K0gen

Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

4,850 posts in this topic

• DSDT for "heat-step" (dsdt.heat-step.aml) has a modified method to control the fan speed vs automatically by BIOS.

Follow the installation recipe to use this approach:

1) copy/replace the default dsdt.aml file with the dsdt.heat-step.aml file in the ESP

2) locate the ACPIPoller.kext in the Utilities folder and install the kext in /Library/Extensions

3) reboot

For Example:

• mkdir /Volumes/ESP

sudo mount

-t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/ESP

cp

-a /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/dsdt.heat-step.aml /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml

cd

~/Downloads/Lenovo-T420-Clover-YYYY.MM.DD/Utilities

sudo cp -a ACPIPoller.kext /Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/ACPIPoller.kext

sudo chmod -R go-w /Library/Extensions/ACPIPoller.kext

sudo kextcache -i /

Heat-step works perfectly. The fan revs down when CPU temp is low and revs up when temp is high.

Default dsdt.aml always works at 3600 rpm.

But I wonder if there is any posibility to change the fan curve in the dsdt.heat-step.aml

it´s more silent but hotter. revs between 1900-3600 

i´d like to achieve  a 4500 rpm peak for better cooler.

Advertisement

• DSDT for "heat-step" (dsdt.heat-step.aml) has a modified method to control the fan speed vs automatically by BIOS.

Follow the installation recipe to use this approach:

1) copy/replace the default dsdt.aml file with the dsdt.heat-step.aml file in the ESP

2) locate the ACPIPoller.kext in the Utilities folder and install the kext in /Library/Extensions

3) reboot

For Example:

• mkdir /Volumes/ESP

sudo mount

-t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/ESP

cp

-a /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/dsdt.heat-step.aml /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml

cd

~/Downloads/Lenovo-T420-Clover-YYYY.MM.DD/Utilities

sudo cp -a ACPIPoller.kext /Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/ACPIPoller.kext

sudo chmod -R go-w /Library/Extensions/ACPIPoller.kext

sudo kextcache -i /

Heat-step works perfectly. The fan revs down when CPU usage is low and revs up when the load is high.

Default dsdt.aml always works at 3600 rpm.

But I wonder if there is any posibility to change the fan curve in the dsdt.heat-step.aml

it´s more silent but hotter. revs between 1900-3600 

i´d like to achieve  a 4500 rpm peak for better cooler.

Hi Traskhy

The fan speed curve is depend on the cpu temperature not loading.

You can find the code, and you can change it by yourself.

/* FAN control START */

If (LGreaterEqual (Local0, 0x55)) // CPU Temp is >= 85C
                        { Store (0x07, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HFSP) } // Set FAN Mode 7 - Maximum Speed 
                        Else {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Local0, 0x50)) // CPU Temp is >= 80C
                        { Store (0x06, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HFSP) } // Set FAN Mode 6 
                        Else {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Local0, 0x4B)) // CPU Temp is >= 75C
                        { Store (0x05, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HFSP) } // Set FAN Mode 5 
                        Else {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Local0, 0x46)) // CPU Temp is >= 70C
                        { Store (0x04, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HFSP) } // Set FAN Mode 4 
                        Else {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Local0, 0x41)) // CPU Temp is >= 65C
                        { Store (0x03, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HFSP) } // Set FAN Mode 3 
                        Else {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Local0, 0x3C)) // CPU Temp is >= 60C
                        { Store (0x02, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HFSP) } // Set FAN Mode 2 
                        Else {
                        If (LGreaterEqual (Local0, 0x01)) // CPU Temp is >= 01C
                        { Store (0x01, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HFSP) } // Set FAN Mode 1 - Lowest Speed 
                        }
                        }
                        }
                        }
                        }
                        }
/* FAN control END */

Am I the only one still experiencing erratic Caps Lock behaviour on 10.12.6?

Same kext pack installed on W520, T420 & X220 and all exhibiting the exact same behaviour. All 3 keyboards are UK LITEON versions.

Press once -  caps on (LED on)

Press again - caps off

Press again - caps off ( LED on)

Press again - caps on

Slow double click - reverses operation 25% of the time

Fast double click - no effect

driving me nuts.........

capslock -

hmm  here is the code in the VoodooPS2Controller  - that should being doing what you are doing manually (press 2x) - i wonder why it isnt working for that keyboard?

if ( adbKeyCode == 0x39 && version_major >= 16) // Caps Lock Fix
    {
        clock_get_uptime(&now_abs);
        dispatchKeyboardEventX(adbKeyCode, goingDown, now_abs);
        clock_get_uptime(&now_abs);
        dispatchKeyboardEventX(adbKeyCode, goingDown, now_abs);
        if (!goingDown)
        {
            _capsLock = !_capsLock;
            setAlphaLock(_capsLock);
            setAlphaLockFeedback(_capsLock);
        }
#ifdef DEBUG_VERBOSE
DEBUG_LOG("%s: CapsFix %s\n", getName(), _capsLock?"On":"Off");
#endif
        return true;
    }

Thanks Tluck.

A new US keyboard arrived today, a fabled NMB version ( I prefer the Lite-on actually) and its still doing it but it's a little easier to get it to reverse but this keyboard needs a fast double click.

Weird......

hey, can anybody help me?

T420 with deactivated nvidia and 1600x900 display resolution.

The Installer does not load to the end, see picture below

5mrukljb.jpg

whats the problem? (sorry for bad english)

@Kokzreh

Do you have Vmware Fusion installed?

Installed any software prior to the kernel panic?

hey! i have no macos installed, its the boot stick and i try to install the macos to the internal ssd, but the install screen doesnt  appear, because the install usb stick is unable to boot completly.

EDIT: The USB Stick was created in a virtual maschine 10.10.5

EDIT2: i dont no whats happened, but now, the installer runs like a charm.

So your trying to install Sierra with the current zip file?

Is it a T420?

Edit: no worries, glad you got it working!

It does appear to be an issue with the latest Clover. Exact same problems this afternoon with a clean install to a new SSD.

Rolling back the bundle to your previous one sorts it out

Hello in the Group I have been struggling trying to use this guide for my T520. See here the error that i am getting. Sound assertion error. AppleHDAController. From what i picked up in this and other forums is that it my be related to to the graphic settings.

I have followed the Bios setting in the guide and am using the 1600x900 config.plist file.

I have tried older releases with no avail. I have tried El Capitan and Sierra both generate the same error.

Maybe somebody has a tip how to move forward. Many thanks. 

post-1921598-0-94081600-1503758744_thumb.jpg

@long0311 - what did you change exactly?

I have tried all 3 settings. Integrated (there is never stays, it jumps back to Discrete after the reboot), Discrete, and the Optimus mode.

Optimus shouldn't work and it does not with this package.  So what exactly did you change ? thx for the info, law

@Lawmanwilly,

I take it your attempting to run it with Nvidia discrete graphics?

If so a Mac Pro 8,1 system definition is not what you want for starters.

Have you patched your own DSDT or are you using the one in the zip file?

I can help you with a discrete graphics install but you'll need to do the following:

Post a zip file of acpi dump obtained by pressing F4 at clover menu. Files are saved to Clover/Acpi/Origin folder.

I need to know the model number of the T520 as well

use Clover Configurator to edit the .plist. look at ACPI and uncheck all the fixes, they are causing the kernel panics when just trying to boot into the installer. also creating an smbios then trying to boot with the acpi fixes will not work either. I dont know what will stop working from unchecking the fixes, and I do not know why they cause the kernelpanic.

@Lawmanwilly,

I take it your attempting to run it with Nvidia discrete graphics?

If so a Mac Pro 8,1 system definition is not what you want for starters.

Have you patched your own DSDT or are you using the one in the zip file?

I can help you with a discrete graphics install but you'll need to do the following:

Post a zip file of acpi dump obtained by pressing F4 at clover menu. Files are saved to Clover/Acpi/Origin folder.

I need to know the model number of the T520 as well

Do you know how to get the discrete nvs 4200m working on the t420? 

I just replace Wifi card N6205 by AR9285 and install kext but it panic 3 times after sucessful reboot, and after restart it is still panic! Do u know how to fix it?

Do you know how to get the discrete nvs 4200m working on the t420?

Never tried with NVS4200m but performance-wise it's only like a 20% improvement over Hd3000 (IIRC) therefore not really worth the hassle.

I just replace Wifi card N6205 by AR9285 and install kext but it panic 3 times after sucessful reboot, and after restart it is still panic! Do u know how to fix it?

Clover / Options / Boot Args:

Press return

Type -f

Press return

Start the system

What does -f boot argument mean?

Ignore kernel cache.

Looking back at what you originally posted I'd missed that the WiFi you had replaced was the stock Intel card so I assume you haven't had working WiFi.

I'll also assume that you have flashed a custom BIOS to remove the whitelist?

No direct experience with the Atheros card but after a quick read up the simplest way seems to be to get clover to patch the DSDT on the fly unless your comfortable with editing your own DSDT with Maciasl.

You'll also need to inject your device and vendor id's into the appropriate kext(s) :

Device ID = 002b

Vendor ID = 168c

See here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/316639-atheros-ar9285-in-el-capitan-10116/

PS

Maybe a bit late now but a Dell DW1510 card would have been a much better option for you as it's plug and play, dirt cheap secondhand and doesn't require any messing around with.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Franklin_NGO
      Hello, does anyone here has experience on thinkpad P hackintoshing? I'm using vanilla guide (my EFI is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i3xzh9lnjpae9nj/EFI_Thinkpad_P53s.zip/file) Hackintosh: Catalina 10.15.2 Hardware: CPU: Intel Core i7-8665U Processor (1.90GHz GHz 8MB) GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P520 2 GB GDDR5/ intel UHD 620 RAM: 16.0GB PC4-19200 DDR4 Soldered 2400MHz SSD/ HDD: 1TB SSD Samsung PCIe Motherboard/Laptop model: Intel Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH rev. 30/ Thinkpad P53s BIOS: Lenovo version 1.60 (12/30/2019) Screen: 15.6 "FHD IPS AntiGlare LED Backlight 1920x1080 Ethernet Card: Intel I219-LM Wifi/BT Card: Wireless Intel AC adapter 9560 2x2ac with BT5.0   Status: disabled dGPU, patched HD620 (able to boot to the installation USB without fake ID)   Problem: I finished the first phase of installation (auto reboot at 2 minutes remaining); then I was able to boot to the new installed disk, but it keeps rebooting at "13 minutes remaining". The verbose as in the picture. Thank you and good day.
    • By nijhawank
      Hi friends,

Recently I had been looking for ways to control the battery charging on my hackintosh which is a Thinkpad T460 with dual batteries. On Windows there's a program Lenovo Vantage that lets you set the Battery Charging Start and Stop Thresholds. These thresholds continue to apply even when the laptop is turned off as these thresholds are managed by the embedded controller, so from that perspective its a set once and forget.

But there was one more thing that was frustrating me. By default Lenovo uses the external battery first and once its almost drained (less than 5%), it switches to the internal battery.
      Although the Charging Start and Stop Limits are a good way to increase the life span of Lithium batteries (by lowering the max charge limit), the complete drainage of the external battery prior to switching to internal is not a good idea.
      Fortunately Lenovo EC provide options to force drain (use) a battery (even with the ac adapter connected) thereby allowing to manually switch to the internal one, however these are manual controls. In Linux, there's a program tpacpi-bat that runs as a daemon and performs an efficient management of the dual batteries such as switching to internal battery when the external one reaches a configurable lower limit. However, this is Linux only and uses the ACPI interface.

I did some research to understand my options in macOS. I found RehabMan's ACPIDebug.kext and its ability (using another RehabMan's tool ioio) to call a function defined in the DSDT. With information collected tpacpi-bat and ACPIDebug.kext, I have created a dirty version. 

So this is how you use it...
      1. Use the attached SSDT-RMDT. As this was just a rough work to validate my understanding, I just did a hard coding for the first battery. 
      2. Install ACPIDebug.kext
      3. After the reboot, you can trigger the following battery operations...
      a. Set Battery Charge Start Threshold
      ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg1 <start-percent>
      a. Set Battery Charge Stop Threshold
      ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg2 <stop-percent>
      a. Force Discharge
      ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg3 <0|1> //0 to disable, 1 to enable
      a. Inhibit battery charging for specified number of minutes
      ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg4 <minutes> //0 to disable
      a. View Battery Info
      ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg5 <anything> //pass anything, its ignored
      a. View Battery Charge Start/Stop Thresholds
      ioio -s org_rehabman_ACPIDebug dbg0 <anything> //pass anything, its ignored

You can see the output using the Log Viewer Console (filter on ACPIDebug). You'd see something like this...
      default    19:34:35.175265 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: "View Thresholds"
      default    19:34:35.176349 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Charge Start Threshold=", 0x28, }
      default    19:34:35.176489 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Charge Stop  Threshold=", 0x3c, }
      default    21:07:36.023627 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: "Battery Info"
      default    21:07:36.032040 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Conversion (mW[h] -> mA[h]) Required?=", 0x0, }
      default    21:07:36.032323 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Design Voltage=", 0x2a30, }
      default    21:07:36.032519 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Design Capacity=", 0xdb60, }
      default    21:07:36.032772 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Last Full Capacity=", 0x6a9a, }
      default    21:07:36.033783 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Remaining Capacity=", 0x2e7c, }
      default    21:07:36.033968 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Remaining Percent=", 0x2b, }
      default    21:11:19.319090 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Charge Stop Threshold=", 0x5a, }
      default    21:11:30.722450 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Charge Start Threshold=", 0x50, }
      default    23:34:39.071335 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: "Force Discharge=Enabled"
      default    23:34:59.427494 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: "Force Discharge=Disabled"
      default    23:35:08.475281 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: { "Inhibit Charge Enabled (in Minutes)=", 0xf, }
      default    23:35:12.971671 -0800    kernel    ACPIDebug: "Inhibit Charge=Disabled"

At this time, I just hard-coded for the BAT0 to quickly validate my understanding and its working well. 

What's next? As I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong), I can't return values with ACPIDebug.kext along with ioio, plus this is also all very hacky.
      To be able to create a program that reads the current remaining capacity (percent) and switches control to internal batter, I need a way to return this info. Currently I'm just outputting it to the logs.

My thinking is to modify ACPIDebug.kext or one of these other kexts (ACPISensors.kext) to add code for above and then create a program to optimally manage the operation of my two batteries.
      However, I'm very new to all of this and will take some time.

In the meanwhile, here is it for your playing pleasures. Please be aware that my SSDT-RMDT is currently hard-coded for BAT0 and doesn't have all the validations. 
      Credits to RehabMan, tpacpi-bat, and other resources on internet.

Thanks all.

SSDT-RMDT.dsl
    • By kingoffright
      Dear all,

I have a external harddisk about 500GB, I installed the clover into it and the harddisk is GPT format, below is the 3 partitions details:
      FS01: EFI - disk0s1 - fat32
      FS02: install mac  image - disk0s2 -  hfs+
      FS03: install windows 10 - disk0s3 - fat32

I can use this external harddisk to install Mac without issue, I use below steps to install windows 10
      enter the FS03:
      cd to efi/boot/ and excuete bootx64.efi
      after pop up the windows install screen, i click next and it shows error 'A media driver your computer needs is missing...' and the installation can not go any further.
      Firstly I use ultraiso to write the windows 10 image to a flash disk and no issue to start install window 10 so the image is working fine. Since I dont know how to write
      a wiindow installation image into harddisk partition, I used winrar extra all the files into disk0s3, am I missing some steps or actually clover not support to install windows
      by partitions, apprecating any helps.

• By kushwavez
      Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G - Catalina 10.15.1
      This post will no longer updated, go for the osxlatitude link for further updates
      Original and updated link:
      https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11355-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-catalina-windows-10/
      (Note: mine is 55TU version, but the bootpack will work fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)
      Specifications:
      - Motherboard: USOPP_SLS (Skylake-H PCH)
      - BIOS: Insyde Corp. v 1.15
      - CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz (Skylake)
      - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GB (Optimus) & Intel HD Graphics 530
      - RAM: SK hynix 4 GB DDR4 (Later I bought + KINGSTON 4 GB) 2133 MHz
      - WiFi + Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A 5 GHz (Later -> Broadcom BRCM94352Z M.2 5 GHz WiFi + 4.0 Bluetooth)
      - Audio: Realtek HD Audio: ALC 255 
      - Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168/8111
      - Card Reader: Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader (USB2.0-CRW)
      - Webcam: HD Webcam
      - HDD: TOSHIBA MQ01ACF032 320 GB HDD
      - SSD: SPCC M.2 230 GB SSD
      - Display: 1366x768 (15.6", Matte)
      - Battery: 6 cell 56Wh / 5040mAh
      - Connectors: 
      1x SD Card Reader 2x USB 3.0 (1x USB Charging), 1x USB 2.0 1x VGA 1x HDMI 1x 3.5mm microphone/audio combined jack connector 1x Ethernet (Rj-45) - Keyboard & Touchpad: Multi-Touch & Multi-gestures ELAN 501 Touchpad, Backlight Keyboard.
      Working:  
      - Wi-Fi (with BCM94352Z)
      - Bluetooth hand-off (With BCM94352Z)
      - Full Graphics enabled on HD 530: ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 (HD 530 Mobile)
      - Display: if default colour profile is corrupted (blue is not actual blue but purplish) Use "Rec. ITU-R BT. 709-5" Color Profile (System Pref. -> Displays -> Color)
      - HDMI & VGA Outputs: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext Clover patch
      - Audio (ALC 255): (Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack with AppleALC, ALCPlugFix -> layout-id=17)
      - Ethernet Realtek 8168/8111: RealtekRTL8111.kext
      - App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud (native)
      - Integrated webcam (native)
      - 3.0 USB (native)
      - Touchpad and Keyboard (ELAN501): Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn-> To fix this try Karabiner (VoodoPS2Controller.kext), - for gestures try SmartTouchpad drivers
      - Battery info: Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with Kext Utility or other installer.
      - Sleep Mode
      - SSD with TRIM enabled (to enable trim, open Terminal and write "sudo trimforce enable")
      Not working:
      - Original Wi-Fi (Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A):  unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle.
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M: Optimus not supported.
      - Card Reader: Unsupported -> Can't really fix because I don't have any SD Card at the moment, maybe can be fixed by adding Prod & Ven IDs to AppleStorageDevices.kext, I never used it anyway. name: "USB2.0-CRW" Prod ID: "0x0129" Ven ID: "0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)"
      For Wi-Fi:
      - 1st method: You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used TP-Link Archer T1U (5GHz support), TP-Link has official macOS drivers, you just need to install it
      - 2nd and I think the best method: Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Z card (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kexts (enabled with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, they're all in my attached zip). You could buy this card from ebay, aliexpress, or amazon

Issues:
      - None
      BIOS Settings:
      - BIOS version 1.15 (irrelevant)
      - Secure Boot: Disabled
      - Touchpad: Advanced
      - Boot mode: UEFI
      Getting ready for Installation:
      - Download the Catalina install zip (bootpack & postinstall): acer_aspire_V591G-55TU_cata.zip
      Installation:
      - Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager)
      - Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder
      - Boot with the Installer USB
      - If you stuck in boot, reboot and in the Clover bootloader select "config_debug.cfg" -> you'll have more informations about the freeze

Please open the README.rtf in my install zip for more informations about the USB Installer & Post installation!
      On Catalina the System folder is read-only, so you need to remount in rw to modify System/Library. 
      If you have a single RAM and getting panic at boot, then you need to edit the "config.plist" with these (SMBIOS->after "Version 1.0"):
      ->Edit "Frequency" and "Size" to match your RAM values
      <key>Version</key> <string>1.0</string> <key>Memory</key> <dict> <key>Channels</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>SlotCount</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Modules</key> <array> <dict> <key>Slot</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Size</key> <integer>8192</integer> <key>Frequency</key> <integer>2133</integer> <key>Type</key> <string>DDR4</string> </dict> </array> </dict> </dict>  
      PowerManagement  fix:
      Set HWPEnable=YES in Clover (already set), CPUFloor to "700", Frequency to "2300" and "3200"(Normal and Turbo, if you have i7-6700HQ version then it should be "2600", "3500") and "FrequencyVectors" from "0x0d000000" to "0x07000000" in "S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C.plist", MSR _xcpm_idle Patch to KernelToPatch in Clover (If you have High Sierra, change "MatchOS" to 10.13):

<key>KernelToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> ILniAAAADzA= </data> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> ILniAAAAkJA= </data> </dict> </array> Reboot, and it's 800MHz in idle state, same on Windows.

Elan SmartTouchpad
      I only use scrolling, one-, double- & tripletap
      If you want to try other gestures go to this link for more informations, options (v4.6.5) ->  DETAILS ABOUT THE SMART TOUCHPAD DRIVER FEATURES
      Fn Brightness keys not working with this, tried several things without success. With VoodoPS2Controller it's working, but you'll have no gestures (neither scrolling).

Before updating to a new version of Catalina please update kexts (and clover if necessary) to newer versions to avoid kernel panics.
      Generate a serial number with Clover Configurator.app (open up your config.plist with CC then -> SMBIOS -> Serial Number -> Generate New)

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot:
      Dual-boot clean install (on one drive), UEFI Only:

Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac),   Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,  Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install.   Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       5.  You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive), UEFI Only:
      If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
      I created a video from this restore method: [Hackintosh] Dual-Boot High Sierra & Windows - when Windows already installed - no data waste - UEFI
      You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (link is in my video's description).
      (You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
       Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.  Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.  Restore from image: select your full system restore image.  When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.  When you successfully booted to Mac desktop, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), open EFI, you will see there is a Microsoft folder already (don't touch that!). Copy my CLOVER folder to the EFI folder then Restart.  Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi       7.  You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
      (Only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:
      - Make sure you have partitions in GPT
      - Windows using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. Don't worry, just ignore the errors.

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      - Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)

IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found):
      - It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem)
      - You also could "mount" the EFI from Windows:
      1st method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      diskpart list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4) sel vol 4 list part (Select System type partition, for example 2) sel part 2 assign letter=b (This will "mount" your EFI partition) Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI) 2nd method: open cmd in administrator mode and type:
      mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Explorer++ or TotalCommander in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI) Thanks to all OSXLatitude members for helping me out! (Jake Lo, Hervé, Bronxteck, black.dragon74)!
      Notes:
      2019.11.03: Enabled SIP caused a lots of issues so now it's disabled -> updated bootpack
      2019.11.02: Updated to 10.15.1 -> no problem when/after installing
      2019.10.09: Installed macOS Catalina 10.15 -> Updated Clover, kexts & config.plist -> no problem so far
      2019.08.18: Updated to 10.14.6 -> no problem when/after installing
      2019.06.01: Updated to 10.14.5 -> no problem when/after installing
      2019.04.25: Optimized touchpad scrolling -> updated install files
      2019.03.30: Fixed USB 3.0 ports, fixed Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> updated bootpack
      2019.03.28: Updated to 10.14.4. Unexpected crashes while updating to 10.14.4 -> fixed by updating Clover to the latest (v4910) version. Bluetooth crashes appeared -> fixed by downgraded Brcm*.kexts. Updated bootpack.
      2019.02.24: Bluetooth crashes after sleep -> fixed, updated bootpack. 
      2019.02.22: Updated to 10.14.3. Fixed HDMI Audio by installing "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext" -> fixed freezing during boot. Fixed brightness levels by installing "AppleBacklightFixup.kext". Also updated bootpack & postinstall zip down in attachments.
      2019.01.21: Removed FakeSMC.kext, SMCHelper-64.efi, replaced by VirtualSMC.kext, VirtualSMC.efi because I got random freezes when booting system (kextd stall[0], (120s): 'AppleACPICPU' -> CPU is at 100%, fans are spinning fast), also updated bootpack in the attachments "acer_aspire_v591g-55tu_clover.zip" -> Freeze continued, brought back FakeSMC, deleted VirtualSMC (caused BT crashes).
      2019.01.18: HDMI Audio is fixed, I didn't do anything HDMI Audio is not fixed, sometimes it worked but most likely not. (no idea why)
      2018.12.09: Updated to 10.14.2 -> did without any complication
      2018.11.28: Fixed combo-jack garbage sound output by installing ALCPlugFix and CodecCommander.kext
      2018.11.01: Updated to 10.14.1 -> HDMI & VGA ports are gone again. -> Fixed by "AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext" rollback from 10.14.
      2018.09.28: Updated to Mojave 10.14 -> Fixed HDMI & VGA Outputs by adding "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" patches to config.plist, HDMI audio not working
    • By Cwtf
      I just made a clean install of High Sierra on a 1TB crucial ssd. Installed clover Clover_v2.5k_r5070 into the EFI of this ssd, but when I tried to make it my default boot drive, the clover screen wouldn't come up, and left a black screen.
      I tried using the Olarilia usb drive and clover did the same thing.  The only way I can currently boot is to use my old drive with clover v2.4k_4945 then select  my new drive from the clover menu.   

Do I need to install v2.4k on my new drive or is there a way I can get v2.5k working?

I have a GA-x79-ud5 motherboard, AMD  rx580 graphics card and use a Sony 4k tv as my monitor.