eep357

iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

112 posts in this topic

nope. ivy bridge laptop bios h2o insyde. try standard install, with patches, without, with dsdt, without. nothing can make even go to the clover boot screen. now install clovergrower and with the newest release, same thing but does not appear the 7 anymore. just black screen with a underline blinking in the left upper corner.

any help please!

Advertisement

I was able to get everything working perfectly, EXCEPT my cinema led out of the displayport. I can plug a different monitor into DVI2 to get two monitors working, but the displayport/cinema led will not work. iMessage really isn't that important compared to getting my main screen back, so:

Does anyone have any idea how to remove Clover?!

Read Slice's post 2 above your's

@mendietinha-Not sure what you issue may be, my brother had problem with getting it to start from USB and from hard drive when on a non-Intel SATA3 port, but worked OK from HD on Intel SATA2. Clover forums would be your best resource, the ones here and at projectosx86.com

@mendietinha, I have read some user experiences where changing USB stick to newer one or trying different USB ports would help. Or even sometimes changing some options in BIOS regarding those USB ports.

works perfect. Some problems with clover (my config.plist changes are ignored... :hammer: ), but its booting with raid0 and uefi now. Thanks.

works perfect. Some problems with clover (my config.plist changes are ignored... :hammer: ), but its booting with raid0 and uefi now. Thanks.

Perhaps it's because of an incorrect plist format. Open the file with a proper editor, like the one in Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Hi all!

If some of you are having problems with iMessage even after the clover fix, something about calling apple customer service, that's a simple trick that i found out by accident that appears to have solved the issue for me: log with your Apple ID in a legit Apple iOS or OSX device. Did it, tried again the clover fix, all joy.

Best regards!

Perhaps it's because of an incorrect plist format. Open the file with a proper editor, like the one in Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Thank you for the tip but nothing changed. "Timeout" and some Partition Hide functions arent working, but stuff like the monitor resolution is working... strange.

Sorry for offtopic :king:

Thank you for the tip but nothing changed. "Timeout" and some Partition Hide functions arent working, but stuff like the monitor resolution is working... strange.

Timeout is changed in refit.config and not config.plist, also since config.plist can load from many locations, check boot.log to be sure it's loading the one you are expecting it to.

Timeout is changed in refit.config and not config.plist, also since config.plist can load from many locations, check boot.log to be sure it's loading the one you are expecting it to.

Its loading. I used the right refit.config and i get the "Hide Partition" function to work with:

<key>Volumes</key>

<dict>

<key>DefaultBootVolume</key>

<string>Macintosh HD RAID</string>

<key>HideAllLegacy</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>HideExternalUEFI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>HideInternalUEFI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>HideOpticalUEFI</key>

<string>No</string>

</dict>

But when its booting i get a blank black screen and i can only use my keyboard to get to GUI and select one of my 2 RAID0 drives to boot.

check for unclosed <keys> that is what killed mine

HBP

Getting a different problem here, I didn't see anybody else see the same, seems these are from Clover though.

Switched over to clover using the fixed. and viola! It works. I can now use iMessage again, however I noticed 2 things at least:

1. My clock keeps becoming off, It has gotten as far as 15 mins behind until I fixed it, I just resync the times.

2. I have to unplug my USB keyboard, to select a boot hd, and then move it again to get it to work after being booted, any ideas?

I already had Clover R1000 installed when I found this was a problem for me. I modified the config.plist file on the EFI partition only by adding the keys noted below with the following procedure:

1. Open a terminal screen

2. mkdir /volumes/efi

3. sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /volumes/efi (use whatever hard disk name is appropriate for you)

4. nano -w /volumes/efi/config.plist

5. Paste in the following. Change the serial number

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

<string>W88GG136DHJQ13579</string>

</dict>

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>

<key>SerialNumber</key>

<string>W88GG136DHJQ13579</string>

</dict>

6. Modify the serial number "W88...." to match yours, and add five random digits. I added 13579 to my existing serial number. I got my serial from "About this Mac" > "More info..." Don't know if the original serial number is important or not and I didn't care to find out.

7. Save file.

8. Rebooted and logged in successfully.

Are there possibilities to do that fix in chameleon?

I think somebody will make the fix (like for facetime), or they just copy the fix from clover, and then that will integrated into chameleon.

(waiting for this too)

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I'm stable with Clover and my system runs well. But I can't seem to get this iMessage thing fixed. I'm using a patched DSDT.aml, ALC8xxHDA.kext, AppleRTC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, and JMicron36xeSATA.kext on a Gigabyte EX58-UD5.

This is my config.plist (where the XXXXXXXXXXX represents the SN):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
 <key>boot-args</key>
 <string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
 <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
 <string>en:0</string>
 <key>InjectSystemID</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>LegacyBoot</key>
 <string>PBR</string>
 <key>DefaultBootVolume</key>
 <string>256M41</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
 <key>Speed</key>
 <string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
 <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
 <dict>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>gAeoAqAF</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>gAeoAjgE</data>
 </dict>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXX12345</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXX12345</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Am I off on syntax or is it something else? Thanks.

for me is ok!!! put your serial and test if work, if not work try change your Apple Passw, this work for me

Has anyone else noticed that after using the clover fix, there's now a boot.log and nvram.plist on the root of the boot driver after reboots?

Has anyone else noticed that after using the clover fix, there's now a boot.log and nvram.plist on the root of the boot driver after reboots?

yes, its autogenerated

Chameleon has fixed this issue :D

I installed chameleon 2171 with that fileNVram module, and now iMessage says that my Apple ID can't be used for iMessage this time, and there is a button which is to register my appleid throught some phone number... Anyone else getting this?

New Chameleon not working still...

I ended up reloading my hack. Something with the Clover fix was left behind, and I couldn't get the Chameleon fix to work.

Now, it works great.