Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Black screen from DVI on 8400GS video card...

1 post in this topic

I'm having a lot of trouble with my Nvidia 8400GS 1024MB (DVI, HDMI, VGA) video card on 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. If I plug my display into the VGA port, everything works fine, but I get a blue screen when changing the resolution (or when the resolution is changed by an app) so this isn't an acceptable option, and if I plug it into the DVI port (primary) I get nothing but a black screen after the grey apple logo.

To get the video card to work at all I added the device ID to NVDanv50HAL.kext and used GraphicsEnabler=Yes and npci=0x3000 at boot but everything else is unmodified. I can give any other information about the system if needed...

Can anyone help me? :(