Reboot after selecting SL dvd in nawcom's ModCd.

wws12

8 posts in this topic

Hi.

I am trying to install SL with nawcom's ModCd. When I select the DVD in ModCd, it gives me a scrolling list of files being loaded and tells me to press Q to continue. If I do, my computer reboots immediately. Is this because I do not yet have a discrete gfx card installed and are only using the built in HD 2000 gfx? I suspect that, but want to confirm in case it's something else. Thanks for your assistance as always!

Intel HD Graphics 2000? I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's Sandy Bridge, right? Are you booting from the legacy kernel? You don't have support for it in the Vanilla Kernel until you run a combo update. If it's still rebooting after that, check to see if a custom busratio will work. I know that was the problem on my computer even though it's a first-gen core i3. I hope this helps!

Intel HD Graphics 2000? I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's Sandy Bridge, right? Are you booting from the legacy kernel? You don't have support for it in the Vanilla Kernel until you run a combo update. If it's still rebooting after that, check to see if a custom busratio will work. I know that was the problem on my computer even though it's a first-gen core i3. I hope this helps!

Yes it is Sandy Bridge. How do I boot from the legacy kernel? I tried typing mach_kernel at the boot loader but that made no difference. Could you also describe how to enter a custom bus ratio? Thanks for your help!

For the mod CD, don't type any specific kernel, and the legacy kernel will be loaded by default. Typing mach_kernel is telling it to use the Vanilla Kernel, hence the reboot.

As for the busratio, check out this guide: http://www.insanelym...-your-busratio/ EDIT: Forgot to say, you don't have to modify the Boot.plist, just specify it at boot as a kernel flag like this: busratio=XX.

There was a site that listed the proper busratios for the Intel Core i Series (I thought it was netkas), but I can't find it after a google search... outside of a certain onytay. I will never click on his links as long as I live!

For the mod CD, don't type any specific kernel, and the legacy kernel will be loaded by default. Typing mach_kernel is telling it to use the Vanilla Kernel, hence the reboot.

As for the busratio, check out this guide: http://www.insanelym...-your-busratio/ EDIT: Forgot to say, you don't have to modify the Boot.plist, just specify it at boot as a kernel flag like this: busratio=XX.

There was a site that listed the proper busratios for the Intel Core i Series (I thought it was netkas), but I can't find it after a google search... outside of a certain onytay. I will never click on his links as long as I live!

I didn't type any specific kernel at first, that's why I tried mach_kernel when it didn't work. I'll try the bus ratio tip. Do you think it is related to my onboard vgan at all?

Edit: by doing the buaratio trick with flags -x and -v., I was able to get much farther loading kexts. However, I still was not able to get to the install screen.