AMD Radeon 6670 blackscreens after booting

srsx

8 posts in this topic

Hi

Two things I'd like to clarify!

* I cannot get to the login / configure screen

* It goes black, black, as in my monitor says 'Monitor going into sleep mode'

I installed Niresh 12495's 10.8 install with no modifications, and after booting verbose once, I read:

cannot load kext com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

I reinstalled with and without choosing my card from the list and I get the same thing

Ideas? :[

Thanks.

Update:

Vendor ID: 1002

Device ID: 6753

I followed the guide perfectly updated all of the plists with my devid/vendor id, and it still goes blank.

I remembered to repair permissions too

EDIT: The permissions the disk perm checker has seems to revert itself after I close Disk Utility.

Hello, I have this same problem, in a way. For ages I just left it as the default GraphicsEnabler=No (in both Lion and ML) because everytime I'd try to fix the whole 6xxx in info it'd do the Black screen bit. The way i fixed it was to do all above (set the driver kext, Bulrushes, Ati ports=3 and GraphicsE=yes after this It booted into the normal black screen. I figured i'd try different wires.. cause you know, who knows if it's actually going to go out through HDMI or VGA. Nothing worked. What ended up working was hooking both DVI and HDMI up at the same time and have them both go to my monitor. Unplug one they both go out, So that's my fix. after that i set the screen to mirror. in case it woke up on the opposite connection. until i get another monitor.

post-1094073-0-28820900-1358639191_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

do I understand correctly - you do the unplug EVERYTIME you boot OS X?

BTW, I have two mons, 1 at HDMI, 1 at DVi. Black screen on both unless I choose GraphicsEnabler=No (which delivers full QE/Ci and DVD Player launch DESPITE of generic ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer via ioreg | grep ATY.

Hello, I have this same problem, in a way. For ages I just left it as the default GraphicsEnabler=No (in both Lion and ML) because everytime I'd try to fix the whole 6xxx in info it'd do the Black screen bit. The way i fixed it was to do all above (set the driver kext, Bulrushes, Ati ports=3 and GraphicsE=yes after this It booted into the normal black screen. I figured i'd try different wires.. cause you know, who knows if it's actually going to go out through HDMI or VGA. Nothing worked. What ended up working was hooking both DVI and HDMI up at the same time and have them both go to my monitor. Unplug one they both go out, So that's my fix. after that i set the screen to mirror. in case it woke up on the opposite connection. until i get another monitor.