eep357

iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

112 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Thanks that works

What exactly worked? Please can you explain the procedure exactly? Thx.

Thats the formula to use Apples services

MLB =>   Hardware type == Hardware type   <= Serial number

Requirements

​All these values should be persistent:

• Proper Hardware UUiD
  • Proper SMUIID
  • Proper MLB
  • Proper Serial Number
  • Proper ROM
  • Matching hardware type from MLB and Serial Number. 

I recommend to read this thread about iMessage Fix. There is no simple work around anymore.

What exactly worked? Please can you explain the procedure exactly? Thx.

Thats the formula to use Apples services

MLB =>   Hardware type == Hardware type   <= Serial number

Requirements

​All these values should be persistent:

• Proper Hardware UUiD
  • Proper SMUIID
  • Proper MLB
  • Proper Serial Number
  • Proper ROM
  • Matching hardware type from MLB and Serial Number. 

I recommend to read this thread about iMessage Fix. There is no simple work around anymore.

The only thing that is required is a registered ROM and MLB nothing else.

The only thing that is required is a registered ROM and MLB nothing else.

For now, until Apple will add more checks.

Wonder when people will start to do things proper, but as I did read on other topic, a proper hackintosh is boring, guess people like to rediscover the wheel each time Apple adds more security checks or blocks some features.

For now, until Apple will add more checks.

Wonder when people will start to do things proper, but as I did read on other topic, a proper hackintosh is boring, guess people like to rediscover the wheel each time Apple adds more security checks or blocks some features.

If you know the proper way then please enlighten us

If you know the proper way then please enlighten us

You quoted the proper way earlier from holyfield

Also I said here what is required: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2092872

If was missed I will repeat here:

On Apple everything is tight with model/family starting with ROM and ending with subsystem id...

I saw people using random ROM/MLB from mac's total ignoring what I said, sooner or later they will found out that was wrong.

There is no easy way, if you want to clone a mac, then do it proper!

You quoted the proper way earlier from holyfield

Also I said here what is required: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2092872

If was missed I will repeat here:

On Apple everything is tight with model/family starting with ROM and ending with subsystem id...

I saw people using random ROM/MLB from mac's total ignoring what I said, sooner or later they will found out that was wrong.

There is no easy way, if you want to clone a mac, then do it proper!

oh ok mybad I thought you was saying we was doing the wrong way the entire time, misunderstanding!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyberdevs
      iMessage Fixer is an application which helps you to completely reset your iMessage and FaceTime settings. This app will remove all the preferences related to iMessage and iCloud account from your system and it will also remove the NetworkInterface preferences from your system, so please use with caution.

Your iMessage history will be erased and you might need to sing back in in iMessage and FaceTime.
    • By fusion71au
      Clover r4542 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 14 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4542 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4542-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By rio2
      I recently installed High Sierra on my Ryzen system, just to find out how crappy the USB situation really is on AMD systems. The only choice is basically most of your ports flat out not working or GenericUSBXHCI crashing every time you pull out a thumbdrive. So after some trial and error here are my findings.
      The USB ports controlled by the XHCI controller on the SoC worked fine, but the ones attached to the chipset XHCI controller didn't.
      That's when I looked at the log and saw these lines:
      PTXH@00000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB 03.10 PTXH@00000000: AppleUSBXHCIPCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1 It turns out that for some reason the AppleXHCIPCI driver doesn't support the first two ports on the B350 chipset (made by ASMedia) USB controller. And after the driver fails to allocate port 1 it just stops and doesn't even look at the rest of the ports. So I first tried commenting out the first two ports from the DSDT and that worked and made all the other ports show app in the IOService tree. Than I quickly tested all the USB ports and it turns out that the 2 problematic ports aren't even wired to anything. But instead of editing the DSDT I wanted a cleaner solution, because I don't want to re-edit my DSDT every time I update the BIOS or change some BIOS settings.

So here is my small SSDT that disables the stock PTXH device and adds a new device XHCI, that has all the ports needed for my board (ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS).
      DefinitionBlock ("SSDT-PRIME-B350-PLUS.aml", "SSDT", 1, "APPLE", "tinySSDT", 0x00000006) { External (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2, DeviceObj) External (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2.PTXH, DeviceObj) Scope (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2.PTXH) { Name (_STA, Zero) } Scope (\_SB_.PCI0.GPP2) { Device (XHCI) { Name (_ADR, Zero) Device (RHUB) { Name (_ADR, Zero) // USB3.1 back panel Device (PRT1) { Name (_ADR, 0x5) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT2) { Name (_ADR, 0x6) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } // USB3.0 front panel Device (PRT3) { Name (_ADR, 0x7) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT4) { Name (_ADR, 0x8) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, 0x03, Zero, Zero }) } // USB2.0 Device (PRT5) { Name (_ADR, 0x9) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT6) { Name (_ADR, 0xa) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT7) { Name (_ADR, 0xb) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT8) { Name (_ADR, 0xc) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRT9) { Name (_ADR, 0xd) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } Device (PRTA) { Name (_ADR, 0xe) Name (_UPC, Package (0x04) { 0xFF, Zero, Zero, Zero }) } } } } } Please note that this is just an example and it most likely needs to be changed for your board.
    • By bojarek8
      Hi! 

I'm Kris!  I hope my topic is in a good section.
      I am asking you guys for help in this difficult hackintosh problem. 
      For a very long time I tried to solve it myself but I have no idea how I can solve this problem.

Description of the problem

My problem is that I do not have access to any apple service. I am unable to log into the App Store using my Apple ID. I am unable to log into iCloud account in system preferences. iMessage and Facetime also do not work.  Messages that I get when I try to log in: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 

in iMessage: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 
      in App Store: "This device or computer can not be verified. Contact the support department for help"
      in Face Time: "There was an error during activation. Try again"

In summary, I am unable to log in to any apple network service. 

My Specification 

Motherboard:  Acer MG43M

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  E7600  3.06GHz

Graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 515MB 

Wi-fi: TP-LINK  TL-WN881ND

Ethernet: (not supported) 

Audio: (rather, it is not needed here)

Files: 

My config.plist: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vlYJC329sz6yuTwFr-k0fOs3rfhKeI6l