</key>             <string>AMD4800Controller</string>             <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>             <string>Yes</string>             <key>Find</key>             <string>0x94401002</string>             <key>Replace</key>             <string>0x944C1002</string>         </dict>         <dict>             <key>Name</key>             <string>ATIRadeonX2000</string>             <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>             <string>Yes</string>             <key>Find</key>             <string>0x94401002</string>             <key>Replace</key>             <string>0x944C1002</string>         </dict>     </array> Comme vous pouvez le voir, la clé "InfoPlistPatch" sert à injecter notre Device ID "uniquement" dans Info.plist, sans y toucher à la partie "binaire" de nos kexts. La clé "Find" a pour fonction de trouver le Device ID que l'on veut remplacer par le notre en utilisant la clé "Replace".

Très bien, maintenant comme nous l'avons dit au début de ce tutoriel, ajouter notre Device ID n'est pas suffisant pour faire fonctionner pleinement notre carte graphique, il faut encore interagir sur la partie "binaire" de nos kexts. Dans notre cas, il va falloir agir uniquement sur un kext, çàd sur ATIRadeonX2000.kext et plus particulièrement sur ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX2000

Et pour cela, nous allons faire comme ceci :
      <key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict>     <key>Name</key>     <string>ATIRadeonX2000</string>     <key>Find</key>     <data>0F8394010000</data>     <key>Replace</key>     <data>909090909090</data> </dict> </array> Là nous pouvons voir que la clé "InfoPlistPatch" n'est pas utilisée et donc ces valeurs n'auront aucun effet sur l'Info.plist mais agiront uniquement au niveau de la partie "binaire". 

Et voici les valeurs en leur forme complète que vous devrez ajouter dans votre config.plist
      <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>     <array>         <dict>             <key>Name</key>             <string>AMD4800Controller</string>             <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>             <string>Yes</string>             <key>Find</key>             <string>0x94401002</string>             <key>Replace</key>             <string>0x944C1002</string>         </dict>         <dict>             <key>Name</key>             <string>ATIRadeonX2000</string>             <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>             <string>Yes</string>             <key>Find</key>             <string>0x94401002</string>             <key>Replace</key>             <string>0x944C1002</string>         </dict>         <dict>             <key>Name</key>             <string>ATIRadeonX2000</string>             <key>Find</key>             <data>0F8394010000</data>             <key>Replace</key>             <data>909090909090</data>        </dict>     </array> Très bien, maintenant il ne nous reste plus qu'à autoriser l'injection des kexts, sans quoi le patch ne fonctionnera pas. Et nous allons le faire via le tweak "InjectKexts" comme ceci :
      <key>SystemParameters</key> --> clé principale <dict>       <key>InjectSystemID</key>       <true/>       <key>InjectKexts</key> --> sous clé       <string>Yes</string> </dict>  

Si certain(e)s d'entre vous préfèrent utiliser le logiciel "Clover Configurator" pour plus de facilité, voici comment entrer ces valeurs :

Allez sur l'onglet "Kernel And Kext Patches" et faites comme ceci :

*Ne faites pas attention sur le majuscule/minuscule, cela ne fait aucune différence

Et pour injecter les kexts, aller sur l'onglet "System Parameters" et mettez l'option Inject Kexts sur Yes comme ceci :

Voilà, vous n'avez plus qu'à enregistrer les ajustements, redémarrer votre pc et apprécier le résultat.

MAIS ... seulement voilà ... il y a un problème ... 

Quoi ? 

Initialement, les kexts ne sont pas présents dans le kernelcache à cause de "OSBundleRequired=Safe Boot" (ils ne sont pas chargés en local par défaut mais en mode sans échec) et donc le patchage "à la volé" (on the fly) ne fonctionnera pas.

Donc quoi, tout ça pour rien ?

Non, bien-sûr, voici l'astuce pour remédier à cela :

Dans un premier temps, il vous faut booter l'OS sans kernelcache. Si vous utiliser Clover Configurator, il vous suffit juste de cocher l'option "No Caches" dans l'onglet "System and Parameters" ou bien vous le faites directement dans votre config.plist :
      <key>SystemParameters</key> <dict>       <key>InjectSystemID</key>       <true/>       <key>InjectKexts</key>       <string>Yes</string>       <key>NoCaches</key>       <true/> </dict> Ceci aura donc pour effet de bloquer kernelcache et obliger boot.efi de charger le kernel et les kexts séparément. Clover et FSInject vont ensuite intercepter tous les chargements des kexts par boot.efi et changer "OSBundleRequired=Safe Boot" en "OSBundleRequired=Root" à la volé (on the fly) et forceront boot .efi à charger les kexts. Et ensuite dans un second temps, Clover va patcher l'Info.plist de ces deux kexts et la partie binaire de ATIRadeonX2000, kernel va les charger et ils seront rattachés à votre carte graphique.

Une fois ceci fait (donc les kexts utilisés), il vous suffit de faire sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions. Ceci créera un nouveau kernelcache qui cette fois-ci contiendra vos kexts utilisés. Ensuite il ne vous reste plus qu'à redémarrer normalement (en décochant l'option No Caches dans Clover Configurator) et le patch fonctionnera à merveille.

Oui, mais ... là aussi ...

Quoi encore ?

Seulement voilà, pour une raison ou une autre, il peut arriver que kernelcache se reconstruit tout seul et le patch "à la volé" ne fonctionne plus.

Alors je fais quoi moi en attendant ?

L'astuce la plus efficace pour le moment est d'injecter les infos de vos kexts à l'intérieur de l'Info.plist de FakeSMC.kext comme des IOKitPersonalities additionnels.

????Kézako????

Ces infos vous les trouverez dans l'Info.plist de ces 2 kexts, sous IOKitPersonalities. Les voici :

Pour AMD4800Controller.kext
      <key>Controller</key> <dict>         <key>ATY,Cardinal</key>         <dict>                 <key>aty_config</key>                 <dict>                         <key>CFG_NO_PP</key>                         <true/>                 </dict>          </dict>          <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>          <string>com.apple.kext.AMD4800Controller</string>          <key>IOClass</key>          <string>AMD4800Controller</string>          <key>IOMatchCategory</key>          <string>IOFramebuffer</string>          <key>IOName</key>          <string>AMD4800Controller</string>          <key>IOPCIMatch</key>          <string>0x94401002 0x944a1002</string>          <key>IOProbeScore</key>          <integer>65050</integer>          <key>IOProviderClass</key>          <string>IOPCIDevice</string>         <key>aty_config</key>          <dict>                 <key>CFG_NO_PP</key>                  <false/>                  <key>CFG_PAA</key>                  <integer>0</integer>                  <key>CFG_USE_USCN</key>                  <false/>          </dict>          <key>aty_properties</key>          <dict>                  <key>PP_GFXClockGatingEnabled</key>                  <integer>1</integer>          </dict> </dict> Et pour ATIRadeonX2000.kext
      <key>ATIRadeonX2000</key> <dict>         <key>ATIEnableWideBlitSupport</key>         <true/> <key>ATIUseTearingWideBlit</key> <false/> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000</string> <key>GpuDebugPolicy</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>IOCFPlugInTypes</key> <dict> <key>ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e</key> <string>ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin</string> </dict> <key>IOClass</key> <string>ATIRadeonX2000</string> <key>IODVDBundleName</key> <string>ATIRadeonX2000VADriver</string> <key>IOKitDebug</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>IOMatchCategory</key> <string>IOAccelerator</string> <key>IOPCIMatch</key> <string>0x94001002 0x94011002 0x94021002 0x94031002 0x95811002 0x95831002 0x95881002 0x94c81002 0x94c91002 0x95001002 0x95011002 0x95051002 0x95071002 0x95041002 0x95061002 0x95981002 0x94881002 0x95991002 0x95911002 0x95931002 0x94401002 0x94421002 0x944A1002 0x945A1002 0x94901002 0x949E1002 0x94801002 0x95401002 0x95411002 0x954E1002 0x954F1002 0x95521002 0x95531002 0x94a01002</string> <key>IOProviderClass</key> <string>IOPCIDevice</string> <key>IOSourceVersion</key> <string>8.24.11</string> <key>IOVARendererID</key> <integer>16908288</integer> <key>sensor-properties</key> <array> <dict> <key>device_type</key> <data> Z3B1LXNlbnNvcg== </data> <key>location</key> <string>GPU</string> <key>name</key> <string>gpu-sensor</string> <key>polling-period</key> <data> AAAAAQAAAAA= </data> <key>reg</key> <data> AAAAAg== </data> <key>sample-period</key> <data> AAAAAACYmAA= </data> <key>sensor-id</key> <data> AAAABg== </data> <key>version</key> <data> AAAAAg== </data> <key>zone</key> <data> AAAAAg== </data> </dict> </array </dict>  
      Et voici donc l'Info.plist de FakeSMC.kext dans son intégrité, vous pouvez jeter un oeil, histoire de voir à quoi cela ressemble :

FakeSMC_Info.plist.zip

Et pour les moins casse-têtes, voici FakeSMC.kext modifié que j'utilise pour charger les 2 kexts :

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Voilà, avec ceci, vous n'aurez plus besoin de savoir si oui ou non les kexts sont dans le kernelcache.

Crédits attribués à :

netkas  pour son incontournable QE_CI Exotic patch (même s'il n'importe plus son support)

Slice  & co. pour leur bébé nommé Clover

dmazar  pour son astuce avec FakeSMC.kext   (pour plus d'info, voir ici)

duffs (rarement ici, plus sur le site de netkas) pour son astuce de comment patcher la partie binaire avec Clover, ce fût lors de la sortie de OS X Mavericks DP1

nyolc8  pour le support de QE_CI Exotic patch pour Mavericks

fantomas1  pour ......... pour ... quoi déjà ? Ah ben non ... non ... pour rien ...
    • By Slice
      Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

• By ErmaC
      Please be advised that this is not a discussion topic.

This topic is a "direct" line of communication between the Developers of Clover (Clover Team).
      Unless a Developer/Coder asks for more information, all the critical information of a post should be contained in the subject and first post.
      Every post will be responded to in some fashion before being locked.

Invalid Posts
      Since we are strictly interested in issue reports on this topic, the following post/reply are likely to be deleted immediately:
      1. Discussion topic aka OFF-TOPIC (What do you all think?)
      2. Invalid issue reports
      3. Feedback / Suggestion threads.
      4. Posts requesting information about the bootloader.
      5. Posts made on other forums (Don't spam.)
      6. "Accomplishment" threads, threads to advertise screenshots unrelated to bug reports.
      7. Posts requesting status updates on existing issues.