eep357

iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

112 posts in this topic

Advertisement

eep357 (or any other Clover user),

While I'm planning my Sunday bootloader project, in your experience is it necessary to de-authorize a computer in iTunes before switching over? Will any of the iCloud/iTunes authorizations need to be re-done if I keep the same values I'm using in Chameleon (more or less, I realize the iMessage fix requires an added value) or have you seen this be a sufficient change to require another authorization with Apple?

My shuffling with onboard versus PCI ethernet cards last summer left me in a funky state where I have 4 computers and 5 used authorizations and I need to wait a bit still before I can reset them all!

I am unsuccessful with installing clover. I executed the command line and it fails. Can someone post the package to make this a bit simpler? My script error is "line 249: base tools: unbound variable"

eep357 (or any other Clover user),

While I'm planning my Sunday bootloader project, in your experience is it necessary to de-authorize a computer in iTunes before switching over? Will any of the iCloud/iTunes authorizations need to be re-done if I keep the same values I'm using in Chameleon (more or less, I realize the iMessage fix requires an added value) or have you seen this be a sufficient change to require another authorization with Apple?

My shuffling with onboard versus PCI ethernet cards last summer left me in a funky state where I have 4 computers and 5 used authorizations and I need to wait a bit still before I can reset them all!

iTunes will ask you to re-authorize, and then will say "this computers already been authorized" like it always does as long as your not making major changes. Keep same SMBIOS values and serial, it will be fine.

after the 7 appears, just wait like 2-3 mins, trust me. It's just having a little trouble reading something on there, but will come up eventually.

i waited for about 25 min and nothing happens. i can try install in my hdd but, need a fix for the boot1 error.

i waited for about 25 min and nothing happens. i can try install in my hdd but, need a fix for the boot1 error.

see here http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2304&st=80 for Slice's answer to your question, but not asked by you :)

I am unsuccessful with installing clover. I executed the command line and it fails. Can someone post the package to make this a bit simpler? My script error is "line 249: base tools: unbound variable"

Once a pkg is made, people will download it, and since this is new fix/first revision, they won't get needed updates or improvements if/when released. It really is better to build it, and you'll want the ability so you can update in the future as well. Check line 249 using a text editor (preferably Text Wrangler or similar that has lines numbered). Should have
echob "  Make EDK II Revision $basetools BaseTools"

with the "" being present, fix it if needed. If already correct, try reinstalling xcode command line tools and verify all your file permissions are correct (home's download folder too which is not checked by Disk Utility), unless dmazar has other suggestions

I'm no Clover guru and Google knows more than I do :)

thanks, but what i know about boot1 is copy boot1h from the bootloader to a usb, enter the instalation, unmount the osx partition and in the terminal, copy the boot1h to the osx partition from the usb. i did it and remains the boot1 error. i have installed in a mbr scheme.

thanks.

thanks, but what i know about boot1 is copy boot1h from the bootloader to a usb, enter the instalation, unmount the osx partition and in the terminal, copy the boot1h to the osx partition from the usb. i did it and remains the boot1 error. i have installed in a mbr scheme.

thanks.

Make sure using all (assuming 64bit) files only

Clovers "core" center seems to be manipulation of "config.plist".

I've done to config. for basic use.

exactly, it's boot.plist, smbios.plist and just about any other plist you can think of, all rolled up in one big config :)

Works great for getting iMessage working.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my ALC892 working again. :hammer:

i am so nowhere near an expert, but wouldnt putting your old DSDT.aml in / fix that?

i am so nowhere near an expert, but wouldnt putting your old DSDT.aml in / fix that?

I'm not an expert either, but I don't believe I was using a DSDT

All I had to do was load the kext previously with chameleon

FYI you can instal it and boot it via USB login to iMessage then revert back to chameleon. Incase you don't want to run Clover and keep Chameleon.

or install the kext you were using from /Extra to /System/Library/Extensions, or copy to Clover's kext folder for 10.8, or..other stuff too, probably :)

or install the kext you were using from /Extra to /System/Library/Extensions, or copy to Clover's kext folder for 10.8, or..other stuff too, probably :)

Tried both, it actually loads the kext successfully but no audio device :wallbash:

It's very possible that I just have no idea what I'm doing :o

FYI you can instal it and boot it via USB login to iMessage then revert back to chameleon. Incase you don't want to run Clover and keep Chameleon.

This is what I'm currently doing, but I prefer to get it working so I can install it to the startup disk and use Clover instead of Chameleon.

Once a pkg is made, people will download it, and since this is new fix/first revision, they won't get needed updates or improvements if/when released. It really is better to build it, and you'll want the ability so you can update in the future as well.

While I do agree that it's better to build it, I think the way Clover works means that once someone builds it the latest installer gets moved to Sourceforge?

i format the usb in mbr fat32 one partition, do a standard instalation, put the info needed at the end of the config but simply appears that 7 and nothing happens even if i let one hour. cant get rid of the boot1 error if i install in the hdd... so i think im stuck. will have to wait for another fix...

i cant even get to the bootloader interface.

I know that this is the iMessage thread but hopefully this will get some eyes on it and help me solve this problem

This is on a USB stick not a HDD

eep357 has been very helpful in getting a working config.plist going for my setup. The issue now is it seem like clover is not looking to that at all, is there a specific way you have to build the USB stick for it to work?

For example when I go into options it doesnt respect any of the parameters that have been set in the config.plist

Thanks for all the hard work and research... it works on my iMac12,1 hack. Will try to switch to clover as the primary bootloader in my free time...

No luck here but it is obviously a clover issue, I am getting kernel panics on start up. Good to know there is a solution to the Message problem though.

Both my Hackintoshes currently have Chameleon 2.1 bootloader and MBR-style partitions. Can I just migrate to Clover without expecting problems or will the MBR partition scheme give issues? I also read that you can boot Clover in EFI mode and in BIOS mode, does this method absolutely require the use of EFI mode?

Both my Hackintoshes currently have Chameleon 2.1 bootloader and MBR-style partitions. Can I just migrate to Clover without expecting problems or will the MBR partition scheme give issues? I also read that you can boot Clover in EFI mode and in BIOS mode, does this method absolutely require the use of EFI mode?

If you read Clover instructions thread more carefully you may notice that using boot1h2 you have a choice to boot Clover or Chameleon located on the same partition.

Снимок экрана 2013-01-11 в 16.26.14.png

I was able to get everything working perfectly, EXCEPT my cinema led out of the displayport. I can plug a different monitor into DVI2 to get two monitors working, but the displayport/cinema led will not work. iMessage really isn't that important compared to getting my main screen back, so:

Does anyone have any idea how to remove Clover?!