Kernel Panic Question

JungMin

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am running 10.7.4 on a GA-P35-DS3 with a core2duo. It's been running perfectly fine until a few minutes ago when I restarted it and it won't boot, Christmas Eve movie is delayed....

Maybe 2 or 3 boots prior I connected a new drive but without issue, even after a few reboots. The last thing i did was install "Remote Buddy", then reboot.

I'm not sure what caused this panic and was hoping someone could take a look at these screenshots and help me get running again.

I get this when booting verbose:

post-59925-13563408812467_thumb.jpg

And this after verbose and safe:

post-59925-135634096736_thumb.jpg

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Thank you for the quick reply! One more question...I'm not sure what that kext is as I didn't install it. I haven't added any in months.

I logged in via installer USB, and used the terminal app to go to /System/Library/Extensions, but I can't find that file?

Any ideas where I should look?

Cheers.

try this boot flag for single user mode : -f -x -v -s GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x2000 or you need your USBInstaller or DVDInstaller and go for Utilities/app Terminal

type diskutil list: locate your disk and mount :Example diskutil mount /dev/disk0s2 is your disk0 and your partition2 see your

type: cd name_yourdisk

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf RBIOKitHelper.kext

cd /System/Library/Caches

rm rf *

reboot -R now

First I just wanted to say thank you for your help!

I was unable to boot with those flags so I used a USB installer. I can get to the terminal app, but can't seem to delete the caches as it says its a READ ONLY file system.

Cheers.

I think I got it. I was working from the root folder, but actually all you mentioned had to be done off my users folder.

It just booted normally, anxious to reboot and see what happens again but it seems ok!

Thank you so much for your help. I've learned a lot thanks to you. Cheers and have a very merry Christmas!!

Edit: Yahoo! It booted up again! Thanks again for your help.