CodeRush

[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

1,988 posts in this topic

Advertisement

With a little luck, patching a securecore tiano on dell vostro 3360 a18 bios. Work like a charm, altough at the end I'am not using aicpupm kext for pm, but using xcpm without patching the kernel was nice.

NVIDIA Web Driver issue, not related to PM (which X99 doesn't have natively anyways (Apple never used it); you might be able to use NullCPUPM and get a few more states).

Thank you.

MIXAGRIND:UEFIPatch_0.3.8_osx yod$ ./UEFIPatch X99GG1W.10d
parseFile: non-empty pad-file contents will be destroyed after volume modifications
No patches can be applied to input file

probably already unlocked

thank you.

Is it posible to flash the Asrock z87 Extreme9/ac bios through UEFIPatch?

Will it sucessfully run yosemite with a 4930k processor on Clover UEFI?

Is it posible to flash the Asrock z87 Extreme9/ac bios through UEFIPatch?

Will it sucessfully run yosemite with a 4930k processor on Clover UEFI?

Should be possible to patch the locked MSRs using UEFIPatch... but no, you cannot run a Socket LGA2011 CPU with a Socket LGA1150 motherboard.

Absoluetly right :hysterical: 

Unfortunatly OSX will take a while to give native support to Haswell-E processors.  Maybe a 4790k with an Asrock z97 Extreme9.  I'll try to find some info around the forum for this mobo. Gigabyte would be an easier option but I need the specifications of the asrock.

Hey how are you ? im new to the forum i tried patching the latest asus maximus vi formula bios with pmpatch and it gives me this  

PMPatch 0.5.12
PowerManagement modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00670E20 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
CpuPei module at 00770E20 not patched: Patch pattern not found.

i also tried UEFIpatch but i had no luck figuring how it works

do i need to patch the bios for native cpu power mangment on yosimite or el capitan ?

also im on the latest bios as of today its Version 1603

i hope you can help thanks in advance

Hi , any chance someone verify if this is applicable to dell precision t3610 bios?

I've used pmpatch previously with great results on older boards.

Not exactly sure of the process with the new tool.

Bios attached,

T3610A10.exe

My Gigabyte GA Z170X Gaming 3 is on its way. I've patched successfully the latest non-beta BIOS with the latest patches for 1151. Does anybody have any clue to how to flash it? afudos method? Or just the Gigabyte flash utility?

As far i know you can flash with Gigabyte Utility, if i remember well bios doesn't have any signature 

As far i know you can flash with Gigabyte Utility, if i remember well bios doesn't have any signature 

Unfortunately Gigabyte QFlash Utility doesn't allow patched bios to be flashed. With AFUDOS BIOS.BIN /O command to dump the original bios gives me "BIOS Write protected" error. Any clue? I would use SPI Programmer but first of all I can't even dump the original file to be patched, then I wouldn't try flashing since the bios chip is soldered to the motherboard.

Hi guys

I'm trying to install El Captain on my desktop. But I couldn't reach to Installer and after 2 or 3 second, apple logo appeared, system reboot.

Someone here told me that the problem is in BIOS and I have to disable IOAPIC in my bios. But this option in hidden in my bios.

So I decided to use this guide to active this option in my bios. I've downloaded my BIOS from www.gigabyte.com and extract H81MS2PV.F9 from that in 8MB in size.

But the AMIBCP.exe told me that the file is not Aptio V.  (The input image is not Aptio V.)

Any suggestion please?!

thanks a milliom

:blush::rolleyes::(

Hello everyone! I don't know if i'm posting into correct section but I'd like to update my Management Engine FIrmware and UEFITool gives me this error:

reconstructIntelImage: reconstructed body size F80000h (16252928) is smaller then original 1000000h (16777216) 

So, it's that normal, or it because i'm trying to modify a genuine gigabyte BIOS file?

Actually, I saw that ME Region it's unlocked, so it's not a problem replacing the firmware with a new version. It seems pretty comod because otherwise I have to flash it from Windows using specific tools and i want to put directly into BIOS using this UEFITool feature.

@CodeRush, thanks for this great tool, it's really helping the entire community!

post-498209-0-02746800-1449533678_thumb.png

post-498209-0-54932100-1449533683_thumb.png

Unfortunately Gigabyte QFlash Utility doesn't allow patched bios to be flashed. With AFUDOS BIOS.BIN /O command to dump the original bios gives me "BIOS Write protected" error. Any clue? I would use SPI Programmer but first of all I can't even dump the original file to be patched, then I wouldn't try flashing since the bios chip is soldered to the motherboard.

As far i know you can't use spi on Gigabyte mobo, you have to desolder main chip and read it with spi, i was tring with clips, no lucky, mis spi tell me to much current absorbed 

This method is working with GA-Z170X Gaming 3 - bios F5b for

- IOAPIC Value patch

- Unlock 0xE2 module

- Flash with old EFIFlash utility

Unfortunately Asus bios (tried on Z170 Pro) is locked, afudos not working, neither efiflash or BUpdater (Asus dos tool). Of course, Asus doesn't have soldered chips, so hopefully SPI Programmer should do the job (not tested yet)

Kynyo, it's a bug in both Gigabyte descriptor and UEFITool, will try to get rid of it, thanks for pointing me out.

You can use hex editor to replace the ME region manually, but I don't recommend doing it at all, use FwUpdLcl to update the existing one, if nothing blocks ypu from it.

giacomoleopardo, is that Skylake patchset working on your board? If so, I will add it to the next UEFIPatch release.

You can try BIOS flashback or this method (use google translate).

This method is working with GA-Z170X Gaming 3 - bios F5b for

- IOAPIC Value patch

- Unlock 0xE2 module

- Flash with old EFIFlash utility

Unfortunately Asus bios (tried on Z170 Pro) is locked, afudos not working, neither efiflash or BUpdater (Asus dos tool). Of course, Asus doesn't have soldered chips, so hopefully SPI Programmer should do the job (not tested yet)

I have a spi programmer and works very well with asus chips, but you need a clips to read and flash onboard.

Buy a very strong clip, i bought a cheap programmer but i had to change standard clip with one from pomona, the standard that comes with programmer. was a {censored}.

Another way is desolder chip and solder soic 8 sockets, so you can remove flash without hot air station, i'm following this way for laptop in which i would like put Ozmosis 

giacomoleopardo, is that Skylake patchset working on your board? If so, I will add it to the next UEFIPatch release.

You can try BIOS flashback or this method (use google translate).

Yes it is. Confirmed

# SiInit | Skylake
299D6F8B-2EC9-4E40-9EC6-DDAA7EBF5FD9 10 P:75080D00800000:EB080D00800000
299D6F8B-2EC9-4E40-9EC6-DDAA7EBF5FD9 12 P:75080D00800000:EB080D00800000

working on GA-Z170X Gaming 3 as posted above on #1867. Also the old EfiFlash version posted from vonmolk does work to flash gigabyte bios. Also the AMIBCP 5.01 method to add IOAPIC value.

Still on Asus I need to try that method you linked.

I have a spi programmer and works very well with asus chips, but you need a clips to read and flash onboard.

Buy a very strong clip, i bought a cheap programmer but i had to change standard clip with one from pomona, the standard that comes with programmer. was a {censored}.

Another way is desolder chip and solder soic 8 sockets, so you can remove flash without hot air station, i'm following this way for laptop in which i would like put Ozmosis 

Thanks. I know how to flash  with SPI. I do that with Raspberry. And no need to desolder anything, cause on Gigabyte EfiFlash does work. The issue is now on Asus Z170 Pro. Still working with Kernel PM flag in clover config.plist, though.

Kynyo, it's a bug in both Gigabyte descriptor and UEFITool, will try to get rid of it, thanks for pointing me out.

You can use hex editor to replace the ME region manually, but I don't recommend doing it at all, use FwUpdLcl to update the existing one, if nothing blocks ypu from it.

Ok, Thanks!

Good New Year to Everyone. 

Im working with a cheap ecs broad. H81H3-I. I used UEFIpatch to patch the bios. But I'm still needing Null Kext to boot. Can Someone Verify the Bios is Patched correctly for me? Any help would be great. 

B.rom.zip

It's patched correctly.

Thanks for looking into that & your valueable tools CodeRush!

Ill have to dig into why its still needing Null kext to boot.