Acer Aspire 8930G Card reader fix

Spiiral

11 posts in this topic

Hi there, this is the last thing I have to fix now, then I'll have a fully working Hackintosh.

I'm trying to get the SD card reader working. I have tried a few kexts but they don't work or I'm doing something wrong. Before I installed any kexts, plugging in an SDHC card would do nothing, now after trying some kexts, I now get the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" The card works fine when I boot up in Windows and also in my camera.

Any ideas?

Repairing permission,... will let you know if it works or not

EDIT: Not working. I installed the kext using 'Kext Wizard' and then repaired the permissions and rebuilt system cache S/L/E then rebooted. I don't get any message popping up either

you need edit your device id from your USB hub in decimal for the kext work , or look this one :Just for reference, you can take a look here > http://www.kexts.com....eviceid-s.html or here from here > http://www.kexts.com....rd_driver.html

OK, I'm a little lost as to where I enter the Device and vendor ID. Could you please point it out please.

Or if you don't mind, could you edit the info.plist for me and upload? Here are my ID's

Ven ID - 197b

Dev ID - 2381

Dev ID - 2382

Dev ID - 2383

Dev ID - 2384

Hi, thanks for the kext Alex. I managed to get to the same stage as you last night, only having it recognised when it's in when starting up. But being a photographer, I need to be able to open SD cards when I please without having to restart the laptop.

I'll ask around and see if anyone can modify the kext. If I get a working one, I'll let you know.

Unfortunately, I haven't found useful information. Do you think AnyCardReader.kext will be working on our computer. In article had been shown about USB-cardreaders. But our cardreaders are closely conected with device called RP05.

Would you mind to say how to put Device-id at this kext or make it yourself?

Thanks in advanced!

• 2 months later...