New hardware problem since upgrade to 10.4.7

5 posts in this topic

My wireless-G card used to run native in Mac OS (when I was running 10.4.4). I decided to upgrade to the newest version possible by using the ISO I found on Demonoid.com. It was the 10.4.7 JaS ISO Repack...

Anyway, in 10.4.4 my card was recognized as an AirPort card and I had it configured to connect to my wireless network and it was a snap. Now, it doesn't work natively. Anyone with a solution to this problem, or maybe a help idea to contribute, great. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again...

-Chris

You could try to mount the 10.4.7 iso and use pacifist to open the Essentials.pkg in /system/library/packages/

Once you have the package open in pacifist,do a search for IO80211Family.kext. This is the 4.4 extension that were working for you before.

I can't say it will work,but it is something to try.

You could try to mount the 10.4.7 iso and use pacifist to open the Essentials.pkg in /system/library/packages/

Once you have the package open in pacifist,do a search for IO80211Family.kext. This is the 4.4 extension that were working for you before.

I can't say it will work,but it is something to try.

Thanks JaS. I'll try that when I get home. Do you mean mount the ISO in Windows and search for the .kext? Or mount the ISO on the Mac? Appreciate the help..

Just FYI everyone, I switched back to 10.4.4 with the included update to 10.4.5 and my wireless card (F5D7000 ver. 5000) works perfectly. So whoever was doing the survey on what hardware works with what, then you can add that to the list. I wanted to keep 10.4.7 but it was just too buggy and whats the point of having a Hackintosh if you can't get on the internet. Thanks for your help JaS...