02-Nov-2016 Update - new bundle posted in the guide

• Updated to Clover r3898
  • Updated VoodooPS2Controller kext
  • ​-- works with Sierra TrackPad PrefPane - thanks to usr-sse2
  • -- removed Info.plist Symbolic links for Keyboard
  • -- has a few more TrackPad and Keyboard parameter tweaks
  • -- removed custom mappings for F1-F15 for Sierra
  • ​-- TrackPoint less jumpy and jittery on T420

TrackPad/Point scrolling in Sierra is still a bit jumpy as compared to El Cap. 

Advertisement

Thanks for the update tluck! Let me give this a try.

So for those who has replaced the trackpad PrefPane used with the one in El Capitan how can put back the Sierra version?

So for those who has replaced the trackpad PrefPane used with the one in El Capitan how can put back the Sierra version?

2 finger tap right click does not work, alt and windows keys have switched places :) E.g. earlier alt-q was quit. Now it's windows - q.

2 finger tap right click does not work, alt and windows keys have switched places :) E.g. earlier alt-q was quit. Now it's windows - q.

Well I recovered the Sierra version of the trackpad prefpane using time machine :) Of course the gestures still don't work.

Thank you so much, tluck

2 finger tap works - aka secondary click - brings up "right" click menu. if you enable it.

what gestures are you saying don't work? not all will work. The Lenovo trackpad cannot do everything an apple magic pad can do. 

so read here and you can see what it can and cannot do

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/pull/90

update: alt-command - needed to swap -  fixed that in the keyboard info.plist - zip is reposted with new file.

Edited by tluck

2 finger tap works - aka secondary click - brings up "right" click menu. if you enable it.

what gestures are you saying don't work? not all will work. The Lenovo trackpad cannot do everything an apple magic pad can do. 

update: alt-command - needed to swap -  fixed that in the keyboard info.plist - zip is reposted with new file.

When I opened after reboot trackpad settings all was working promising, but then I selected different tap within it and the system preferences crashed. I cannot open the trackpad pref pane anymore. Will try to restart the system, to see if I can replicate that.

OK after reboot now I was able to open the pref pane for trackpad, and I was able to see that the more gesture tab was selected, immediately after open it system preferences crashes. So all looks good when using first tab (general settings) and second tab, speed of the pointer. but if switching to more gestures all crashes. will see if I can get this working again. Another reboot.

Hey tluck!

Let me give more explanation here.

1. Touchpad

• 1 finger tap, 2 finger tap works.
  • All the rest does not work. The only way to make work stuff like 3 finger swipe right-left for spaces, and 3 finger swipe up-down for show app windows and show desktop is to bind these movements as keyboard shortcuts. So I just go there and instead of binding a key combination I swipe. The downside is that I lose this functionality binded to the F keys, only touchpad swipe calls them.

post-1647866-0-31091600-1478156053_thumb.png

​2. Keyboard

• Alt/win keys are back to normal
  • With this latest package and with the previous one from yesterday I got back to an unwanted situation I've had on El Capitan and also my wife has on El Capitan with her HP8470p. We use Hungarian keyboard layout. On the T420 the button next to the left shift should type "í" but it now types "0". And "0" went up above the TAB key, next to "1" key. How can I change this?

Thanks.

Very good guide. Thank you again, managed to install 10.11.5 on my t420, now I have a dual boot with 10.9, just to move things over.

Two questions: in 10.11 the fan doesn't seem to throttle up or down, running at about 3530 RPM, even at Idle @48 ˚C, the CPU is stepping correctly.

I'm getting 10% (measured) performance loss in 10.11.5.

Any thoughts?

So you have two versions of OS X on the same drive? I have Yosemite installed on the first partition of an SSD (half size), and wanted to play with El Capitan or newer on the second empty half. Anything to look out for before doing that?

Thanks

@somez 

Hey tluck!

Let me give more explanation here.

1. Touchpad

• All the rest does not work. The only way to make work stuff like 3 finger swipe right-left for spaces, and 3 finger swipe up-down for show app windows and show desktop is to bind these movements as keyboard shortcuts. So I just go there and instead of binding a key combination I swipe. The downside is that I lose this functionality binded to the F keys, only touchpad swipe calls them.

​2. Keyboard

• With this latest package and with the previous one from yesterday I got back to an unwanted situation I've had on El Capitan and also my wife has on El Capitan with her HP8470p. We use Hungarian keyboard layout. On the T420 the button next to the left shift should type "í" but it now types "0". And "0" went up above the TAB key, next to "1" key. How can I change this?

1. TrackPad. gestures i will have to do some research on this to see exactly what works and how it is implemented. some new code was added and i will have to see how it different.

2. 0 vs i.

i am not sure on this, i see very little code change in keyboard. BUT perhaps this change in code may be the reason? 

layout defined as unknown ascii and now M90 in newer code - which is apple magic BT keyboard and -  may have "tilda" in different location.

i can re-compile the keyboard it for you to test.

$ diff OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/VoodooPS2Keyboard/VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp usr-sse2-OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-
Controller/VoodooPS2Keyboard/VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp

94c95
< #define APPLEPS2KEYBOARD_DEVICE_TYPE 3   // Unknown ANSI keyboard
---
> #define APPLEPS2KEYBOARD_DEVICE_TYPE 44   // Apple M90 Wireless keyboard

@davidian

very easy to have 2 versions of OS X/macOS on the same disk. for example, i have sierra and el cap on my main HD (disk0). clover will allow you select which volume to boot from. Note: i removed the 2nd recovery partition for the 2nd OS as the installers like to create one. OSX+ is sierra and OSX is el cap (bare bones for testing)

$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *512.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS OSX+                    481.9 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
   4:                  Apple_HFS OSX                     29.2 GB    disk0s4

@somez 

1. TrackPad. gestures i will have to do some research on this to see exactly what works and how it is implemented. some new code was added and i will have to see how it different.

2. 0 vs i.

i am not sure on this, i see very little code change in keyboard. BUT perhaps this change in code may be the reason? 

layout defined as unknown ascii and now M90 in newer code - which is apple magic BT keyboard and -  may have "tilda" in different location.

i can re-compile the keyboard it for you to test.

$ diff OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/VoodooPS2Keyboard/VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp usr-sse2-OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-
Controller/VoodooPS2Keyboard/VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp

94c95
< #define APPLEPS2KEYBOARD_DEVICE_TYPE 3   // Unknown ANSI keyboard
---
> #define APPLEPS2KEYBOARD_DEVICE_TYPE 44   // Apple M90 Wireless keyboard

@davidian

very easy to have 2 versions of OS X/macOS on the same disk. for example, i have sierra and el cap on my main HD (disk0). clover will allow you select which volume to boot from. Note: i removed the 2nd recovery partition for the 2nd OS as the installers like to create one. OSX+ is sierra and OSX is el cap (bare bones for testing)

$ diskutil list

I would be happy to try that re-compiled version. Thanks a lot.

@davidian

$ diskutil list

Thank you for the info, will give that a try.

@somez - can you try this kext to fix key issue?

It worked! :) Thanks a lot. Now I just have to keep in mind to replace this when you update your new package.

By the way, I don't know what happened but my network interfaces look messed-up since yesterday.

post-1647866-0-71157200-1478240899_thumb.png

My wifi connections are showing as Bluetooth PAN. WiFi is working though...

@somez - great. dont worry about the kext - this version and fix will be in the future bundles - the ANSII layout is best for the Lenono.

i had the same weird thing happen to me once with the network interfaces. i dont remember what i did, but i probably deleted the interfaces and rebooted.

@somez - great. dont worry about the kext - this version and fix will be in the future bundles - the ANSII layout is best for the Lenono.

i had the same weird thing happen to me once with the network interfaces. i dont remember what i did, but i probably deleted the interfaces and rebooted.

Ok, thanks tluck.

Well, I might try deleting all the interfaces hoping they will come back upon reboot :)

Guys, here is a theoretical question. Is it possible to measure if my system is performing as expected from a T420 hackintosh?

I've seen comments earlier that some people can measure "performance loss" or something similar. How do you do this?

geekbench3 is good - interestingly the i5-2520M is basic unit of measure - so one should get values around 2500/5000 single/multi-proc performance.i ran it and got 2282/5069 on sierra - not bad. 

FYI, I loaded 10.12.2 beta, and the Safari scrolling is smooth.

geekbench3 is good - interestingly the i5-2520M is basic unit of measure - so one should get values around 2500/5000 single/multi-proc performance.i ran it and got 2282/5069 on sierra - not bad. 

FYI, I loaded 10.12.2 beta, and the Safari scrolling is smooth.

I got 2358/5098, so I guess mine is ok as well. However it's quite miserable when I compare to other Macs from 2011 :)

Thanks.

It worked! :) Thanks a lot. Now I just have to keep in mind to replace this when you update your new package.

By the way, I don't know what happened but my network interfaces look messed-up since yesterday.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-04 at 7.33.18.png

My wifi connections are showing as Bluetooth PAN. WiFi is working though...

I managed to solve this just as tluck advised.

I deleted all devices under Network, rebooted and then had to add a WiFi device because the list was still empty. Once I turned on Bluetooth from the menu, that device has appeared on it's own. 

Hi @tluck, is the trackpad pref pane really working. On my W520 systems preferences crashes each time I try to open trackpad pref pane. ( I'm using latest zip from Nov 4th).

Error:

"System Preferences quit unexpectedly"

I have recently noticed a lot of entries in console related to cssm. On T420 as well as W520.

Are you having same issue?

See screenshot for details.

post-690819-0-82212800-1478480945_thumb.png

Well it works on my T420 and T460.

That's interesting. It works great on my T420. It fails however on W520. I'm using same image on both except the ACPI and config.plist (MB10.1 on W520).

UltraNavBundle.kext - if you use trakpoint as your main device use this kext - it is in this topic uploaded by me.

Could you please post it again? i can't find it

ah, found it, it's on page 143, here's the link if anyone has the same problem

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285678-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-with-uefi-only/page-143?do=findComment&comment=2298876

ThinkpadUltraNaviBundle.kext

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now