• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
davidb8

Help with lion on AMD FX 8150 please

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have had osx running on a windows laptop in the past so I have SOME previous experience with this. BUT I have recently made my own build. I didn't have osx in mind when I built my PC or the specs would be more suited.

Basically I have been given a usb drive with Niresh lion on it and I have my old copy of a boot cd beginning with i.

When I try to boot I use the recommended "Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386 -v I also use GraphicsEnabler=no to get past ati card error.

but when I hit enter to boot it restarts very fast but I managed to read it said "NOT AN INTEL PLATFORM - RESTART FIX" or something along those lines. I thought the kernel cache boot flag was to enable it to boot with amd cpu?!?

I have read people getting this working on AMD and would like to run it too. My system is AMD FX 8150 (apparently 8 core?) 16GB ram ATI HD7770 2GB gfx

any help would be great thank you