Kogen Mantis

Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

4,304 posts in this topic

I had tried copying over High Sierra IO80211Family.kext, but that didn't work, even after several reboots, so thought I would give an external USB wifi dongle a try whilst trying to work out how to get the internal card working.

The USB dongle didn't work so I went searching for drivers for that and discovered https://github.com/chris1111/WIFI-Network-macOS-High-Sierra, which I installed. On reboot I had wifi, so assumed it was the dongle, but surprisingly it is actually the built in wifi card. Not sure if it's c combination of both the kext and driver, or whether just the driver.

Next problem is that sleep does not work from either the menu nor shutting the lid.

Advertisement

The first post tells you 

...add the AirPortAtheros40.kext to IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins...

So copy the AirPortAtheros40.kext from the HighSierra IO80211Family.kext to the Mojave IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins and run the Kext Utility to repair permissions and update the caches.

Will work at the moment, nobody knows if this will work with the official release of Mojave.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:12 AM, bedfellow said:

I had tried copying over High Sierra IO80211Family.kext, but that didn't work, even after several reboots, so thought I would give an external USB wifi dongle a try whilst trying to work out how to get the internal card working.

The USB dongle didn't work so I went searching for drivers for that and discovered https://github.com/chris1111/WIFI-Network-macOS-High-Sierra, which I installed. On reboot I had wifi, so assumed it was the dongle, but surprisingly it is actually the built in wifi card. Not sure if it's c combination of both the kext and driver, or whether just the driver.

Next problem is that sleep does not work from either the menu nor shutting the lid.

Wow. Cool. 
I am downloading the driver you have shared and tried if it works to my USB Dongle.

i am sure this is mentioned before... these are the kexts preserved (copied) from High Sierra to enable Mojave on the T420.  I put them all in /S/L/E. They 

Note: the AirportAtheros40.kext does not need to be under the IO80211Family.kext directory.

tluck@Toms-Mac /System/Library/Extensions

$ ls -ld *3000* *SNB* *Ath*

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  96 Mar  5  2018 AirPortAtheros40.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  96 Mar  9  2018 AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  96 Mar  9  2018 AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  96 Mar  9  2018 AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  96 Mar  9  2018 AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  96 Mar  9  2018 AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  96 Mar  9  2018 AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

@bedfellow - i presume the kext/driver bundle from chris1111 is making your USB wifi work - not the built-in Intel WiFi.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thomaspetersen
      Hi All

I'm trying to start a Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.5 installation:
      - MSI B350 PC Mate
      - Ryzen 5 - 2600
      - Radeon Pro 580 GPU
      - 4 x 8GB DDR4
      (Have a working clover bootloader for HS 10.13.3 - but for some reason, I can't use that setup with the 10.13.5) 

Have tried different bootloader setup, with different outcomes...
      ATM. I get this error/hang - "Unknown CPU: family = 0x17, model = 0x8, Stepping = 0x2"
      Have search google, and can see that the threads ppl. are getting this, is when they look at "About this mac", I haven't yet installed the OSX.

So can someone help...

I'm running the newest Kexts: AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen.
      In Bootloader setup, i'm running: -v, -s, -f, -no_compat_check, busratio=34, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, dart=0 and nv_disable=1
      In SMBIOS i'm using the iMac18,2 and in RT i'm using BooterConfig: 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
      In installed drivers i'm using: AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (Have tried Fix2 as well)

But i'm, keep getting the Unknown CPU hang/error, can someone help...
      Or do someone have a setup with the same CPU and GPU, that can show me his/her setup for Bootloader/Kexts...
    • By Teress
      I get a lot of questions about HOW TO BACKUP A HACKINTOSH. So I decided to create Complete Guide with 5 methods described in detail, how to easily make bootable clones of Hackintosh system disks, or backup your data. Full step by step tutorial is here:

• By Susaids
      System Info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19HOzEFDKS64fI-JkpOQDayzA1RVQLutf_geucNMtiLQ/edit?usp=sharing

Let's say: I'm trying to create a Bootable Hackintosh USB for Mac OS High Sierra [Latest Stable Version], and I'm using a Virtual Machine [with Mac OS High Sierra] on my Windows 10.

Specific Questions:
      What BIOS Settings should I change for - LENOVO Motherboard BIOS? What should I keep in mind when using a Virtual Machine [MacOS] for the Bootable USB Creation Process? Should I use Clover EFI Bootloader or Clover Configurator, or Both? What settings should I change change in those? Does it matter which version(s) of Clover Sofwares I use? Will they support USB Creation for ALL versions of MAC Operating Systems? [Or do they only support some versions of Mac OS?]  
      Thanks in Advance for your help!
    • By STLVNUB
      Reviving my old INSTAHackintosh, it's been a while....
      Purpose:
      Create User Custom Install iso/dmg with bootloader, apps and user-settings.
      Create Live iso/usb.
      What Versions:
      Tiger-Current ( bit ambitious but hey I like a challenge ).
      Why:
      Because I can!
      I'm not too impressed with the way Apple and others handle their installs.
      Support for 4 Bootloaders:
      Chameleon
      Clover Legacy
      Refit Ozmosis
      Clover UEFI
      Keep you informed as I progress from scratch.
      This could take a while, it's NOT my priority.
      Will probably release in Os versions, starting at Mojave and working backwards.
    • By FernandoCoverdale
      Buenas!
      recuerdo que cuando empece a instalar el clover para hacer mi hackintosh el boot de clover tenia una cuenta atrás en la que pasado “no se si eran 5 o 6 segundos”se iniciaba la opcion de arranque de high sierra del disco duro que es la que se marca por defecto, seguramente habré instalado un theme que me lo deja fijo y no recuerdo como volver activarlo.
      gracias de antemano!!!
      adjunto foto