1. glasgood

glasgood

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zkingtut
      Hello Everyone ,,

I'd  like to share with you my experience with Lenovo ThinkPad P50 ( EFI , and Installation Process with some tips ) Hopefully to be useful for anyone who own Lenovo ThinkPad P50 

Before start I want to show you my device specs , and I'm  sure 99% this will work too with any P50 have different spec. specially Intel i7 CPUs:

- Intel Xeon E-3 1535 v5 ( P530 Intel HD Graphics )
      - 32 GB RAM
      - 256 GB SK Hynix Nvme SSD pc401 hfs256gd9tng-62a0a - for Mac OS  ( be careful not all nvme ssd are compatible)
      - 256 GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD - for Windows 
      - 4K Screen 
      - Nvidia Quadro M2000M 4 GB ( Useless - Disabled )
      - Intel WiFi Card ( Should be change to a compatible Broadcom one )

BIOS SETUP :

I highly recommend this steps before going to BIOS SETUP according to my experience with this Laptop :

*( Update your BIOS Firmware to the latest one using windows )

*( Remove Battery , Open the back cover and unplug the small CMOS BATTERY for about  4~5 minutes and put everything back again )

* ( Remove any SSD HDD Nvme disks , USB , DisplayPort , Dock .. etc during installation, keep only the target Disk )

-------------------------------------------
      Now Power your PC and Press F1 to enter the BIOS SETUP

- Reset BIOS to its defaults
         - Adjust Date and Time 
         - Config ----> Network ---> Wake Up on Lan ( AC Only )
                                                         Network Stack ( Disabled )

- USB ----> USB UEFI support  ( Enabled)

- Display ------> Total Graphic Memory (256 MB)
                                     Graphic Device ( Hybrid)

- RAID -----> Disabled

- Security -----> Security Chip Selection ( Discrete TPM )
                                     Secure BOOT ( Disabled )
                                     Intel SGX Control ( Software Control )

- Start Up ------>BOOT Priority order ( USB HDD - Mac OS Disk - Windows - and so on ....... with this order )
                                     UEFI/Legacy ( UEFI Only )
                                     CSM Support  ( NO )
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**   F1 to Enter Bios - F12 for Boot Menu
      ***   Delete the EFI Folder in your Installation USB and replace it with the Attached one 
      ****   Generate new serial for SMBIOS MacBook Pro 13.1
      *****    If your CPU is XEON then go to Config.plist CPU Section and Add 0x05A5 under Type ( Fix for Unknown CPU )
      ****** You can delete boot-args "brcmfx=1 & brcmfx-driver=#a" if you want , I used it in my case with 1820A card to fix wifi issue
      ******    After you successfully installed OS , now Copy the same EFI Folder to your main EFI Boot Disk Partition 
      *******    Now install all the attached KEXTS to "Library / Extensions"  using Hackintool.app or by any method and rebuild cache and repair permissions
      ********    Check and compare the KEXTS in Library/ Extensions and Delete the repeated ones from Clover / Kexts / Others ( Important don't duplicate the same kexts here and there )

FYI : LiluFriend.kext include ( Lilu , WhatEverGreen, AppleALC , AirportBrcmFixup ) All In One 

You are Done 
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is working :

- 4K Intel HD P530 2048 MB 
      - AUDIO
      - CAMERA 
      - ALL USB 3 PORTS , NO THUNDERBOLTS 
      - Keyboard and TouchPad 
      - Battery indicator 
      - Display Brightness 
      - Sleep 
      - DSDT has been patched , USB Ports modified only to MacBookPro 13.1

See the Screen Shot 

Important Notice For Future OS Updates Installations : 

To avoid Kernel Panic during install any future updates process please remove ( FakeSMC.kext and LiluFriend.kext ) from Library/Extensions directory to Clover / Kexts / Others .
      After update process finish put them back to Library/Extensions and delete them from clover . I hope this is clear enough
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Hackintosh , Let me know if you have any issue or difficulties during installation or later , I will try to help you

*** Headphone Audio Distortions Fix ***

- just in case having this issue with headphones , go to clover >  Devices > Properties > and change Audio Layout Id from 03000000 to 16000000 this means ( from Layout ID  3 to Layout ID 22 )

if this is not enough then place Codeccommander.kext in Library/ Extensions or Clover / kexts / other
      And place hda-verb and Jack fix to usr/bin folder
      In Catalina use this command to enable disk read and write ( sudo mount -uw / ) and show hidden files to see usr/ bin folder and place fixes there... audio will be fixed successfully 

** P50 4K ICC Color Profile Calibrated **
      You can download this icc and install it for more color accurate or modify it for the best result 

EDITED :

Catalina 10.15.1 Update :
                     ( download the attached files for Catalina 10.15.1 if you like to update Mojave or to do a clean fresh update  )

EFI.zip
      kexts.zip

Distortions fix.zip
      CodecCommander.kext.zip
      Color Profile Calibrated.zip
    • By tluck
      Lenovo T460 macOS with Clover Guide
      Latest Release on GitHub (November 2019) Updated to Clover r5099 Updated Lilu based kexts - Lilu, ALC, WEG Added acidanthera VoodooPS2 kext v2.0.4 moved the older 1.9 to the Misc Folder as an option.
        Various Tweaks over Last months The zip file is a complete Clover ESP (/EFI) bundle and kext pack for the Lenovo T460. The current file bundle is tested on Sierra. 
      Note: I never got the GFX fully working on El Capitan. 
      Full Clover file set - config.plist etc. Includes all custom kexts Includes custom DSDT/SSDT scripts and patches Utility scripts The zip bundles are posted to GitHub: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases
      Caveat: The T460 systems used here was configured with: i5-6300U, Intel HD Graphics 520, 1920x1080 touch screen. If you have a different system model, then extract the ACPI files and use the included scripts to create a set of files consistent with your system type and BIOS version. See below for details.
      Credits: RehabMan, Shmilee, vusun123, TimeWalker, Mieze from which, much of their work and help is/was was used to get the T460 to this point.
      Devices and aspects working:
      Ethernet -  Intel I219LM is enabled via IntelMausiEthernext.kext WiFi/BT - substitute the Intel WiFi/BT with a compatible Broadcom or Atheros chip Audio - ALC293 codec implemented via AppleALC.kext (the old AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander kexts are not needed) PS2 - ClickPad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - using a modified VoodooPS2Controller to support new layouts - and added some custom Fn key maps based on 440/450 dsdt USB - implemented via custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext. All USB3/USB2 ports are intel-based and work -  3 external USB and internal Camera, BT, etc  Sleep/Wake - the sleepwatcher package and custom sleep/wake scripts are used to help with sleep/wake for BT and PS2 devices. Note: have not tried to implement the SD card reader - no driver found.
      ACPI Files
      New Installation - Steps and Details
      Part 1 - OS Installation
      Part 2- Post OS Installation and Setup
      Notes on Custom Kexts

• By Aldaro
      Gigabyte, in their infinite wisdom, decided to remove the option to disable serial ports, and not being able to do so has been causing me some problems. I know that I have to either use a patch in clover, or create a custom SSDT to disable super I/O, but I honestly do not know how to go about doing this. One of the weirder problems I'm experiencing is the inability to connect to Apple Music (error 11556) unless I go into my network settings, and delete my serial connection. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be greatly appreciated; anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this.

SPECS:
      Mobo GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING (UEFI F8)
      CPU: i5 9600k
      RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz
      GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 w/ 8GB of VRAM (MSI armor oc edition)
      Storage Samsung 970 evo 500GB
    • By cvad
      View File Bootdisk Utility
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.

Enjoy...

For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.

Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders